Chinese Android Headunit HVAC Issues - Acura TSX

Search This thread

j.goose

Jun 2, 2019
So I purchased a Chinese headunit from AliExpress. It is a direct fit plug and play replacement that goes in place of the radio and also replaces the HVAC controls.

Ever since the install the HVAC controls have not been acting properly. I was wondering if maybe someone here would know a solution. I'm not all too familiar with these units but maybe there's a software solution with an upgrade or change. Basically when first installed it will blow out cold air when set to Low (or cold.) But when I put the temperature up to hot and back to cold the system does not want to switch back to cold. No matter what I do from that point it will not switch back to cold.

I've read that this unit used for the 2004-2008 Acura TSX is actually just the same unit made for the Honda Accord 7 (2003-2007). So when going into Can Box (or Bus) settings the chosen CAN BUS is for Honda Accord.

I’ve tried resetting the unit to factory settings. I’ve tried different CAN BUS settings that are built in. Usually disconnecting the car battery for a bit and putting it back will allow for cold AC again. The seller from AliExpress sent me a new AC board which had to be installed by taking off the back of the unit and soldering a few wires on. It still does not function correctly after the new board. With the stock radio installed there is absolutely no issues with the HVAC controls.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or if anyone knows a solution. I really wish I could use the headunit especially that I spent almost $400 on it and now it’s useless. I haven’t tried updating the Android OS or CAN BUS or MCU. I’m not 100% sure where to find the correct one but I’ve heard it’s the same unit used for the Accord 7 by Joying.

Any help would be appreciated!

whitehall

Jun 27, 2010
I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem

Hi there. I actually have a similar problem. I have a 2007 Honda Accord Euro here in Australia, which is the same as the Acura TSX in the US.

The aircon controls were perfect on the stock climate control system but on this unit it's just a bit annoying. It seems to have fewer steps in the fan speed selections but the main problem is that the pop up controls keep coming back on the screen as if I've adjusted something. Every 2-3mins I need to back out of the air conditioning controls.

JoeBakero

Jul 2, 2020
I think that $400 for a chinese headunit from Aliexpress sounds too much. I was always thinking that it can cost around $150 but never $400. I think that with $400 I will change the whole A/C system in a small car and it is going to work perfectly a lot of years. So think about it. I think you need to check this page, usually here are a lot of professionals that know everything about A/C systems and things related to it. Otherwise you need to go to local services and pay them to install everything normally.

Last edited:

Tony180793

Jul 2, 2022
Did you ever find a solution to the AC screen poping up all the time, mine does it and it’s really annoying

Tony180793

Jul 2, 2022
Hi there. I actually have a similar problem. I have a 2007 Honda Accord Euro here in Australia, which is the same as the Acura TSX in the US.

The aircon controls were perfect on the stock climate control system but on this unit it's just a bit annoying. It seems to have fewer steps in the fan speed selections but the main problem is that the pop up controls keep coming back on the screen as if I've adjusted something. Every 2-3mins I need to back out of the air conditioning controls.
Did you ever fix the AC screen poping up all the time? Cheers

whitehall

Jun 27, 2010
Did you ever fix the AC screen poping up all the time? Cheers
Unfortunately not. At least not completely. I have a feeling it pops up because either of the temperature dials is slightly off notch. Ie, they're ****ty Chinese dials and probably only cost a couple of cents. Try adjusting the dials to be on the notch (you'll feel it) and see if it helps.

Tony180793

Jul 2, 2022
Unfortunately not. At least not completely. I have a feeling it pops up because either of the temperature dials is slightly off notch. Ie, they're ****ty Chinese dials and probably only cost a couple of cents. Try adjusting the dials to be on the notch (you'll feel it) and see if it helps.
Eyyy, that seemed to have worked, just wish there was a way to disable to screen coming up all together as it’s not needed

whitehall

Jun 27, 2010
Eyyy, that seemed to have worked, just wish there was a way to disable to screen coming up all together as it’s not needed
You can! But you have to disable the integration which connects the head unit to the AC controls altogether. Go into the setup menu with password 8888 and clear the setting (sorry, I can't remember what it's called right now). But it means you'll be adjusting temperature, fan, and modes blind.

Tony180793

Jul 2, 2022
You can! But you have to disable the integration which connects the head unit to the AC controls altogether. Go into the setup menu with password 8888 and clear the setting (sorry, I can't remember what it's called right now). But it means you'll be adjusting temperature, fan, and modes blind.
Oh really! That’s awesome, if you remember the name of the setting, hit me up, I would really appreciate it… I live in a cold climate and rarely use AC or the heating at all… Thanks for your help

whitehall

Jun 27, 2010
Oh really! That’s awesome, if you remember the name of the setting, hit me up, I would really appreciate it… I live in a cold climate and rarely use AC or the heating at all… Thanks for your help
Was just in the car and took note of the settings for you!

Open the Car Settings page (different to Android Settings)
Go to Factory Settings and enter the password of 8888 and click OK
Go to Protocol Settings, take note of what it's currently set to so you can revert (mine is Changyuantong - Honda - Accord 7)
Swipe all the way to the top of the left menu and choose NO CANBUS.
Back out of the settings pages and you won't have any integration between the head unit and the car's AC unit. You can still make adjustments to temperature, fan speed, etc, but you'll have no info on the display to show you what you're changing.