Check the top right of your XL

Search This thread

twostep665

Jan 5, 2012
Everyone,
Check the top right corner of your Pixel XL. Look and see if there is a tiny separation happening at the top right corner where it meets the top/side. I happened to notice on mine. It is very small but it's there. It's not like that on the left side. I went up to the Verizon store to possibly swap it out but while I was waiting for a representative I looked at their floor models and noticed the same separation on all of their models. It seems as if there was an adhesive used to fuse the phones together that did not stick on that side. I was actually able to press down on the corner and it would move so I know it is an actual separation. I'm curious to see if anyone else has noticed this?

digitalallstar

Aug 23, 2007
Front or back? Either way there is no separation on mine on either side.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

digitalallstar

Aug 23, 2007
It's on the front. Around the top right corner. It's very small and hard to spot. I got 'lucky' and saw it in a certain light and now I can't unsee it!
Nope. Screen meets the frame with no separation.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

My screen meets the frame on all sides. No separation.

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
No issues over here. Everything is sealed. Did you drop it or hit it on something by accident or has it been around any heat? If not could be a defective unit.

twostep665

Jan 5, 2012
No issues over here. Everything is sealed. Did you drop it or hit it on something by accident or has it been around any heat? If not could be a defective unit.

Nope. Haven't dropped it or anything. Hehe I haven't had it long enough for that yet! Like I said before though all the verizon floor models had this same little separation. It probably isn't a big deal but I was just curious to see if anyone else had it. I'm have a Verizon model if that makes any difference.

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
Nope. Haven't dropped it or anything. Hehe I haven't had it long enough for that yet! Like I said before though all the verizon floor models had this same little separation. It probably isn't a big deal but I was just curious to see if anyone else had it. I'm have a Verizon model if that makes any difference.

Mine is from Google Store. I did go to a Verizon the other day but didn't really notice anything. There is a Verizon on my way to work so I will stop in and look at the floor models.

Colomonster

Aug 1, 2010
Big Apple Circus
I HAVE deportation on the back, and it broke pressing the headset to my ear to hear my father better today...... I got the insurance but planned on returning it in 14 days because I have a Google over on the way.... Luckily Google said he will talk to Verizon for me and hook a brother up. This whole pixel thing is a disaster..... Phone is mint besides that minor stress fracture/shatter... FML shoulda just listened to the wife use a flip phone.

yacchatta

May 11, 2011
no, you are not crazy. :)

I also got it from google store and have tiny gap between the aluminium case and the front glass. It's very little, but it is there. I don't have another camera here right now, but when I'm home I'll try to take a shot of it.
I have the silver version and I guess with it you can see the gap better than with other color versions.

Anyway, luckily my case covers the gap, else I couldn't unsee it too. ;)

Reactions: kvnhmmd

twostep665

Jan 5, 2012
Here's a pic of mine

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 795

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no, you are not crazy. :)

I also got it from google store and have tiny gap between the aluminium case and the front glass. It's very little, but it is there. I don't have another camera here right now, but when I'm home I'll try to take a shot of it.
    I have the silver version and I guess with it you can see the gap better than with other color versions.

Anyway, luckily my case covers the gap, else I couldn't unsee it too. ;)
    Yup. You are right. That bothers me more than the visible space, which is covered by the case.

Your not alone....bothers me too. Its a design flaw in the way that huawei and htc designed the 6p and pixel phones. Becomes really noticeable when using double tap to wake feature.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Couldn't you guys just take a dryer or heat gun and apply some heat on these spots(or around the whole phone) and just get clamps or hold down and see if the adhesive sticks together?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Whether that works or not....it principle !! You should not have to do that on a $1000 phone. They want to compete with iphone then build quality should be on par as well.
    Except with every Apple product I've bought they've been flawless, and even if there was an issue like the one mentioned here, they would swap it out on the spot at an Apple store.

But hey Apple sucks right? So let's all pay Apple prices for Google hardware and accept imperfections.

Luckily my pixel doesn't have this issue.
    Funnily enough I had this exact problem with an iPhone 6. The display became slightly detached from the frame etc so every time I pressed the screen there was a small click and a slight bit of movement.

Apple did replace the phone, but with a refurbished model, not a new one.

I don't have any issues with my Pixel from what I can tell, I have the black version.

Sent from my Google Pixel
    This makes me so angry i'm going to return my pixel xl...

Said no one ever. Why is this even an issue? Manufacturing flaw, Nope. Ever heard of tolerances? Machine's aren't 100% perfect.

Seems like people just need to find something to complain about no matter what.
    Isn't the ticking noise the camera parts moving when you tap it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think so, at least I have had that with other phones in the past. its the auto-focus not engaged if I remember correctly. Try this. Turn the camera on, and now tap it. it goes away. turn it off. it comes back. At least that is what happens on mine.