Question Chrome Beta, Dev, & Canary locked At 60hz

Search This thread

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Google Pixel 6
So for the past couple months I've noticed that any 'newer' version of chrome aren't working at 120 hertz / ltpo anymore.(I've only seen this happening on the 9 Pro).

Vanilla normal Chrome works fine. But I suspect even this is going to change once that's updated.

Google changed something. Does anyone know of a chrome flag or a hack to get these to work at 120hz on the OnePlus 9 Pro, now?

It's definitely something that can be changed, because my S21 Ultra is working perfectly on newer versions of chrome at 120 hertz and ltpo.

Does anyone know of a easy way to get these to work properly. I don't want to use the Autohz app - - because all that does is just lock it at 120hz, I also definitely want ltpo to work also^.

I love using beta because it's simply better than normal chrome. Has newer features that have been tested properly and implemented. Canary and Dev are a bit of a risk to use though.

fdgfgd

Nov 22, 2017
Pretty sure OnePlus forces 120hz on stable chrome using a whitelist.
Beta, dev and canary have different names and they aren't whitelisted.

Haunt3r

Jul 16, 2012
Portland,Oregon
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Could probably add the package name to the whitelist in the oneplus services, then use magisk to replace the file, I'm honestly looking into this right now, though I'm no coder by any means, so MMV.

Edit: I was looking in the framework, it looks like the whitelist is on a kernel level, and I have zero experience with kernel creation. I'm still going to look into it, but it definitely won't be in a timely fashion.

Last edited:

spatterlight

May 31, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oneplus seriously needs to make this TPD whatnot stuff optional, completely absurd there is no toggleability. Their good battery intentions continue to have un-expected repercussions.

Libra420T

Attachments

• OnePlus-TPD-and-OPPerf-Disabler.zip
    2 KB · Views: 7