Question Chinese OnePlus 11 converted to International, impossible to update!

Search This thread

norkru

Mar 31, 2023
Hi, how are you?

I greet you from Argentina.

I wanted to tell you that I bought an OP11, and I received the Chinese version 😥.

The original version of the device is: PHB110

I flashed the ROM with Oxygen OS and now the model is: CPH2447 (India, but it works in Argentina).

The device itself works well, with some automatic brightness or screen unlock errors (nothing serious for now).

The problem I have is that I can't update the device:

My current OS version is CPH2447_11_A.08

And I have the version CPH2447_11_A.09 available.

## OTA update (device's own update):

It gives me an error:

failed to download, please try again

Screenshot_2023-03-31-11-33-56-40_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Local update:

If I download the update with the Oxygen Updater app and try to do a local update, I get this error:

the dm-verity is disabled. please check fastboot boot status

I have the bootloader unlocked and the OEM option enabled (without the possibility of disabling).

Screenshot_2023-03-31-11-30-33-88_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

So, how can I update?

I was thinking of relocking the bootloader, but I don't know if doing this will cause the device to turn on again, nor do I know if I will lose my files. I'm too lazy to set everything up again.

The command I would run is:

fastboot flashing relock

I clarify that the command fastboot flashing lock does nothing, it just returns the list of fastboot commands.

Would it solve my problems? I mean, lock the bootloader, allow disabling OEM, and allow updating?

PS: I also can't install apps like Netflix with the bootloader unlocked.

Reactions: kikoleboss

clydeng

Mar 31, 2023
Same situation with me, I suggest you shouldn't lock bootloader and OOS is still bad for using now

norkru

Mar 31, 2023
Command is fastboot flashing lock. Also don't relock Bootloader if you are rooted. Or you did any modifications.

Also for Netflix and banking apps, if you are rooted using Magisk, use USNF 2.4.2 displex mod.
Thank you, the command "fastboot flashing lock" does nothing, it just returns the list of fastboot commands, but when trying "fastboot flashing relock", it does wait for the device, so I understand that this one works.

The device is not rooted, it just has the bootloader unlocked (understanding that this is not root) with Magisk, USNF 2.4.2 displex mod. Are these the same tool or two different tools?

With that, could I install updates? Do you recommend it?

Can you explain how?

Thank you.

jinglei207

Jan 1, 2018
The short answer is it doesn't work.
I have tried to flash (unlocked) the new rom from settings, after reboot, it went into bootloop. After rebooting like 20 times, it successfully booted into system, but said that the update had failed. I don't think that it even matters whether your op is locked or not.

Anyway you can flash it using Enhanced Fastboot and then flash the opvk... img ( I don't remember the name of the image).

norkru

Mar 31, 2023
The short answer is it doesn't work.
I have tried to flash (unlocked) the new rom from settings, after reboot, it went into bootloop. After rebooting like 20 times, it successfully booted into system, but said that the update had failed. I don't think that it even matters whether your op is locked or not.

Anyway you can flash it using Enhanced Fastboot and then flash the opvk... img ( I don't remember the name of the image).
I understand, what a problem, because if the only way is by doing a flash, I have to reconfigure all the apps after each flash, it's quite cumbersome.

I don't know what to do, I'm still in the situation where I can return the device.

I bought the 16GB and 512GB version, but it's only available in China. I don't know if I should exchange it for a Pixel 7 Pro, the 256GB version of the OP11, or wait for a software solution that fixes the issue with the OP11.

jinglei207

Jan 1, 2018
I understand, what a problem, because if the only way is by doing a flash, I have to reconfigure all the apps after each flash, it's quite cumbersome.

I don't know what to do, I'm still in the situation where I can return the device.

I bought the 16GB and 512GB version, but it's only available in China. I don't know if I should exchange it for a Pixel 7 Pro, the 256GB version of the OP11, or wait for a software solution that fixes the issue with the OP11.
You can use enhanced Fastboot to flash the new rom, you don't need to wipe the data. Worked for me.

MrSteelX

Jan 24, 2013
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 11
Well if people would stop buying the Chinese version phone if not living in china. These problems would not happen. This is the 3rd or 4th thread about this problem now.

Reactions: cavist

norkru

Mar 31, 2023
Well if people would stop buying the Chinese version phone if not living in china. These problems would not happen. This is the 3rd or 4th thread about this problem now.
This type of comment doesn't add anything! You don't know the context of each person.

For example, in my case, my seller assured me that their importer was sending them the global version, so both my seller and I were expecting the global version.

MrSteelX

Jan 24, 2013
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 11
This type of comment doesn't add anything! You don't know the context of each person.

For example, in my case, my seller assured me that their importer was sending them the global version, so both my seller and I were expecting the global version.
You understand that buying from a third party could put you in this mess. There is no way to guarantee that you well get what you want by doing this. By addressing the problem here prevent future problems like updating.

