China vs Global ROMS

Search This thread

Makø

• Apr 22, 2021
    Hello. Im planning to upgrade my phone to a 'gaming phone'. Which as follows:

Red Magic 6, Lenovo Legion Duel 2, Xiaomi mi 11 Pro, Asus ROG 5, Black shark 4 pro?

The main problem is with software updates. From what I can find online, about 3 of the 5 phones listed, have really bad support. Pretty sure some older models are still stuck on android 9 and 10 on the global versions. While on the CN version, they are regularly updated.

So I was wondering if I could use the CN ROM instead, if support for the global ROM dont exist. If anyone with experience could share the pros and cons or insights, it would greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I sound really noob, because when it comes to mods and stuff, I have no experience at all. I would have gone the easier route with samsung, but these phones have specs that I am interested in trying out. Just that it would suck if I missed out on future android updates, like android 12 or something.

Thanks yall.

Last edited:

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
    Moto G7
    Hello. Im planning to upgrade my phone to a 'gaming phone'. Which as follows:

Red Magic 6, Lenovo Legion Duel 2, Xiaomi mi 11 Pro, Asus ROG 5, Black shark 4 pro?

The main problem is with software updates. From what I can find online, about 3 of the 5 phones listed, have really bad support. Pretty sure some older models are still stuck on android 9 and 10 on the global versions. While on the CN version, they are regularly updated.

So I was wondering if I could use the CN ROM instead, if support for the global ROM dont exist. If anyone with experience could share the pros and cons or insights, it would greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I sound really noob, because when it comes to mods and stuff, I have no experience at all. I would have gone the easier route with samsung, but these phones have specs that I am interested in trying out. Just that it would suck if I missed out on future android updates, like android 12 or something.

Thanks yall.
    I think global roms are better than China roms here's why
    First reason why global roms has google apps pre-installed
    While china roms only have google apps installed on older china roms devices the newer phones with china rom does not have google apps pre-installed u could try flashing a custom rom to get google Apps pre-installed but I don't know exactly if it's gonna work
    Second reason why global rom Is better is the bugs
    On china rom their more bugs than global rom
    Third reason why it's better is how it feels global roms feels better than China roms because global rom feels faster than China rom

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone