ChevronWP7 Unlocker & Cert download - *here* + video tutorial

Search This thread

IVIadness

Nov 30, 2010
my relocks even when not connected to the PC, seems kinda weird maybe it has something to do with the wireless syncing. because i do charge my phone each night and it syncs while charging wireless.. Who knows but it't a damn bummer at leas my ringtones I added dont get messesd up :)

dontdaworry

Nov 28, 2010
Yea mine does the same thing...weird if you ask me. I miss the days when we had control and enough freedom in our lives to know who the hell is doing what on our phones.

Something else happens too often when it shouldnt... Sometimes when there are no applications open,my phone seems to show a "H"(when connected to 3G). I wonder what information 'they' are downloading off our phones...lol..but in all seriousness..its starting to bother me. It seems my phone also runs abit slower as well!

Snppls

Dec 3, 2010
I can't seem to reunlock it no matter which unlocker I use. Is there anything special you guys did to reunlock it after it first got locked?.

Neo325

Dec 2, 2010
Bremen
Hi sorry for my bad english ;)

I have a problem everytime i Try to Unlock my WP7 , ChevronWP7 is Crash...
Can someone help me ? :(
Error.jpg

Last edited:
Please connect

Hey guys new to WP7 and have been trying to use chevron (both versions) but the cert is installed and i keep getting "I am having trouble communicating with the phone" Please connect phone using usb (which it is) and make sure Zune is running.. again it is...

Is there something I'm missing here?? thanks in advance...

sudsboy

Aug 12, 2005
found way to fix unable to connect to phone.

you'll have to go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" open hosts with notepad.exe and remove line (or lines)

<your old ip> developerservices.windowsphone.com

save it and try to unlock again.

note that on Win Vista, Win 7, you'll have to run notepad.exe as Administrator

Last edited:
this is whats in my host when i open with notepad....

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

sudsboy

Aug 12, 2005
That's hosts file look ok already. make sure it's not read only (right click on files, properties and uncheck read-only) and make sure your mail your phone a certificate. click on certificate and install it before do the unlock.

I have successfully do this on my HD7 and LG using same computer (different day with different IP).

sushovande

Nov 11, 2010
thanks for the tip - I tried, it but it failed with the same error message. (I did have the old entries in my hosts file, though).

kekes123

Dec 14, 2010
mm i want to use it on my mozart but same error the **** with the connection and zune not running.

but zune is running
and the connection is established betwen my mozart and my computer he even recognize if the handy is locked :S he say i use a pin on my handy when the screensaver is active.

i did all things said here. except i didnt installed the visual studio cuz i cant :d

i use windows xp sp3

Unhandled Exception

Dec 14, 2010
Hi,anyone can help me?
I'm trying to unlock my Htc 7 Mozart but everytime when I click "unlock" the application crash with the exception "System.UnauthorizedAccess". :mad:
I've uncheck the "readonly" proprieties of "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" file but i've still the same problem.
I have a Pc with Win 7 64bit

s15spcr

May 31, 2007
I've been getting the same error message everyone has been getting and i tried downloading the .net 4 framework and that solved the problem :p

ok I still cant connect to the phone but i think it has to do with where i am storing the certificate... when I goto install it asks what certifcate store i want to store the cert in??? Im on Windows 7 32bit... not sure where i should be storing this certifciate though... any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

sushovande

Nov 11, 2010
ok I still cant connect to the phone but i think it has to do with where i am storing the certificate... when I goto install it asks what certifcate store i want to store the cert in??? Im on Windows 7 32bit... not sure where i should be storing this certifciate though... any ideas??

Thanks in advance!
The cert needs to be installed on the phone, not on your computer. Email the cert to yourself, and then open that email from the phone. click on the cert attachment on the phone to install it.

Unhandled Exception

Dec 14, 2010
I've been getting the same error message everyone has been getting and i tried downloading the .net 4 framework and that solved the problem :p
Thank you for the answer.
I've install .net framework 4 but the unlocker still doesn't work, there are other method to unlock my Htc or other solution for my problem?

