chinese version vs global version

Search This thread

hosin211

Dec 15, 2014
is there any difference between them ? I know there is a difference in the ROM

Last edited:

marcovth2

Oct 25, 2019
With the Chinese version ... even when you set the OS language to English, many of the menu items remain in Chinese.
If you install additional Text-to-Speech engines (voices), when you close a TTS app, the default voice will switch to a highly annoying Chinese voice trying to speak English.
I haven't found a way to turn off that TTS engine, it always goes back to the engine when you load a TTS app.
The Chinese version is full of Chinese bloatware that you can't get rid of.

The OS looks and feels very amateuristic, compared to OnePlus.

necsynx

Nov 18, 2019
With the Chinese version ... even when you set the OS language to English, many of the menu items remain in Chinese.
If you install additional Text-to-Speech engines (voices), when you close a TTS app, the default voice will switch to a highly annoying Chinese voice trying to speak English.
I haven't found a way to turn off that TTS engine, it always goes back to the engine when you load a TTS app.
The Chinese version is full of Chinese bloatware that you can't get rid of.

The OS looks and feels very amateuristic, compared to OnePlus.

You should buy EU/GLOBAL version will be better

Realme just a 1 year company. They expand too fast. And I think most chinese company will have same problem like Xiaomi, Oneplus. If you want more stable system you should buy Xiaomi or Oneplus, It will bring you more stable os I think. Just like 5-6 years ago, Xiaomi 2 has a poor system too.

jhha

Aug 7, 2009
Matara
What is the difference between chinese version and global version?
is it just software or hardware difference?
If it is only software difference can we flash a global/EU ROM??? :confused:

hosin211

Dec 15, 2014
What is the difference between chinese version and global version?
is it just software or hardware difference?
If it is only software difference can we flash a global/EU ROM??? :confused:

that's why i asked i live in iraq and the price of the chinese is 440$ while the global is 410$:rolleyes:

gretschpr

Apr 1, 2008
San Juan
Which version comes with US plug? I've seen unboxing videos and some come with UK plug and some with US plug. Can someone confirm? Thanks