CheckList (W)VGA v2.1

Search This thread

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com
Platform: Windows Mobile (Tested on 6.5.x)

Overview: A simple Check List application

* Organized by Categories
* New / Modify / Delete Category
* New / Modify / Delete Item
* Move Item to Vault / Restore Item from Vault
* Touch friendly
* Included Desktop Companion (PC application)

* No Master Lists!
* No Descriptions / Notes
* No Quantities
* No Item Pictures
* No Prices
* Without many functions and options

JUST A FRIENDLY CHECKLIST! :)

Download (old) 1.1 VGA version

Download 2.1 (W)VGA version

Download Desktop Companion version 2.1

Changelog v2.0 :

- Fixed the WVGA resolution.
- The Splash Screen was Changed.
- The user can change the order of the Categories / Items
- Settings Panel added
- The Program now can keep the Backlight On (option)
- The user can change the Item (list) height (option)
- The user can change the Text size (option)
- The user can enable/disable the message dialogs (option)
- The user can enable/disable the splash screen (option)
- The database is saved only if changes detected.
- The graphic files was retouched.
- Many minor bug fixes.

Changelog v2.1 :

- added gray boxes
- fixed category problem
- fixed minus problem (-)
- Marks by default the first Category
- Marks by default the first Item in the selected category
- Many minor bug fixes.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,175
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,000
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 839
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:

Minnesinger

Aug 9, 2008
First Impressions

I just discovered this app and thought I'd leave my first impressions. Here goes...

At first go it's just what I've been looking for: a simple checklist app. It seems to be just that. I wouldn't say it's immediately intuitive, but with some messing around I picked up the basic routine. As with all things, with a little more playing around it will become 2nd nature. You should be aware, however, that the screen doesn't render properly in landscape (my phone is a TP2 [WVGA] see details in sig). As such, I couldn't confirm compatibility with the hard keyboard on my device.

Also, something to consider for future development, would be a way to create a link for a specific list that can be placed in one's calendar/appt editor. This probably takes away from the simplicity aspect, but that would be really slick!

I'll play with it some more throughout the week, but for simplicity's sake I like what you've put together -- at least on 1st impressions. Thanks for sharing!

fast_zorro

May 18, 2008
Berlin
Platform: Windows Mobile (Tested on 6.5.x)

Overview: A simple Check List application

* No Master Lists!
* No Descriptions / Notes
* No Quantities
* No Item Pictures
* No Prices
* Without many functions and options

JUST A FRIENDLY CHECKLIST! :)

...really simple, really friendly ... but: that is what I really need, it's quick, it's easy....it's GREAT (you're right: keep it simple!!!)

It works on HD2, no prob with keyboard...

:rolleyes: I hope, that you are buying soon a new device, to develop a WVGA-Version...aäh, whats about a wrap-up or second row for longer entrys ?

THX and greetz

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com
...really simple, really friendly ... but: that is what I really need, it's quick, it's easy....it's GREAT (you're right: keep it simple!!!)

It works on HD2, no prob with keyboard...

:rolleyes: I hope, that you are buying soon a new device, to develop a WVGA-Version...aäh, whats about a wrap-up or second row for longer entrys ?

THX and greetz

Do u want to be a beta tester of the 1.2 version? (its wvga compatible - i hope)

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com
..thanks god, it's friday....:D

Good morning dear beta tester :D

Today I will make a new version of the desktop companion and tomorrow morning I will release the full package :)
Im thinking to add an "enable single tap" option but i dont know because its not so friendly... :confused:

Anywayz, I will send you the released package via email - megaupload :p

Have a nice Friday people! :)

Minnesinger

Aug 9, 2008
Today I will make a new version of the desktop companion and tomorrow morning I will release the full package :)
Im thinking to add an "enable single tap" option but i dont know because its not so friendly... :confused:

May I leave some friendly feedback?

(I'm going to assume you said "yes"...)

First of all, allow me to repeat that this is a great little app. Simple and useful. Further, you have shared it with us freely, and I'm the first to acknowledge "beggars can't be choosy." With this in mind, I offer the following...

The boot time is too slow. One would think that given how light-weight this app is, it should load much like an immediate toggle on/toggle off application. While you're deserving of the credit appearing in your 'welcome'/'boot' screen, perhaps eliminating this feature would speed the load time? Even if it would not speed the load, I would like to see the Category menu straight away without an extra screen to pass through.

Second, it would be nice if Categories, and not just Items, could be saved to the vault. (Am I missing something?) It would be nice to create a simple template to the vault, then be able to copy a version to the active menu which could be applied as needed. Make sense?

Lastly, would it be possible to move the command bar down a centimeter or so? That way 4 full Category/Item panels could be visible w/o having to scroll up/down. I understand it's placed to accommodate ergonomic thumb usage, but to see 4 full Item panels, as opposed to 3 1/2, would be worth the slight stretch...

I'm really looking forward to a WVGA version as I'll be able to use the keyboard on my TP2, which would make this even MORE useful!

Once again, many thanks!!!

p.s. - There's also a couple of spelling errors in the menu guides. 'Aproove' comes to mind right off. ('Approve' is correct) However, your English is far superior to my Greek, so I have no room to criticize...

Last edited:

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com

(I'm going to assume you said "yes"...)