Reactions: cavist

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
You understand that buying from a third party could put you in this mess. There is no way to guarantee that you well get what you want by doing this. By addressing the problem here prevent future problems like updating.
Yes, never use the fact that the global economy is global to your advantage. You are a little person and do not matter. Never by components made anywhere other than where you are, why not limit it to your city, block, house?

It is silly, kind of like saying why have a Pixel in China. Well, because it is available and I wanted to buy it. The fact that a company makes it harder does not mean I have a problem. They have a problem, serious problem in the case of Google simply blocking Chinese mbn files when they are actually on the devices.

My guess is Oppo/Oneplus will not openly address the issue. Fact of the matter is the Chinese version is on the global market and is their product. Their best option is to make OxygenOS compatible, but there might be some legal reasons not to do that. If you do buy the device make sure to know where the service centers are I guess. From what I have read the official centers help for free when issues come up.

jinglei207

Jan 1, 2018

cavist

Nov 19, 2010
Yes, never use the fact that the global economy is global to your advantage. You are a little person and do not matter. Never by components made anywhere other than where you are, why not limit it to your city, block, house?

It is silly, kind of like saying why have a Pixel in China. Well, because it is available and I wanted to buy it. The fact that a company makes it harder does not mean I have a problem. They have a problem, serious problem in the case of Google simply blocking Chinese mbn files when they are actually on the devices.

My guess is Oppo/Oneplus will not openly address the issue. Fact of the matter is the Chinese version is on the global market and is their product. Their best option is to make OxygenOS compatible, but there might be some legal reasons not to do that. If you do buy the device make sure to know where the service centers are I guess. From what I have read the official centers help for free when issues come up.

Silly is when people still can’t admit publicly that they know for years phone manufacturers were making region specific or region published only devices and they can or are different and nobody is promising they will work on the other side of the globe. Yet people are still rushing to buy it and import it and after that they again cry on the internet something does not work as intended.
Why buy an untested phone in the blind? I have no clue.
Everybody can literally wait 1 month after release to read the feedback here and know what to expect at the beginning of OP11 release.
But hey, Oneplus only made 10 devices for the whole world and I need to be one of the people who needs to has it, preferably from China, with different stock system, oh and I don’t want to pay higher price, including higher taxes specific for my region.

Alvaro G

Mar 9, 2023
The update logic is simple, download the full OOS OTA package according to your existing rom version, in your case is the indian one.

Flash the payload.bin to both slots and flash back the COS oplusstanvbk.img.

Tried many times from A.06 to A.08 to A.09, everytime works.

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Yet people are still rushing to buy it and import it and after that they again cry on the internet something does not work as intended.
You do know what this forum is for, right? I guess what it used to be for. For whatever reason I bought the Chinese one in China and still want to mess with it.

cavist

Nov 19, 2010
You do know what this forum is for, right? I guess what it used to be for. For whatever reason I bought the Chinese one in China and still want to mess with it.
Do whatever you want with you phone, I don't care.

I am simply amazed that some people will still import it from China and create again new topic that the calling was blocked or the Chinese seller flashed whatever software and they can't update anymore when literally it is known information since weeks and some would still blindly jump in rather than avoid it.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi

Don't buy Pixel 7 pro before you investigate if it works in youre telephone company, if it works well in youre city/country!

norkru

Mar 31, 2023
The update logic is simple, download the full OOS OTA package according to your existing rom version, in your case is the indian one.

Flash the payload.bin to both slots and flash back the COS oplusstanvbk.img.

Tried many times from A.06 to A.08 to A.09, everytime works.
I understand, he was able to do it. And has he had any problems with limitations? I mean those errors that show up because it's a Chinese version and there's an alert of limitations because it's outside the region.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, how are you?

I greet you from Argentina.

I wanted to tell you that I bought an OP11, and I received the Chinese version 😥.

The original version of the device is: PHB110

I flashed the ROM with Oxygen OS and now the model is: CPH2447 (India, but it works in Argentina).

The device itself works well, with some automatic brightness or screen unlock errors (nothing serious for now).

The problem I have is that I can't update the device:

My current OS version is CPH2447_11_A.08

And I have the version CPH2447_11_A.09 available.

## OTA update (device's own update):

It gives me an error:

failed to download, please try again

Screenshot_2023-03-31-11-33-56-40_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Local update:

If I download the update with the Oxygen Updater app and try to do a local update, I get this error:

the dm-verity is disabled. please check fastboot boot status

I have the bootloader unlocked and the OEM option enabled (without the possibility of disabling).

Screenshot_2023-03-31-11-30-33-88_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

So, how can I update?

I was thinking of relocking the bootloader, but I don't know if doing this will cause the device to turn on again, nor do I know if I will lose my files. I'm too lazy to set everything up again.

The command I would run is:

fastboot flashing relock

I clarify that the command fastboot flashing lock does nothing, it just returns the list of fastboot commands.

Would it solve my problems? I mean, lock the bootloader, allow disabling OEM, and allow updating?

PS: I also can't install apps like Netflix with the bootloader unlocked.