P.S. I've the same problem in Windows XP SP3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As people may know, Chevron have removed their unlocker download for WP7 :( so I thought I'd archive it and make it available for everyone here still:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JY0ZFVKD

EDIT: Thanks to Cendaryn we also have the required security certificate :) - the easiest way (thanks to Talys) to install the cert and unlock your WP7 is to do as follows:

1. Unzip file, and attach chevronwp7.cer (see below for file) to an e-mail to yourself
    2. Open email in WP7
    3. Tap attachment once, turns it into a shield, tap it again, goes to install certificate screen with white letters on black screen
    4. Click install at the bottom

5. Make sure registry is modified:

Code:
     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\ProxyPorts]“DeviceReg”=dword:000069C5
    I think the WP7 developer tools from MS does this, but you can add it in manually (it's a 32bit DWORD)

6. Plug in phone and leave Zune running
    7. Run chevronwp7.exe, click both checkboxes
    8. Click unlock

Excellent video tutorial here thanks to Jaxbot

[Edit 8th Dec 2010]

Worried that Microsoft has relocked your phone? They haven't, look here

[Edit 20th January 2011]

Want to keep your unlocked HTC from re-locking every sync? See here

Hope this helps someone.
    Possible solution to Chevron problems.

Hello to all!

I think, I've finally found the reason why Chevron almost never works. After a few days of struggle, I managed to successfully unlock my HD2 three times in a row, all by the same trick.
    The idea is to change the IP which Chevron emulates DURING the process of jailbreak. Here's step-by-step.

1 - Disable LAN card in your PC (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections\ right click on "Local Area Connection" and choose "disable"). It is very important to disable ALL connections, but you MUST remember which one is used for Internet access (see below, why).

2 - Do all the standard steps of unlock - install certificate, start WPConnect e.t.s. When Chevron fails to unlock - LEAVE IT OPEN.

3. Start Notepad and open hosts. Delete lines added by Chevron (at the bottom). Save. LEAVE NOTEPAD OPEN.

4. Press Win+R and enter IPConfig /flushdns , press "enter". CMD window will blink for a second - that's normal.

5. Press Win+R again (there will be IPConfig /flushdns typed already), but DO NOT PRESS "ENTER", just leave this window open.

6. Now the trick. Start WPConnect. WHILE it connects, continue to repeatedly press "Unlock" button in Chevron, until the black CMD window of WPconnect disappears. Chevron will fail to do its job, but that's in fact is the very thing we need.

7. Now, do not touch Chevron window, just return to Network Connections and ENABLE yor LAN card.

8. Go to Notepad and JUST CLICK "Save", do not alter anything inside.

9. Return to the window with the typed command IPConfig /flushdns . Press Enter.

10. Start WPConnect, WAIT until it disappears, and press "Unlock" button in Chevron. You're done - this time unlock would work.

At least, it worked for me 3 times in a row, while NO other ways worked.

Best regards - Draco.

P.S. If you have firewall - disable it before doing anything.

P.P.S. Win7 from NAND + MDJ Desire HD 4.4 from SD = best phone in the world :)
    so who saved the .cert on his pc ?

aaahm.... I guess I have something for you :)
    Succeeded

Okay so here is *everything* I did to succeed in re-unlocking my Samsung Focus

1. Have Winphone developer tools installed
    2. Connect Phone via USB
    3. Wait till zune starts and sync completes
    4. Verify that zune is not in a guest relationship
    5. open a command prompt, type netstat -a to confirm that port 443 is not being used
    6. open an admin command prompt, navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ then type notepad hosts and delete any references to windowsphone developer services
    7. go to the settings on the phone and turn airplane mode on (so that the phone is forced to use internet via zune)
    8. While the phone is still on the settings page, run Chevron with admin privileges

And it worked!
    If you are having issues, you should also make sure that your machine isn't running anything that may be using port 443 (including IIS, Skype, etc)