• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Chrome in Desktop mode as default?

Search This thread

advocate2

Jun 14, 2011
Vegas
EDIT: Sorry. I meant to post this in the Tab S7 Forum. Please delete.

Anyone know an easy way to make Chrome always open in desktop mode?

I did a search and it looks difficult to me. I use my tablet primarily for surfing the web and watching videos but I really prefer the Chrome desktop mode. If it can't be done I think this becomes a serious drawback for using the S7 Plus.

Last edited:

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta

I did a search and it looks difficult to me. I use my tablet primarily for surfing the web and watching videos but I really prefer the Chrome desktop mode. If it can't be done I think this becomes a serious drawback for using the S7 Plus.

Using adb is not complicated at all and just requires that you follow the instructions.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29684848&postcount=1

BlinkThinks

Dec 7, 2012

Do these steps work for you?

EDIT: Whoopsies @MrMike2182 beat me to it while I was searching the forum. Sorry.

Last edited:

advocate2

Jun 14, 2011
Vegas
Hey folks. Thanks for the suggestions but I don't even know what ADB is. I was hoping there would be some app to download and install. With any luck Google will make a change in Android 11 if they ever want to truly compete with Apple in the tablet business.