Chromecast crashing system ui while casting

Search This thread

fgcchevy

May 1, 2010
Center Hill
I have an lg gpad, and I keep getting the crash of system ui. The tablet is unusable until I do a restart of the device. It happens every time I cast either YouTube or other casting apps and I pull the notification panel down. That starts the crash right away. I've factory restored my Chromecast, factory reset tablet, with fresh install of all apps. I am stumped and getting really annoyed at this issue. Any help in a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: kevinb77

hellomiakoda

May 26, 2009
Make sure your apps and Google Play Services are updated. They work hand-in-hand.

Updating them did not help. There is a work around, at least for YouTube. Go find the APK for an app called OG YouTube and use the OLD version (4.x)
There's no cue, but you can Chromecast without crashing the entire planet.

I bought the Note Pro with the intent to Chromecast. I feel so ripped off right now, especially since it worked for a little while when I got it. Then an update came down and broke it all. I've read elsewhere that the devs don't seem to give a crap about it, claiming there is no report of the issue even though many many many users are online complaining about it.

bhiga

Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I bought the Note Pro with the intent to Chromecast. I feel so ripped off right now, especially since it worked for a little while when I got it. Then an update came down and broke it all. I've read elsewhere that the devs don't seem to give a crap about it, claiming there is no report of the issue even though many many many users are online complaining about it.
That's a bit unfair to the devs, IMO. Chromecast is dependent on so many moving parts that things go haywire when major updates roll out. It's much like when Facebook does back-end updates, unfortunately.

The major moving parts are:
  1. Cast SDK
  2. Chromecast firmware (build number)
  3. Google Play Services
  4. App

Not to mention the individual devices running the Chromecast-enabled app(s).

Until they're all synced up with the correct version "set" things tend to be wacky, and because the Chromecast app whitelist is essentially "live" and I don't think Chromecast has a defined way to know the service or device properties...

tl;dr - give it a few days. Likely it will magically all start working - unless there's something else at fault in the configuration.
Being that it seems the prior version of YouTube works, it may simply be a bug introduced in the update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an lg gpad, and I keep getting the crash of system ui. The tablet is unusable until I do a restart of the device. It happens every time I cast either YouTube or other casting apps and I pull the notification panel down. That starts the crash right away. I've factory restored my Chromecast, factory reset tablet, with fresh install of all apps. I am stumped and getting really annoyed at this issue. Any help in a resolution would be greatly appreciated.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone