How To Guide [Chinese Version] Install RMX3301 Global stock firmware from Chinese

Search This thread

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009
Hi, I got the phone and unlocked the bootloader. Currently debating on going root with Magisk or just flash global stock...
Do you know what are the benefits of locking bootloader?
If I flash Global and lock afterwards without Magisk rooting, will this keep widevine at l1 + have the banking apps work OK etc.?
Do you have windvine L1 on your Chinese rom? mine is at L3! If so how did you set it to L1?

Quake94

Jan 24, 2009
EDIT: Uploaded A.16 Global ROM.
EDIT2 (August 2022): Revised guide, cleaned up and added a note about updating rooted ROM

For anyone struggling, here is what I did to flash 3300 to 3301 Global & root w/safety net.
Credits to @myogui, @hacls and Shato from 4pda.to forum

If you unlock bootloader the Widevine will be L3. Netflix will not stream in HD.
As of now, there is no official method to restore L1
Locking bootloader does not fix it.
Root or stock does not fix it.
OTA update does not fix it.
To check Widevine level, you can use app DRMInfo

If for any reason you want to lock the bootloader, locking only works on stock non-root ROM.
Locking bootloader prevent you from 1. Rooting 2. Accessing bootloader mode to fastboot flash stock ROM if something goes wrong

Prerequisites:

A.16 Global ROM files are available here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y5mZtZchLytYqDqs0sOYTqCmaZeURrJ5?usp=sharing
NOTE: super.img was compressed to 7zip archive to reduce size from 10GB to 5GB, extract it to the same directory as other files using 7-Zip file archiver.

Download platform-tools for fastboot:
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
Download deep testing apk
https://c.realme.com/in/post-details/1526491339024314368

For rooting:
Download Universal Safety Net Fix:
https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
Download Shamiko module:
https://github.com/LSPosed/LSPosed.github.io/releases

1. Put the Global ROM files in the same folder as the platform-tools where your fastboot is. Sometimes the super.img gets renamed to super-001.img, so change name back to super.img

2. Connect phone in fastboot. If drivers are not installed or working, fix it via Windows Update -> Check Updates -> Optional Updates -> Drivers -> Google + FTDI

3. Install and run the deep testing apk, and after it's approved let it go into bootloader mode.

4. Connect phone to PC. If fastboot shows "waiting for devices", exit, go into Windows Update and check for updates. Then go to Optional Updates and select & install Android Google driver. (Windows 10-11)

5. Complete the unlocking of bootloader with fastboot flashing unlock as per the Realme guide

6. Follow flashing steps as below credit @hacls
NOTES:
- You can also run fastboot getvar current-slot to check which partition is active before running fastboot --set-active=a
- You can flash stock nonroot boot.img first and root later with 1 command.
- When flashing super.img, error message will display "Invalid sparse file format in header", it will look frozen but this is OK, leave it running.
- I highly recommend backing up all the partitions of the phone at this step, including persist.img, and keeping the files secure!
fastboot getvar current-slot
fastboot --set-active=a
FOR STOCK NON-ROOT:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

FOR ROOT:
fastboot flash boot bootA16magisk.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash engineering_cdt engineering_cdt.img
fastboot flash metadata metadata.img
fastboot flash oplusreserve2 oplusreserve2.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash splash splash.img
fastboot flash super super.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

7. Locking bootloader:
If you don't care about root and don't plan to root in future, follow @sanya_rnd guide:
NOTE: CAREFUL - High risk of hard brick if the data was not wiped in step 4. All partitions must be stock, no root.
For anyone who wants to lock a bootloader and avoid a "bootloop".
  1. Follow the instruction and migrate your phone to a global ROM, use rootless boot image
  2. DO NOT LOCK BOOTLOADER
    1. On the second screen you should have an iconless "Test" app
  3. Update to A.17 version (5+GB update)
    1. On the second screen an iconless app is still present
  4. Do factory reset
  5. On the second screen an iconless "Test" app should be missing
  6. Download deeptest APK and press "Exit program". The output will be
Run the bootloader lock command in fastboot mode. After the bootloader is locked, you can exit deep testing.
Proceed with

adb reboot bootloader
and

fastboot flashing lock

8. Rooting with Magisk (only for unlocked bootloader):

NOTE: You will have to disable automatic system updates to keep the root if Realme releases newer ROM.
NOTE2: If you flashed stock boot.img and want to root, go back into bootloader and fastboot flash a patched boot.img, as per step 8a
NOTE3: If you flashed a patched boot.img (bootA16magisk.img), then your phone has the root already. Proceed from step 8d

