How To Guide [Chinese and Global Version] Unlock bootloader, updated

Search This thread

GIutton

If you're using the OTA package I posted in my guide, it's only for the EU model. You can use the IN rollback package, but you don't need to be on A.14 to unlock the bootloader anyway.
Right, I tried both the EU and IN rollback and kept getting "verification failed, not compatible with your system" but just "verification failed" when trying the Android 13 beta package. But like u said it shouldn't matter since I was only trying to rollback because I thought maybe A.17 was the reason why it no longer communicated with the PC in fastboot mode but it wasn't. Was just a driver that needed to be updated.

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Right, I tried both the EU and IN rollback and kept getting "verification failed, not compatible with your system" but just "verification failed" when trying the Android 13 beta package. But like u said it shouldn't matter since I was only trying to rollback because I thought maybe A.17 was the reason why it no longer communicated with the PC in fastboot mode but it wasn't. Was just a driver that needed to be updated.
Maybe you don't have the Global model. There are also Russian and Turkish models as far as I know, maybe others too.

empty.cad

Jun 9, 2014
Xiaomi 13
Red Magic 8 pro
does anyone have the ota.zip file for the rmx3300 ? . I have tried several ways to get logcat adb but there is no path to download . Waiting for ota update to take 4-5 hours, realme's server is too slow .
Need to full update higher than A18

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009
I will upload A.16 Global MEA super.img (non-GDPR)
Available here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y5mZtZchLytYqDqs0sOYTqCmaZeURrJ5?usp=sharing
You would need to downgrade from A.17 to A.16. All other flash files apart from super.img are same
It is unclear what exactly are the differences between the regions. It could be just the preloaded apps.
as I am on A17, can I just reboot to the bootloader and fastboot flash all the *.img files from the A16 global rom and use your attached super.img instead of the original?

Quake94

Jan 24, 2009
Yes, the only difference is the super.img file. So if you already have a.16 files, you can flash the MEA region super.img I generated.

You could also generate region super manually, by extracting the .ofp file and merging super.img from correct region files using simg2img. It's just a bit painful. There is a github .ofp flash tool that does all of that.

I generated the MEA region since I was posting the A.16 ROM files for my flash guide, and had the extracted ROM files already on hand.

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009
Yes, the only difference is the super.img file. So if you already have a.16 files, you can flash the MEA region super.img I generated.

You could also generate region super manually, by extracting the .ofp file and merging super.img from correct region files using simg2img. It's just a bit painful. There is a github .ofp flash tool that does all of that.

I generated the MEA region since I was posting the A.16 ROM files for my flash guide, and had the extracted ROM files already on hand.
That didn't work for me when flashing the new MEA Super.img with the rest of the *.img files, My device bootloops and I had to reflash the original super.img to recover it.

bjaia2010

Sep 12, 2015
bootloader unlocked successfully GT2 PRO

Attachments

• unlock.jpg
    unlock.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: tin_kevin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, etc!

I have not tested the global unlock, Global version unlock thread.

Make sure you make backups before unlocking the bootloader, as this operation will wipe all user data and apps.
    Make sure your system version is the official and latest one.

Requirements

- 60% charge on the phone
    - PC and usb data cable
    - Installed fastboot and proper drivers on your PC

1. Install Deep Testing Apk attached in this post.
    2. Click on the Apply Now button in order to get approval for bootloader unlock.
    3. Check the status after apply using the Query Approval Status.
    4. If you get an error, force stop the application, change your device language to Chinese and try again (if someone can post screenshot of what to tap, I would update this post)
    5. Once the approval is done, tap Start Testing button, this will reboot your device in the bootloader.
    6. Last chance, make backups at this point otherwise your data is gone.
    7. Run command
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    8. Done, you can now reboot into system normally

If I missed anything, kindly comment and I'll update OP.
    Updated OP with global version boutloader unlock/deep testing tool apk.
    OK I have this working. I believe I will now need to relock the bootloader
    Don't relock the bootloader using the ADB lock command. This will brick your device!
    Nope upgrading to A20 doesn't work either. Always get failed to submit in either english or chinese.
    Same problem. It work for me trying all Chinese languages (simple and another two). It seems stuck for like 30 minutes, then idk why I've exit and re enter the app and it worked.
    bootloader unlocked successfully GT2 PRO