Check out the new XDA app! Let us know what you think [App rolling out now]

MrBlubke

Jan 24, 2011
Well, the "fix for white screen on load" is mentioned again, but it still does the same as before - white, brown, blinding white, dark. Not a big deal unless you're looking at the screen in a dark room, in which case the blinding white is most unwelcome. I've cleared cache & rebooted. Just what exactly does this "fix" refer to?
getting stuck on the white screen is fixed... some users reported the app got stuck there, and I've experienced it myself...

voroxda

Jun 17, 2014
Old man like me need a little more time to get familiar with the new UI. In my opinion the UI is not always self explainable. Btw the only thing which should urgently altered is the possibility to configure the kind of highlighting new posts from threads I am watching. On my device there is nearly no difference between classical highlighted and not highlighted. May be a customisable colour?

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Old man like me need a little more time to get familiar with the new UI. In my opinion the UI is not always self explainable. Btw the only thing which should urgently altered is the possibility to configure the kind of highlighting new posts from threads I am watching. On my device there is nearly no difference between classical highlighted and not highlighted. May be a customisable colour?
This is true and it is true also for the website. Read and unread difference is very subtle. One simply can't tell them apart!

BeeJ1109

Sep 26, 2015
Adelaide
How do you get rid of these ****ING ADs popping up all the time. every second, stopping you entering text. Slows down access. Get keybounce, no response, so bloody SLOW. PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney

gibbsnich

Aug 4, 2011
Yeah there seems to be huge issues across the app and the site. Get a login bootloop in browser and the app has loading issues. Been having to go other places to get development info.
Yeah it's just so sad .. Never will I understand why XDA had never enough trust in its userbase to believe an open sourced app model would work. They had a great, in-house developed app.. and just dropped it.. to get this?
Sorry, XDA, but I hope at least it paid to help them develop their forum software.
Deleting it now.

Edit: Just had to look this sad story up: In fact in 2015 XDA planned to open source its old app. But when asked about it .. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-xda-beta-mar-19-xda-labs-forum-app-app-installer-xposed-repo.3241866/post-70026644

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
Yeah it's just so sad .. Never will I understand why XDA had never enough trust in its userbase to believe an open sourced app model would work. They had a great, in-house developed app.. and just dropped it.. to get this?
Sorry, XDA, but I hope at least it paid to help them develop their forum software.
Deleting it now.

Edit: Just had to look this sad story up: In fact in 2015 XDA planned to open source its old app. But when asked about it .. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-xda-beta-mar-19-xda-labs-forum-app-app-installer-xposed-repo.3241866/post-70026644

I have been around a while and part of many teams. The reply given is not to far off. We here are less then 1% of users. Even of the 1% not even a full percent of them can understand the code. Very few people contribute to open source apps or even look over the code as it is very time consuming. And to be honest, Unless you really have no other life, The time just isn't there for the average person. That's why if you ask around the majority of devs are teens as they have the time needed to work on it and delv in.

v00d007

Feb 28, 2014
"Let us know what you think..."
So, as long as the 'in thread' search function isn't implemented I really feel somehow cut off. And because the 'in thread' search with my preferred Android browsers isn't working either (the search options icon is buggy) I'm really out. I really don't have the time/nerves to manually search tens/hundreds of pages...

The new app is bloated with functions I don't need and the performance isn't good. I wish the old but very useful and good app 'XDA labs' would get reactivated. That's my opinion - sorry.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Read and unread difference is very subtle. One simply can't tell them apart!
I second this. Every time I look at any posts in my subscribed lists I can't tell if there are new posts; even the time isn't a reliable indicator, as it seems to take several refresh swipes to make the last post time update. Surely the typeface can't be *that* difficult to change...?

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
I thought a recent update was supposed to go to the first unread message when opening a watched thread. Instead it just goes to the last message in the thread. Then I have to scroll back and try to find where I left off from before.
What you describe is what all of us are seeing, there was some confusion at first I think that made us think it was fixed.

Reactions: bjevers