8a. Reboot back to bootloader (if you have ADB debugging enabled in Developer Options, run adb reboot bootloader, otherwise you can do the Power + volume down method)
Download appropriate patched boot.img. Boot.img must match the current ROM version
bootA16magisk.img for A.16
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pyz7VFkiPjnkzizWfSJjOe836yinQR1w/view?usp=sharing

8b. Run fastboot getvar current-slot .
Replace the "bootXXXmagisk" with a correct filename for patched magisk file
-
If it shows boot B partition, run fastboot flash boot_b bootXXXmagisk.img
-
If it shows boot A partition, run fastboot flash boot_a bootXXXmagisk.img

8c: Reboot device with fastboot reboot

8d: Complete Magisk app install
Install Magisk modules (you have to copy .zip files):
SafetyNetFix : https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
Shamiko : https://github.com/LSPosed/LSPosed.github.io/releases

8e: Activate Zygisk in Magisk
8f: Go to configure DenyList and add in any apps you want to hide Magisk from like banking apps.
However - Don't enable the "Activate DenyList" option! This is required by Shamiko hide Magisk module
Just adjust the DenyList.

8g: Restart phone and enjoy root
Safety Net passes with BASIC evaluation type

9: Updating to newest version while rooted:
https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-upgr...t-update-gt2-pro-global.4469997/post-87167631

Additional notes:

Magisk updates can be installed with "Direct Install (recommended)"

Manual extracting of boot.img and other files from original ROM OFP file:
Flash files can be extracted using Oppo Decrypt from:
https://github.com/bkerler/oppo_decrypt
I advise against using MCT OFP Extractor Tool as it contains a ransomware Trojan:Win32/Trickbot!ml

Last edited:
Reactions: dejop and zorbakun

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
Ok so for anyone struggling, here is what I did to flash 3300 to 3301 Global & root A.16 w/safety net. I hope myogui can update original post because many of us are puzzling pieces of information from different sources. Credits to @myogui, @hacls and Shato from 4pda.to forum

If you unlocked bootloader Widevine will be L3. Some had luck contacting Realme support to fix it. I do not know if locking bootloader sets it back to L1. I think it also does not matter if you are root or nonroot, you will go down to L3 either way.

1. Install USB fastboot drivers.
2. Run the deep testing apk, and after it's approved let it go into bootloader mode.
3. Connect phone to PC. If fastboot shows "waiting for devices", exit, go into Windows Update and check for updates. Then go to Optional Updates and select & install Android Google driver. (Windows 10-11)
4. Complete the unlocking of bootloader with fastboot flashing unlock

5. Download the Global rom from @myogui post and put in the same folder as the platform-tools where your fastboot is. Sometimes the super.img gets renamed to super-001.img, so change name back to super.img
6. Follow flashing like below credit @hacls. You can also run fastboot getvar current-slot to check which partition is active before running fastboot --set-active=a
If you are flashing non-root, flash "boot.img" ; otherwise flash "boot-magisk.img"
When flashing super.img, error message will display "Invalid sparse file format in header", this is OK, leave it running.

After flashing ROM, do not relock bootloader unless you don't care about root. Once you lock it, some people say Realme deeptesting apk does not accept RMX3301 (Global), and then you may have to rely on workarounds to unlock it again if you plan to root it in the future.

Optional steps to update to A.16 and root:
7. After flashing global, run the update. Currently most up-to-date version is A.16.
This will overwrite boot.img, so if you flashed with root, Magisk will be gone - no worries.
You will have to disable system updates to keep the root if Realme releases newer ROM, or wait until someone extracts newer software and patches boot.img. (or you could extract and patch yourself)

8. If you want to root the A.16 and keep the Google Pay working:

Once OS is updated to A.16 Global, reboot back to bootloader (if you have ADB debugging enabled in Developer Options, run adb reboot bootloader, otherwise you can do the Power + volume down method)
Download bootA16magisk.img from the link below. This is patched boot.img for A.16 version
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eC3okohfoTVQJBJvnIHyFUvHvV1ZDi2O?usp=sharing

8.a Run fastboot getvar current-slot .
-
If it shows boot B partition, run fastboot flash boot_b bootA16magisk.img
-
If it shows boot A partition, run fastboot flash boot_a bootA16magisk.img

