Chinese screen after botched update. HELP!!!

Search This thread

Stonington

Oct 24, 2015
I tried updating my PX5 (3188/32rom/2gbram) FUSE rom to a later version and now when the headunit reboots I get a black screen. If I insert the SD card I get a chinese screen with GPS. Backup camera still works. Also, can't boot into recovery. Is my unit bricked? Pic attached.

Attachments

• 20210414_123655.jpg
    20210414_123655.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 46

Stonington

Oct 24, 2015
Is it an MTCD/E. What recovery options have you considered from the forums if MTCD/E
I had a recovery option (v8.0.5) but when the update botched I can't boot into recovery. MTCD unit. Haven't messed around with roms, recovery, etc since 2016 so forgive me for being rusty.

Last edited:

Stonington

Oct 24, 2015
Yeah I figured that much out and when I do and th e unit boots up to a black screen and I get a message flash in the bottom left hand corner of head unit but can't read it as it isn't up for long. I left it be the other night, got in my truck the next morning and recovery was up but couldn't get it to recognize update.img from sd card. Now I can't get it back into recovery. Can anybody hep?

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Yeah I figured that much out and when I do and th e unit boots up to a black screen and I get a message flash in the bottom left hand corner of head unit but can't read it as it isn't up for long. I left it be the other night, got in my truck the next morning and recovery was up but couldn't get it to recognize update.img from sd card. Now I can't get it back into recovery. Can anybody hep?

Take a look at my OTG thread. I've had 100% success via this method.

For users that aren't comfortable with this OTG method, I have received SOMs from around the world - all I ask for is return freight.

Some options.

Reactions: sandpita

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      You have to pull out the sd card.

Take a look at my OTG thread. I've had 100% success via this method.

For users that aren't comfortable with this OTG method, I have received SOMs from around the world - all I ask for is return freight.

Some options.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone