• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Check out the new XDA app! Let us know what you think [App rolling out now]

Search This thread

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Weard issue for me app from play store,workin great.But when open XDA forum on my Pc(Google Chrome) browser,i cannot write posts???This is from app simply hit reply,and alk is ok.But from PC i cannot in reply writing nothig.App work on android Realme 7,but from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 nothing.On pc all rest works,only xda forum zero 🤔
Although it does not belong into this thead as this is for the app only: Have you logged in with your xda account on the browser?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
There issue in "reporting issue" lol! I can't send reports with report issue in settings.
Attached screenshot (that includes original issue too) if someone here to look and at least available to acknowledge that received it.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-142805_XDA Developers.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611-142805_XDA Developers.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 37

woodman

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
OnePlus 7T
There issue in "reporting issue" lol! I can't send reports with report issue in settings.
Attached screenshot (that includes original issue too) if someone here to look and at least available to acknowledge that received it.
Thanks
I can reproduce it. It has been reported at least 2 other times in this thread but hasn't been fixed yet.

tharryz

Mar 8, 2020
Hello, it doesn't work on my honor9 android 7.0 stf-al10 b123, this app always flashback directly when I click it. I can't enter the latest xda developers app. Could you please solve this problem?

Attachments

• SVID_20210618_232757.mp4
    676.8 KB · Views: 0

IamTheBRAVE

Notifications seem to be working again. Got one an hour ago. However something still bothering me.
The text says "new alert in xda forums" (see screenshot) and sends you to the alert tab to open the post. Seems redundant.
Old behaviour used to be:
- open notification to go to corresponding post
-open alert to go to corresponding post
New behaviour looks like:
-open notification sends to alert tab
-open alert tab to open the post
With notification badges activated, i can see i have a new alert and open the app to check the alert tab. So i personally don't need notification in quick settings.
what do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-140003_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210630-140003_Settings.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 25

IamTheBRAVE

With notification badges activated, i can see i have a new alert and open the app to check the alert tab. So i personally don't need notification in quick settings.
Edit: (correction) badges show up when receiving notification in QS. And that's enough. I am disabling alerts for now to watch if the behaviour is satisfying.

Edit 2: disabled alerts for 24h and now not getting notifications or alerts. So still buggy...

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Possible change in login processing?

In the last three or four hours one of my Android devices was automatically or mistakenly logged out of XDA. We've seen this occur in situations where all devices logged into a particular account would get logged out but that seems to not be the case this time since the other device remained logged in.

While logging back in my default browser, Naked Browser Pro, opened and requested manual entry of XDA credentials and then after those were entered moved to the more automated authentication I've become familiar with in the new system. To @sd_shadow's point, I can see why the default browser setting might be a factor, but the last time I logged in I did not have to enter the credentials manually so I'm wondering if this was a one-time glitch or a permanent change.

FWIW, the two Android devices have different browsers set as default, on one it is naked browser Pro and on the other it is Firefox. I don't know if that explains how the one device got logged out but I could see that having an impact on the subsequent login experience.

expressluke

I hate the new app and wish that XDA Labs could return.
What do you not like about the new app? What functions are you missing from XDA Labs that you feel like you need in this version.

Feedback just saying you hate the new app won't help the developers make the XDA app better unfortunately and it's not possible to bring it back in the form that it was.

What do you not like about the new app? What functions are you missing from XDA Labs that you feel like you need in this version.

Feedback just saying you hate the new app won't help the developers make the XDA app better unfortunately and it's not possible to bring it back in the form that it was.
Everything.

XDA Labs had better navigation and worked flawlessly. The app store it had was also nice, and it was also ad-free for free (no subscription needed, etc.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new app is just an upgrade to the current XDA app, so you should be able to just go into Play and hit "Update"

The app is rolling out now, and will take hours to get to everyone. For safety, we are doing a staged rollout at first at about 50%.

Update 12/8: App is now at 100% rollout so everyone should get it soon. Thanks for testing and using it! :)
    Update 1/13/21: We are aware that for some, the app isn't working. We plan to release a fix ASAP.