8.b Reboot device
8.c Complete Magisk app install
safetynet-fix-v2.2.1
Shamiko-v0.4.4-106-release
Both are in link above but you can download them elsewhere

8.d Activate Zygisk in Magisk
8.e Go to configure DenyList and add in any apps you want to hide Magisk from like banking apps.
However - Don't enable the "Activate DenyList" option! This is required by Shamiko hide Magisk module
8.f Restart phone and enjoy root

Damn, thanks for the comprehensive and collected guide. I was about to change to global rom but needing to flash Magisk everytime sucks. How do I even extract my own boot to patch Magisk there? Will we ever have TWRP too?

Quake94

Jan 24, 2009
Damn, thanks for the comprehensive and collected guide. I was about to change to global rom but needing to flash Magisk everytime sucks. How do I even extract my own boot to patch Magisk there? Will we ever have TWRP too?

You only need to reflash Magisk if you install update (disable automatic updates), and if you do not need root, you can keep it stock. IMHO Global ROM is a must. No bloatware, except for TikTok ;).

As for manually extracting boot.img and patching, you'd need to grab firmware file matching the version on your phone, then use MCT OFP extractor tool to extract boot.img from it. Then copy the boot.img to the phone storage (just copy, not flash) running the same firmware version, and use Magisk app on the phone to patch the boot.img file. Then copy patched boot.img to PC and flash it back via fastboot from PC. (to the correct partition, boot_a or boot_b)
There is a website with a collection of OFP firmwares here:
https://realmefirmware.com/realme-gt-2-pro-firmware/

Obviously bootloader has to be unlocked.

The good thing is that once someone patches boot.img, it can be shared...so you could also wait for some kind soul to post the newest version.

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
Ok so for anyone struggling, here is what I did to flash 3300 to 3301 Global & root A.16 w/safety net. I hope myogui can update original post because many of us are puzzling pieces of information from different sources. Credits to @myogui, @hacls and Shato from 4pda.to forum

If you unlocked bootloader Widevine will be L3. Some had luck contacting Realme support to fix it. I do not know if locking bootloader sets it back to L1. I think it also does not matter if you are root or nonroot, you will go down to L3 either way.

2. Run the deep testing apk, and after it's approved let it go into bootloader mode.
3. Connect phone to PC. If fastboot shows "waiting for devices", exit, go into Windows Update and check for updates. Then go to Optional Updates and select & install Android Google driver. (Windows 10-11)

5. Download the Global rom from @myogui post and put in the same folder as the platform-tools where your fastboot is. Sometimes the super.img gets renamed to super-001.img, so change name back to super.img
6. Follow flashing like below credit @hacls. You can also run fastboot getvar current-slot to check which partition is active before running fastboot --set-active=a
If you are flashing non-root, flash "boot.img" ; otherwise flash "boot-magisk.img"
When flashing super.img, error message will display "Invalid sparse file format in header", this is OK, leave it running.

After flashing ROM, do not relock bootloader unless you don't care about root. Once you lock it, some people say Realme deeptesting apk does not accept RMX3301 (Global), and then you may have to rely on workarounds to unlock it again if you plan to root it in the future.

7. After flashing global, run the update. Currently most up-to-date version is A.16.
This will overwrite boot.img, so if you flashed with root, Magisk will be gone - no worries.
You will have to disable system updates to keep the root if Realme releases newer ROM, or wait until someone extracts newer software and patches boot.img. (or you could extract and patch yourself)

8. If you want to root the A.16 and keep the Google Pay working:

Once OS is updated to A.16 Global, reboot back to bootloader (if you have ADB debugging enabled in Developer Options, run adb reboot bootloader, otherwise you can do the Power + volume down method)
Download bootA16magisk.img from the link below. This is patched boot.img for A.16 version
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eC3okohfoTVQJBJvnIHyFUvHvV1ZDi2O?usp=sharing

-
-

8.b Reboot device
safetynet-fix-v2.2.1

8.e Go to configure DenyList and add in any apps you want to hide Magisk from like banking apps.

Hi, there seems to be newer Shamiko and SafetyNetFix versions. Is that fine to use rather than the ones you have in the drive?

Quake94

Jan 24, 2009
Hi, there seems to be newer Shamiko and SafetyNetFix versions. Is that fine to use rather than the ones you have in the drive?
SafetyNetFix newer version should be OK. On 4pda.to forum, they tested specifically the Shamiko 0.4.4, so I can't say if the newer version is not working. Worst case you can flash older version.