First of all, allow me to repeat that this is a great little app. Simple and useful. Further, you have shared it with us freely, and I'm the first to acknowledge "beggars can't be choosy." With this in mind, I offer the following...

The boot time is too slow. One would think that given how light-weight this app is, it should load much like an immediate toggle on/toggle off application. While you're deserving of the credit appearing in your 'welcome'/'boot' screen, perhaps eliminating this feature would speed the load time? Even if it would not speed the load, I would like to see the Category menu straight away without an extra screen to pass through.

The boot time is extremely slow... Its not my fault... This programming language is slow (even a "Hello world" takes 3-4 secs to load)
In the new version you have the option to disable the splash screen :D

Second, it would be nice if Categories, and not just Items, could be saved to the vault. (Am I missing something?) It would be nice to create a simple template to the vault, then be able to copy a version to the active menu which could be applied as needed. Make sense?
Why you make your life so difficult? :eek:

Lastly, would it be possible to move the command bar down a centimeter or so? That way 4 full Category/Item panels could be visible w/o having to scroll up/down. I understand it's placed to accommodate ergonomic thumb usage, but to see 4 full Item panels, as opposed to 3 1/2, would be worth the slight stretch...
In the new version you can adjust the row height of the items/categories :p

I'm really looking forward to a WVGA version as I'll be able to use the keyboard on my TP2, which would make this even MORE useful!
Wait 30 minutes...

Once again, many thanks!!!
You r welcome my friend

p.s. - There's also a couple of spelling errors in the menu guides. 'Aproove' comes to mind right off. ('Approve' is correct) However, your English is far superior to my Greek, so I have no room to criticize...
Please help me to correct them... My English suck...
Maybe I will release the new version in Greek :rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

Thank you very much for your post

Dimitris :)

Last edited:

fast_zorro

May 18, 2008
Berlin

...not bad, I'm also think about this topic...but, keep in mind the important issue: "small and easy".
I think, these is the most benefit from this app, so any new features should be aware of this point before added.
(MASPWARE Checklist, as example, looks nice, but you could be very easily lost in categories and items in up to 4 stages of deep)

But you're right, there are some improvents possible - let's see, what others will say and give Dadi68 a chance to enjoy the summer before making a version 3.0... :D

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com
...not bad, I'm also think about this topic...but, keep in mind the important issue: "small and easy".
I think, these is the most benefit from this app, so any new features should be aware of this point before added.
(MASPWARE Checklist, as example, looks nice, but you could be very easily lost in categories and items in up to 4 stages of deep)

But you're right, there are some improvents possible - let's see, what others will say and give Dadi68 a chance to enjoy the summer before making a version 3.0... :D

Hahahaha run DaDi RUNNNNNNNNN :D

2 weeks left for vacations guys :p :p :p

Ok, add categories to vault...
you mean an empty cateory or a category full of items?
I started to like that idea :eek: :cool:

Minnesinger

Aug 9, 2008
Ok, add categories to vault...
you mean an empty cateory or a category full of items?
I started to like that idea :eek: :cool:

Yes, a category full of items: a template. For example, a simple agenda template...

4817409502_de63600378.jpg

A template of the user's own design could be kept in the vault. In my case, there are occasions when I don't need to use a full appointment editor; I just need to keep a running list of contacts and times for any given day. Instead of retyping the time increments over and over, a blank agenda is always at the ready!

Although, this brings up another issue for me:

4816786243_e938397fb9.jpg

Whenever I attempt to edit one of the time slots on my agenda template, I get the warning seen in the pic above. I have the current-most NETCF v35 on my device, in addition to the NET CF v35 Messages.EN.wm .cab: am I missing anything? If I click 'yes' I'm able to continue and add a contact to a time slot, but the error message repeats with each edit.

Looking for ward to watching your app evolve -- Thanks!

Last edited:

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com
Yes, a category full of items: a template. For example, a simple agenda template...

4817409502_de63600378.jpg

A template of the user's own design could be kept in the vault. In my case, there are occasions when I don't need to use a full appointment editor; I just need to keep a running list of contacts and times for any given day. Instead of retyping the time increments over and over, a blank agenda is always at the ready!

Although, this brings up another issue for me:

4816786243_e938397fb9.jpg

Whenever I attempt to edit one of the time slots on my agenda template, I get the warning seen in the pic above. I have the current-most NETCF v35 on my device, in addition to the NET CF v35 Messages.EN.wm .cab: am I missing anything? If I click 'yes' I'm able to continue and add a contact to a time slot, but the error message repeats with each edit.

Looking for ward to watching your app evolve -- Thanks!

Replace the [-] with [...] and it will work fine!

About the Category -> Vault ...gimme some time, maybe next week

Dadi68

Jan 9, 2008
Athens
dadisppc.blogspot.com
Guys a beta 2.1 is out, that supports grayed checkboxes...
Im waiting for comments from my dear beta-tester :D

@Minnesinger : Can you help me by correcting spelling errors? To fix them before release the new version?

@All :
To Do:
1. Store full Categories (with items) into Vault [ NEXT WEEK ]

Have a beautiful weekend people!
:p

Minnesinger

Aug 9, 2008
@Minnesinger : Can you help me by correcting spelling errors? To fix them before release the new version?

Yes, of course. I would be happy to. Check your PMs and I'll attach a Word document with a complete list. Although, from what I've observed there are only a few minor things...