Fun things to try:

- Login explore the app settings and gesture controls (hit the third button on the bottom).
    - Read the Tips and Tricks thread
    So many are asking about the news section in the app---and yes, we intend to bring this back.
    So far it's s long way short of the old app, in terms of functionality.
    For me the main things that could be fixed/implemented are
    . Easily select my device then have the main device subforum one click away. (No, it's not going to be good enough to bookmark/flag/watch/favourite/whatever the individual subforums of the device subforum. It would be nice to have the device forum in its own tab/link/etc. and not mixed in with the general watched threads section)
    . Go to the last read post when opening a thread
    . Selecting a thread, by default, opens that thread, not show some useless overview, requiring a second button tap to actually open it.
    . Bring back the swipe left and right, in a thread, to go to the previous next page in the thread.

I've been lazy and haven't gone through this thread, so I assume there's nothing new here as these are all the staple needs of a forum app. So apologies if I'm repeating other thoughts, but the more often the basics are flagged, hopefully the higher up the fix list they'll go.
    OK, having spent a bit more time with it, here are more thoughts.
    . The current home page is mostly useless, the trending, new posts, and new threads are 99.9% device specific about a device you don't own and so is pointless. Move this to the last tab on the bottom (I'll leave it to someone else to suggest an icon for it) then make a useful home page. The most useful things are quick access to your own device subforums (This would be an expandable list, depending on how many devices you own/care about.), quick access to see new posts where you have direct replies, quotes or mentions and quick access to see new PM's. The rest of the home page could then be configurable so each user can choose what else is important to them. (e.g. New posts to threads you've previously participated in).
    . Bring back the functionality to automatically save a draft of a new post/reply. It was incredibly useful when you needed to add multiple links to other threads. It was also very useful when creating long guides, etc. to be able to compose it in stages if necessary.
    . Why are PM's (conversations in modern parlance) only accessible in the alerts tab?. I understand new messages should have alerts there, but surely the whole collection should have its own place. I guess somewhere in the account tab would make some sense.
    I'm sorry to have to say this to the developper of this app, but I really don't like the new app. It's so less convenient than the previous XDA Labs app.

Here in a list of key features I'm missing:
    - Going straight to the last unread post when clicking on a thread (instead, the new app opens the thread in the OP which is very frustrating as you can't really figure out where you last left the thread).
    - Navigating through thread pages by swiping left and right
    - The Newsfeed section
    - The XDA App section. Maybe it's because this is forbidden by Google, but then why don't you make a non playstore XDA+ app with this additional feature? Many XDA users are "expert" happy to install apps from other sources than the Play Store anyways
    - The "My Device" section, leading straight to our Device forum
    - The Subscribed Thread tab

Other things that I find very frustrating with new app:
    - It's too cluttered, and despite the clutter, it is not only less convenient than the previous XDA Labs app, but it is also missing nice features/tabs/filters that can be found in the browser version
    - I'm getting the SSL error when using NextDNS private dns. The only way around this is to whitelist www.google-analytics.com and www.googletagmanger.com. This is unacceptable for me. I can't whitelist this google crap just for the sake of accessing the XDA app (especially XDA, of all apps, why would you mingle so deeply with google analytics?).

I'm gonna stick to the web version for the time being (also a frustration), hoping for an improved XDA app, with a more user-friendly UI, less permission requests, and less dependancy on google-crap.

Also, is there a web browser equivalent to the XDA Lab App Store?
    well , title says "tell us what you think".
    firstly i'd like to say that i am not a developer. so i couldnt have done this. it is appreciated the time , effort , hours and knowledge that went into it.
    but i think it was @lfom who said it best for me ; "it killed the mobile user experience". i can learn new ways to navigate to where i want to go. i can find most everything i look for. but the overall experience has , well diminished quite a bit for me personally. i know you all are working diligently to fix the things that are broke which is again highly appreciated. but i can get kinda the same experience with my mobile browser and launcher just by logging in and clicking on "save to home screen".
    just my ¢.02 and do appreciate the effort.
    all the best for xda and its members/families in the new year.
    mrrocketdog , a.k.a. dave