So far tested with banking app and transit app. Google Pay adds the card OK but I have not tried paying yet.

EDIT: I updated the safetynetfix and shamiko, everything still looking good.

EDIT2: Confirmed Google Pay working

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: themagicalmage22

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
SafetyNetFix newer version should be OK. On 4pda.to forum, they tested specifically the Shamiko 0.4.4, so I can't say if the newer version is not working. Worst case you can flash older version.

So far tested with banking app and transit app. Google Pay adds the card OK but I have not tried paying yet.

Hi, I accidentally flashed the magiskA16 boot image without doing the "boot_a" thing. I've already tried flashing the boot.img from myogui's files to fix it but it's just bootlooping now regardless. What can I do to fix this?

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015

Can I get your stock A.16 boot.img? I've tried everything here by flashing different boot.img and it's still not working, so my only guess is I need the stock A.16 boot.img. It's just bootlooping endlessly right now.

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015

I've extracted the stock boot from the A.16 firmware and have flashed it in both a and b slots but it's still boot looping. What else can I do to fix this?

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009
I was barely using the phone, so I decide to do some tests... I flashed the phone many times, and I always have the bootloop problem... Tried to relock too, bricked many times... But one simple command solve it all...

"fastboot --set-active=a"

I recommend myogui to put in the tutorial, actually I recommend using this command before doing anything with fastboot... This basically select the current partition slot...

I flashed the phone like 4, 5 times, changing configs, USB slots... Always have the bootloop... After this command I flashed about 4 times with 100% success.. no bootloops....

After that I made some tests trying to relock the phone, bricked many times, every time I tried to relock the phone the image got corrupted..

Then I tried to relock with this command and guess what... The phone locked the bootloader without a problem... BUT keep in mind that I locked just one time... I didn't do more tests relocking, so be careful... Just try to relock if you know how to unbrick the phone...

Every test I made was with the RMX3301 (Global) ROM on my RMX3300 (Chinese) phone..

In short... Just do this commands in that order...

fastboot --set-active=a
fastboot -w

To relock go to bootloader and type in that order...

fastboot --set-active=a
fastboot flashing lock

Use the Platform-tools 33.0.1 or later since the older versions of ADB this command to set the slot is diferent.

Hope this help with bootloop and relocking problems.

Cheers
Hey Man, after relocking bootloader did you get widevine L1? Also did you attempt to lock bootloader after update to latest global version A.16 or the main version used to convert to Global from Chinese.

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009

8. If you want to root the A.16:

-
-

8.b Reboot device
safetynet-fix-v2.2.1

Thank you for the comprehensive Guide, can you share the stock boot.img for Global A.16?

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
Hey Man, after relocking bootloader did you get widevine L1? Also did you attempt to lock bootloader after update to latest global version A.16 or the main version used to convert to Global from Chinese.
I don't think there's a way to go back to Widevine L1. I have a rooted GT 2 Pro that passes Safetynet, Google Play certification, and other stuff but Widevine is still L3. I tried messaging our local Realme support for it and they told me to go to their store for it, but I don't really use Netflix so it doesn't affect me

dick_vigarista

Dec 9, 2017
Redmi K30 5G
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hi everyone, I just bought a Chinese version and read all the thread. But even after reading everything for me still conflicting messages.

Is it relatively safe to relock the device with the global rom? Some say yes some say it's not.

Does L1 go back to normal after relocking the device with global rom?

All I want is a stock global experience, no roots and locked bootloader (for safety reasons). Otherwise I might just stay on the china rom if it's usable.

Can anyone that had actually installed global rom and relocked bootloader clarify for us how it is?

Thank you

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
Hi everyone, I just bought a Chinese version and read all the thread. But even after reading everything for me still conflicting messages.

Is it relatively safe to relock the device with the global rom? Some say yes some say it's not.

Does L1 go back to normal after relocking the device with global rom?

All I want is a stock global experience, no roots and locked bootloader (for safety reasons). Otherwise I might just stay on the china rom if it's usable.

Can anyone that had actually installed global rom and relocked bootloader clarify for us how it is?

Thank you
1. Just don't relock. It's the safest method. Just use the Safetynet fix and manually certify your Google Play.
2. Nope, Widevine will stay as L3. You have to message Realme to make your phone go to Widevine L1.
3. Hmm just stay on China rom then use ADB to remove the Chinese bloatware then.

