Question Choosing Lens for your photo and video

Search This thread

acwcanada

Mar 19, 2016
Google Pixel 8
Google doesn't provide a professional setting of the P6P camera which allow us to pick our lens for photo and video. Anyone know if there is module existing for such kind of purpose? Also, I heard that an camera app "Filmic Firstlight" is capable for doing so in photos but not for video (they have a video app called "Filmic Pro"), anyone can share knowledge about it and how's the result?

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
I don't own a pro, but for me, I can find the zoom option among 0.7x, 1x, 2x while taking photos with pixel 6
I suppose choosing between different zoom ratios will enable different lenses.

Correct me if I were wrong.

acwcanada

Mar 19, 2016
Google Pixel 8
I don't own a pro, but for me, I can find the zoom option among 0.7x, 1x, 2x while taking photos with pixel 6
I suppose choosing between different zoom ratios will enable different lenses.

Correct me if I were wrong.
Yes, you are right but totally different kind photography concept. In portrait mode, Google camera limited you to always use the main camera with digital zoom, I am not able to use the telephoto lens which come with the P6P for my portrait shot. I always like to use my 105mm, 200mm or even 400mm prime lenses for portrait shots, they compressed the background, give me the creamy background and different look of them.