• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Check your Vzw accounts. Credits!

Search This thread

countryg1rl

Jun 21, 2014
St. Marys
Note 7 is bigger to hold. S7 is more slimmer. I did not want to wait over a week to try the Google phone so I got the Z Force. I'm just sad that this had to happen cause I'm a Samsung girl. I went from Note 5 to LG G5 biggest mistake ever. Then got Note 7 this happens. ???*

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Note 7 is bigger to hold. S7 is more slimmer. I did not want to wait over a week to try the Google phone so I got the Z Force. I'm just sad that this had to happen cause I'm a Samsung girl. I went from Note 5 to LG G5 biggest mistake ever. Then got Note 7 this happens. ???*

im lovin the z force.. it looks and feels nice and the os is great! more google less moto lol

abouttocrash

Dec 4, 2010
Anyone thinking of trying the LG V20? Looks like a viable option if it can be rooted. I would totally get on board with the Pixel, but I'm not sure anyone is going to be bothered to root it, due to it already being sold unlocked. I'd buy it from Google, but I pay monthly for my N7. Plus I bought it from Best Buy.

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
It is a nice phone. I bought my hubby 2 mods that were on buy one get one half off. I got him the projector and the camera

nice! lucky man.. damn projector mod is 300$ lol

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Anyone thinking of trying the LG V20? Looks like a viable option if it can be rooted. I would totally get on board with the Pixel, but I'm not sure anyone is going to be bothered to root it, due to it already being sold unlocked. I'd buy it from Google, but I pay monthly for my N7. Plus I bought it from Best Buy.
i was but couldnt wait lol.. the moto z force droid imo isnt a note 7 orv20 or s7e but its damn close and some might even say its on par if they like mods.. i dont have 300 though for a darn projector mod but im sure its sweet

countryg1rl

Jun 21, 2014
St. Marys
nice! lucky man.. damn projector mod is 300$ lol

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

i was but couldnt wait lol.. the moto z force droid imo isnt a note 7 orv20 or s7e but its damn close and some might even say its on par if they like mods.. i dont have 300 though for a darn projector mod but im sure its sweet
Well it was for his late bday gift

Reactions: elliwigy

Dodge DeBoulet

Mar 4, 2012
I went for the S7 Edge. Although I've heard negative comments on its curved edges, I've also seen reports where the use of a case eliminates most of the problems people have complained about.

In my estimation the Edge is the phone that comes closest to the feature set of the N7. Same processor, RAM, camera, a Super AMOLED display, Samsung Pay, wireless charging and microSD support. The only thing I'm giving up is the s-pen and 32GB of on-board storage (which may be ameliorated by Adoptable Storage if the hack still works).

Since the phone is less expensive and Samsung is paying me $100 to continue to be a customer, it made the choice a lot easier. I'm also very interested in the Gear S3 Frontier, which will likely integrate best with Samsung's own phones.

Hopefully the Edge will arrive Monday.

Spike96

May 28, 2013
Wait, yo guys, I'm seriously confused. Did Verizon just give us all free phones, and put an immense amount of faith in us to return them to Samsung?

My Note 7 is sitting right beside me. I haven't contacted Verizon at all since the 2nd recall.
I logged into my account today (my bill cycle ends on the 12th so it was updated very recently), and my installment plan was gone entirely from my bill whereas in September I was clearly charged $36. It seems Verizon charged me a one time payment of $36 for a Note 7...

Last edited:

pgalioto

Oct 23, 2010
Suwanee
Wait, yo guys, I'm seriously confused. Did Verizon just give us all free phones, and put an immense amount of faith in us to return them to Samsung?

My Note 7 is sitting right beside me. I haven't contacted Verizon at all since the 2nd recall.
I logged into my account today (my bill cycle ends on the 12th so it was updated very recently), and my installment plan was gone entirely from my bill whereas in September I was clearly charged $36. It seems Verizon charged me a one time payment of $36 for a Note 7...
They will reimburse you for the 36 once you actually return the device. I'm waiting for my pixel xl to come in on Tuesday, so I can get my 330 back from VZW lol.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

shizumie

Jan 25, 2011
Hortense

You can get the pixel from good directly with monthly payments same as Verizon. Only difference is from Google is will have unlock able bootloader. I will miss my spen and SD card tho.

koop_rt

Feb 28, 2016
Downgraded from the N7 to the S7 after placing an order through the phone. I got charged tax and a land activation fee, did this happen to any one else? I thought all costs would be covered.

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Downgraded from the N7 to the S7 after placing an order through the phone. I got charged tax and a land activation fee, did this happen to any one else? I thought all costs would be covered.

Unless you were refunded the taxes or it might come back after phone is returned. The other fees are not supposed to be charged but if you do it online the site doesn't know. You have to order through a person so they put in a code to remove the fees. So basically you have to contact Verizon for a redund.

Vic35

Sep 27, 2016
Be that guy.. it's not our fault they are utterly clueless at this whole fiasco.. If they didn't collect your note 7 keep it.. especially if they wiped your payment plan.. they said a box would come but where? It's been over a week and a half since i upgraded and still sitting on my note 7 and my new i7plus that's new on my installment plan

Reactions: elliwigy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm hoping they'll let customers keep their note 7's as they're not going to refurb them, since it's being cancelled altogether.
    I haven't been able to confirm nor deny whether it's possible to keep the note 7, but I'm hoping.
    Let me know what you think of the Z. I'm interested in that one too.
    so far so good!
    Was a rhetorical question really. I wouldn't expect V to refund me for something I bought elsewhere. Still sucks though. I sure hope Best Buy will honor a refund given the circumstances.

The thing that ticks me off is that the N7 had pretty much dominant specs when compared to other 2016 model phones/phablets but it is what it is.

What other modern phones (on vzw) are root friendly and have big ars screens? Was eyeballing the pixel but No MicroSD is a big bummer for me and who knows about rooting Android N (7.1) Moto Z looks pretty nice. Apple is NOT an option. Made that mistake already for 4years.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

~SG

i got the moto z force droid n love it.. no root however atm
    My husband has the Z force and LOVES it. I got him the camera and projector for it.

I'm torn between that or S7. I love the clarity Samsung has also i wear hearing aid Samsung sounds better but I like big phones

Sent from my SM-N930P using XDA Premium HD app
    The S7 Edge is the same size as the Note 7.
    Nah. It's not. Close, but not the same. The s7 edge curved screen sucks too. The note 7 is better, but i dont like either one.