Reactions: JammerD

empty.cad

Jun 9, 2014
Xiaomi 13
Red Magic 8 pro
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, etc!

Warning: This procedure didn't work for some! Please test at your own risks!

Additional warning: do not relock your bootloader once your global rom is installed. You risk bricking your device.

1. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked
2. Download the images provided in the link below
3. Boot your device to recovery (hold volume up and power until reboot)
4. Wipe data
5. Boot your device to bootloader (hold volume down and power until reboot)
6. Connect your device to PC (make sure you have installed fastboot on your PC)
7. From windows command prompt cd into the folder containing the images
8. Install rooted or not boot image
Code:
OR
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img
9. Run the following commands to flash all other images

Code:

fastboot -w

When flashing super.img, if you get the message Invalid sparse file format at header magic, this is fine.

9. You should then be able to boot into system

RMX3301 Stock files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-0pNU8DMhzQJjdIMYM_khqA5ASGqWatg
Mirror: https://mega.nz/folder/kw8w1QYR#Uro0gLle8Yr5uRZrqoyByg
How to reinstall stock china rom ?
I can't use any banking apps

Reactions: zorbakun

Quake94

Jan 24, 2009
For global rooted, follow steps from 8.c in my post, banking apps will work

Stock nonroot should work OK, unless the banking apps check bootloader unlock, someone else has to confirm

China ROM is in the myogui Google drive, should be same process. If it is an OFP file you will need to extract it with a tool

NotSmartJimmy

May 19, 2022
Screenshot_2022-07-04-17-49-35-41_0ecf870e1d5390b9ac21ebc76f00749d.jpg

From stock Chinese to global - Bank apps, and Google pay not working. That's sucks because before i walk without wallet and pay everything with phone. If i root phone i won't get OTA updates.
I would like to lock bootloader but i'm scared of brick. Not many people have tested it.

Last edited:

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
You have to flash Safetynet and other stuff for it.
View attachment 5651875
From stock Chinese to global - Bank apps, and Google pay not working. That's sucks because before i walk without wallet and pay everything with phone. If i root phone i won't get OTA updates.
I would like to lock bootloader but i'm scared of brick. Not many people have tested it.
You will get OTA updates if you're rooted. I got A.16 on a rooted device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, etc!

Warning: This procedure didn't work for some! Please test at your own risks!

Additional warning: do not relock your bootloader once your global rom is installed. You risk bricking your device.

1. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked
    2. Download the images provided in the link below
    3. Boot your device to recovery (hold volume up and power until reboot)
    4. Wipe data
    5. Boot your device to bootloader (hold volume down and power until reboot)
    6. Connect your device to PC (make sure you have installed fastboot on your PC)
    7. From windows command prompt cd into the folder containing the images
    8. Install rooted or not boot image
    Code:
    OR
    Code:
    9. Run the following commands to flash all other images

Code:

fastboot -w

When flashing super.img, if you get the message Invalid sparse file format at header magic, this is fine.

9. You should then be able to boot into system

RMX3301 Stock files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-0pNU8DMhzQJjdIMYM_khqA5ASGqWatg
    Mirror: https://mega.nz/folder/kw8w1QYR#Uro0gLle8Yr5uRZrqoyByg
    if you're stuck in bootloop try making sure you have the latest version of sdk platform tools, 33.0.1 worked for me.

try running the commands in this order
    Code:

fastboot -w

then on your phone hit power button with start selected
    I extracted the A.17 boot.img and patched it with Magisk. For anyone needing it, here it is. Make sure to do:
    1. fastboot getvar current-slot
    2. If you get a, then do fastboot flash boot_a bootA17magisk.img; if it's b, then fastboot flash boot_b bootA17magisk.img
    Great post. What is the Widevine level after installing the global rom? Furthrmore, does SafetyNet pass and do OTA updates work?

Google pay works, safetynet passes with Magisk module (probably good if you unroot and relock the bootloader but then you'll be stuck until realme unlocks the RMX3301).

but level 3 widevine unfortunately. Also some apps do detect that bootloader is unlock even with safetynet module.
    Screenshot_2022-04-13-20-38-04-89_0ecf870e1d5390b9ac21ebc76f00749d.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-13-20-39-13-50_8cd65b3f3f44ba1cbfce60c9ecb7cf35.jpg