China 8/256

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
So I can get the 7T with 8/256 imported on Honor buy or eglobal for about €500

This is €100 cheaper than oneplus official site which only sells 8/128 model

The only real downside is that they open the box and flash global rom.

Does anyone recommend buying like this and what are your experiences ?

Im just not really comfortable with them opening the box and handling the phone but I suppose everything should really be ok

android2819

Jun 21, 2017
So I can get the 7T with 8/256 imported on Honor buy or eglobal for about €500

This is €100 cheaper than oneplus official site which only sells 8/128 model

The only real downside is that they open the box and flash global rom.

Does anyone recommend buying like this and what are your experiences ?

Im just not really comfortable with them opening the box and handling the phone but I suppose everything should really be ok

You can always just request them to ship it sealed. To be sure, just email them before placing the order and ask if its possible to ship it sealed with CN ROM. If they say it is not possible, just order from another site, like wondamobile.

manus31

May 7, 2016
You can always just request them to ship it sealed. To be sure, just email them before placing the order and ask if its possible to ship it sealed with CN ROM. If they say it is not possible, just order from another site, like wondamobile.

Yea,I have done my research there and contacted support on both eglobal and Honor buy. They say they can't do it but Wonda mobile does(though I have heard of people requesting it sealed only to receive it open).
The downside with Wonda is their prices are a little higher and they charge 20 to 40 euro on delivery outside the UK

manus31

May 7, 2016
Even i'm thinking of getting one from aliexpress as it is cheaper.

Is there any hardware difference between chinese and global version?

Only changing from hydrogen os to oxygen os will suffice?

Yep, Oneplus is good like that,all same LTE bands and everything on the Chinese version so just simply install OxygenOS.

AliExpress though,while cheap takes a few weeks to be delivered.

If I could find a store willing to provide a sealed unit I would probably buy.

afaque_hassan

Nov 11, 2014
plus.google.com
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yep, Oneplus is good like that,all same LTE bands and everything on the Chinese version so just simply install OxygenOS.

AliExpress though,while cheap takes a few weeks to be delivered.

If I could find a store willing to provide a sealed unit I would probably buy.

there are some crazy offers lined up for 11.11 sale on Ali Express. The only thing keeping me back is lack of 3.5 . I would sorely miss it.

android2819

Jun 21, 2017
Yea,I have done my research there and contacted support on both eglobal and Honor buy. They say they can't do it but Wonda mobile does(though I have heard of people requesting it sealed only to receive it open).
The downside with Wonda is their prices are a little higher and they charge 20 to 40 euro on delivery outside the UK

I'm pretty sure that with Wondamobile(that's where i want to get one from), if you email/call them before placing the order and also notifying them again with order number just as you placed it, that they will ship it sealed. Nevertheless, if somehow your order gets shipped unsealed, you have 14 days to return your order, bearing a 30 pounds fee for ''change of mind'' aka don't want it.

Plus, what got me hooked on wonda even though its a bit pricier, there are no import tax fees, your order is sure to get delivered in about a week compared to ali and they do offer warranty 12 months, compared to ali.
I also did a bit of research on them and they seem very legit, their trustpilot is almost only 5 stars reviews, people seem very pleased with them.

True you do pay 20 pounds delivery outside UK, but from ali you pay both delivery fees by courier AND import tax which is a big no especially on the price of the phone. Unless, you find a store that is guaranteed no import tax and transport price is low enough, there is still the warranty question at hand.

Anyhow, i'm not affiliated with them in any way and i'm not trying to influence your decision. I haven't ordered mine yet, still looking around for best place to get it from at a low enough price but also a safe product.

Have a good day!

manus31

May 7, 2016
I'm pretty sure that with Wondamobile(that's where i want to get one from), if you email/call them before placing the order and also notifying them again with order number just as you placed it, that they will ship it sealed. Nevertheless, if somehow your order gets shipped unsealed, you have 14 days to return your order, bearing a 30 pounds fee for ''change of mind'' aka don't want it.

Plus, what got me hooked on wonda even though its a bit pricier, there are no import tax fees, your order is sure to get delivered in about a week compared to ali and they do offer warranty 12 months, compared to ali.
I also did a bit of research on them and they seem very legit, their trustpilot is almost only 5 stars reviews, people seem very pleased with them.

True you do pay 20 pounds delivery outside UK, but from ali you pay both delivery fees by courier AND import tax which is a big no especially on the price of the phone. Unless, you find a store that is guaranteed no import tax and transport price is low enough, there is still the warranty question at hand.

Anyhow, i'm not affiliated with them in any way and i'm not trying to influence your decision. I haven't ordered mine yet, still looking around for best place to get it from at a low enough price but also a safe product.

Have a good day!
Absolutely,I've been in touch with Wonda previously inquiring about previous phones and they did say to ask them to send the phone sealed. The only problem is that their prices are just a little too high for it to be really worth it. For instance the 7T is about €500 + the €25 delivery,it is still a nice saving but not really appealing.Certainly a very good option though but eglobal and Honor buy are cheaper with also no custom charges but they don't give Chinese phones sealed

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
JD.com has the China version 8/256gb (BRAND NEW) for less than $460 shipping included. I compared the China version and knew some T-Mobile LTE bands are not listed.

Hemant

Nov 29, 2004
JD.com has the China version 8/256gb (BRAND NEW) for less than $460 shipping included. I compared the China version and knew some T-Mobile LTE bands are not listed.

From Oneplus HK website specs for bands.

