Choppy whatsapp videos

Search This thread

dutchman1993

Apr 12, 2012
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I got the same problem on my Oppo Find X5 pro , Is there any fix already?

Otherhand on facebook the quality is excellent no problems at all and really smooth.

They also need to add like samsungs Touch sensivity i miss that option on the oppo.

Hope there will be a update soon.

OnePlus2Oppo

Mar 26, 2022
Any update to this?

This really is horrible.

Nearly 4 months on and I've got a 1000 quid phone that sends choppy videos on WhatsApp and doesn't wake up the screen if anyone rings on WhatsApp.

Also notice when I open camera app. Sometimes it sticks and I have to kill and restart the camera.

Not acceptable.

Downloaded today's latest update and no discernible difference.

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
Unfortunately no, there are no good news.
Got the june update but still nothing.
I gave up on using whatsapp beta, and returned to normal one.
It sucks really bad.
I too am disappointed because of this, but in rest the phone is nice. By far it doesn't deserve the 1300 euros that was at launch!

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
I also got this reply on reddit

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-10-00-10-39-25_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-10-00-10-39-25_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 351

OnePlus2Oppo

Mar 26, 2022
Really feel let down with these issues. Seem like they could be fixed with software updates but doesn't seem forthcoming. Aside from this thread and the Reddit page you posted, can't find any information around this. Makes you wonder how many units were sold. Even the OnePlus 10 pro has much more traction

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
This means that this is an whatsapp issue if it's present on oppo, oneplus and also on realme...
And they don't give a...

RobTsintas

Aug 23, 2007
London
I have the same issue with my Oppo Find X5 Pro. See attached screenshot of my correspondence with WhatsApp support:

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_165106.jpg
    IMG_20220716_165106.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 185

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
Yep, whatsapp support doesn't give a damn. I've talkes to them too, but I think that is a robot and not a person.

marcodj

Dec 3, 2010
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I also have the problem with my Realme Gt 2 Pro that the videos sent stutter/stutter and then seem to be played with the wrong FPS and I sent the test videos directly to Whatsapp/Realme/Oppo Support and researched them.

But since there are these problems with several manufacturers, it seems to be due to the compatibility with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (see Oppo Find X5 Pro, Oneplus 10 Pro, Xiaomi, etc.)

I would ask those affected to write Whatsapp Support! That they solve the problem quickly.

"We currently have information that WhatsApp does not offer full compatibility with the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processors from Qualcomm. In this case, WhatsApp must make an adjustment to ensure smooth video playback."

Reactions: tomghento and kofe

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
Ffs, it's not even new any more... It's beem out for 6 months.
I did send whatsapp video samples, but they didn't help.

Lz3807775t

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
Sprint LG G3
OnePlus 8T
I didn't tried with the same file, but now my wife has the xiaomi and when she sends me videos through whatsapp, they are fine, they play normal. If I send her videos using whatsapp they look choppy, the video stutters and sometimes they look like they are filmed in slow motion, but the sound is normal.
Try editing the video before posting to see if that might make difference

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
I don't want and don't have time to edit every time I want to share a video.
It should work like on every other device except BBK ones...

OnePlus2Oppo

Mar 26, 2022
So interesting...

I just shot a video and sent via WhatsApp to a friend. it worked fine. Tried 3 diff scenarios:

1. I sent the video from Google photos.
2. I attached the video through WhatsApp.
3. I also shot a video using the camera through WhatsApp.

All 3 were fine. Normal.

However I also sent a video I shot a month ago which did have problems and again it came out choppy.

I checked the video settings on both..both were 1920x1080p

So I'm not sure whether videos shot during that time had a camera bug but now it seems to be fine.

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
I shot a video yesterday 1080p, on ultra wide, and shared it today and the result is still a choppy and jittery video.

OnePlus2Oppo

Mar 26, 2022
I should add I did receive a system update in the last week so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Maybe force an update if that helps

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest
Yes, I've read on reddit where another user said that the last update fixed the choppy videos.
But i didn't receive the last update. Will post again after I'll receive it. Thanks for the info.

OnePlus2Oppo

Mar 26, 2022
Please do. The update never referenced any fix for it but looked like it did the trick.

However as I said, I think it's more camera related as when I send a video which previously went over choppy, it still is choppy but anything shot recently is fine

Reactions: kofe

Ady1976

Apr 9, 2012
Manchester
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Everything is choppy on this device including the jittering scrolling, It is because of the variable refresh rate and Oppo can't be arsed adding fixed options like 60hz or 90hz or 120hz to save a little battery, This won't be fixed I've reported it for months.

dioggo92

Jun 21, 2011
Aveiro
Maybe the video files are too big and whatsapp can't handle the codec that well. Have you tried converting them before sending? Try YouCut, works well for me when I'm trying to send some video with x.265 codec on whatsapp, it only handles x264 well ifaik
I just open the video and then choose save in fullhd and 60fps, the file size will be smaller and keep better quality to send through social apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also have the problem with my Realme Gt 2 Pro that the videos sent stutter/stutter and then seem to be played with the wrong FPS and I sent the test videos directly to Whatsapp/Realme/Oppo Support and researched them.

But since there are these problems with several manufacturers, it seems to be due to the compatibility with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (see Oppo Find X5 Pro, Oneplus 10 Pro, Xiaomi, etc.)

I would ask those affected to write Whatsapp Support! That they solve the problem quickly.

"We currently have information that WhatsApp does not offer full compatibility with the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processors from Qualcomm. In this case, WhatsApp must make an adjustment to ensure smooth video playback."
    I didn't tried with the same file, but now my wife has the xiaomi and when she sends me videos through whatsapp, they are fine, they play normal. If I send her videos using whatsapp they look choppy, the video stutters and sometimes they look like they are filmed in slow motion, but the sound is normal.
    The only way I managed to send the video via WhatsApp without being choppy is I uploaded backup the video on Google Photos (Mode: Storage saver), then I deleted the original video from my X5 Pro. Open Google Photos then upload the video from there. If the original video is still on your device it will still be choppy, but if it's deleted and only available on Google Photos then it should be not choppy when you uploaded it on WhatsApp.
    Please do. The update never referenced any fix for it but looked like it did the trick.

However as I said, I think it's more camera related as when I send a video which previously went over choppy, it still is choppy but anything shot recently is fine