Bands (CN & IN)

FDD-LTE:B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,18,19,20,26,28,29
TDD-LTE:B34,38,39,40,41
TDS:B34,B39
UMTS:B1,2,4,5,8,9,19
CDMA:BC0,BC1
GSM:B2,3,5,8
Bands (NA)

FDD-LTE:B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29,30,46,66,71
TDD-LTE:B34,38,39,41,48
CDMA:BC0,BC1,BC10
Bands (EU)

FDD-LTE:B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29,32,66
TDD-LTE:B34,38,39,40,41
CDMA:BC0,BC1

Josephandlor

Nov 6, 2019
CN 8/256 on Verizon USA

I ordered an 8/256 "International" model from geartbest. They don't list a model #, but I'm almost certain it is the hd1900 or cn version. I plan to use it on Verizon in the US. Is anyone aware of potential issues I'll run into? Apparently Verizon is using some band 66 now, and that frequency isn't listed for the cn model. I'm very curious to know if the EU or international ROM they load enables band 66?

Tumpster

Mar 1, 2011
San Diego

That's the only thing that stopped me, I'm on T-Mobile and I know if I am going to keep the phone long term, I want the most bands possible. I would love the double storage but I'm only using 50gb right now on my current phone so 256gb is a bit overkill if I'm giving up Band 66 & 71.

tranemonk

Nov 29, 2014
Does anyone on this board actually have the 256gb version on T-mobile in the US? How's it performing. I saw a number of sellers have it on Ebay presumably in sealed boxes.

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone on this board actually have the 256gb version on T-mobile in the US? How's it performing. I saw a number of sellers have it on Ebay presumably in sealed boxes.

Most from eBay are not the U.S. version, which do not support T-Mobile' LTE band 66 and 71.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

That's the only thing that stopped me, I'm on T-Mobile and I know if I am going to keep the phone long term, I want the most bands possible. I would love the double storage but I'm only using 50gb right now on my current phone so 256gb is a bit overkill if I'm giving up Band 66 & 71.

Yeah, I am using Hwawei Mate 20 X(China version) with T-Mobile. At the time I didn't know it doesn't support band 66 and 71, so I got it because the ChIna version was like $150 cheaper than the non-China version.

Without band 66 and 71, I didn't experience obvious difference of reception but I know sometimes the internet speed is very slow. I am guessing that's why.

tranemonk

Nov 29, 2014
Thanks. I've been running LTE discovery app on my 7 pro and the bands my phone constantly uses are 2, 4 and 12. I was assuming that even though the 256gb was missing 66 and 71 that it wouldn't be much of a problem (since it was 2, 4 and 12(). Am I wrong?

Most from eBay are not the U.S. version, which do not support T-Mobile' LTE band 66 and 71.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Yeah, I am using Hwawei Mate 20 X(China version) with T-Mobile. At the time I didn't know it doesn't support band 66 and 71, so I got it because the ChIna version was like $150 cheaper than the non-China version.

Without band 66 and 71, I didn't experience obvious difference of reception but I know sometimes the internet speed is very slow. I am guessing that's why.

Tumpster

Mar 1, 2011
San Diego
Thanks. I've been running LTE discovery app on my 7 pro and the bands my phone constantly uses are 2, 4 and 12. I was assuming that even though the 256gb was missing 66 and 71 that it wouldn't be much of a problem (since it was 2, 4 and 12(). Am I wrong?

You're not wrong for that line of thinking it's more of where Band 66 and 71 go in the future. If you keep your phone long term it would be good to have all available bands. Just saw T-Mobile is rolling out 5G on it's 600mhz band 71. Now, the 7T can't get 5G but just an example of you never quite know what they are going to do with the bands. Pending how much you travel it would be good to have all bands available that your carrier operates on. If you switch phones often then this a moot point and you should go for the 256GB version, but as I said this is what kept me from picking one up and ultimately getting the NA version.

tranemonk

Nov 29, 2014
Thanks. I'm going to give the 256gb a try since these international prices are ridiculously good. Hopefully it will be fine. Thanks again.

You're not wrong for that line of thinking it's more of where Band 66 and 71 go in the future. If you keep your phone long term it would be good to have all available bands. Just saw T-Mobile is rolling out 5G on it's 600mhz band 71. Now, the 7T can't get 5G but just an example of you never quite know what they are going to do with the bands. Pending how much you travel it would be good to have all bands available that your carrier operates on. If you switch phones often then this a moot point and you should go for the 256GB version, but as I said this is what kept me from picking one up and ultimately getting the NA version.

morback

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks. I'm going to give the 256gb a try since these international prices are ridiculously good. Hopefully it will be fine. Thanks again.

Hi

I'm not making any promotion for them but I ordered yesterday the 256GB version for about 445€ from Gearbest. This was with a coupon, but now the price is event more interesting without : 490$

If you have a way to pay in $ without being charged by your bank (online free bank accounts allow that) it's about 441€.

Again, not trying to sell anything, I just think price is really good.
https://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009341308364.html?lkid=10102456&vip=

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered mine on AliExpress on October 18th (Fantacy). I just received a notification saying that the package arrived in my country... Fingers crossed I will get it next week. That means more than a month between purchasing and actually having my hands on the phone. Ordered another one from Gearbest on November 7th, still not dispatched ...

Looks like it takes some time regardless of the seller or website.

The seller (AliExpress Venter Store) does have an automatic reply saying:

"For Shipment, as you can see, we have more than 5000 orders need to deal with one by one after Festival. Dont worry, we will try our best to arrange shipment soon for you (7~15 working days for 7T & 7T Pro order, 5~10 working days for 7 & 7 Pro order). Please kindly understand there might be a little delay due to promotion. Wish you would be patient to wait. If there is any problem with your order, we will contact you."