Chromecast on HDMI Splitter

Search This thread

chateau1

Sep 19, 2012
NOTE: This has also been posted in ' Off-Topic '

I had previously run 3 HDMI cables from my office TV through the attic and walls to three other TVs in my house for a project that I no longer use.

Outputs 1,2 and 3 of the 4-Port HDMI splitter are connected to an HDMI cable running to the other TVs with Output 4 connected to my Office TV.

Just for fun, I plugged my Chromecast into the Input of the HDMI splitter and it does work.

Ran a couple of quick tests and all the other TVs see and play anything that I cast from Netflix and/or Chrome Tab.

Really not worth the effort normally but I did have everything in place.

rkirmeier

Jun 18, 2010
NOTE: This has also been posted in ' Off-Topic '

I had previously run 3 HDMI cables from my office TV through the attic and walls to three other TVs in my house for a project that I no longer use.

Outputs 1,2 and 3 of the 4-Port HDMI splitter are connected to an HDMI cable running to the other TVs with Output 4 connected to my Office TV.

Just for fun, I plugged my Chromecast into the Input of the HDMI splitter and it does work.

Ran a couple of quick tests and all the other TVs see and play anything that I cast from Netflix and/or Chrome Tab.

Really not worth the effort normally but I did have everything in place.

I have a 4x4 HDMI Matric switch with a few HDMI splitters as I have more than 4 TVs and Chromecast works fine plugged direcly into the Matrix switch, available on any or all TVs...

chateau1

Sep 19, 2012
I have a 4x4 HDMI Matric switch with a few HDMI splitters as I have more than 4 TVs and Chromecast works fine plugged direcly into the Matrix switch, available on any or all TVs...

I went back and tried a cheap HDMI 5 to 1 Switch and it works as well.

I now have my Chromecast plugged into Input 1 of the 5 to 1 Switch and an MK802 IIIs plugged into Input 5 and the switch's Output plugged into the Input of my 4 Port HDMI splitter.

Can see the Chromecast or MK802 IIIs (when selected on the switch) on my Office TV and all of the other three TVs.

Last edited:

rkirmeier

Jun 18, 2010
I went back and tried a cheap HDMI 5 to 1 Switch and it works as well.

I now have my Chromecast plugged into Input 1 of the 5 to 1 Switch and an MK802 IIIs plugged into Input 5 and the switch's Output plugged into the Input of my 4 Port HDMI splitter.

Can see the Chromecast or MK802 IIIs (when selected on the switch) on my Office TV and all of the other three TVs.

Matrix switch is cooler cause I can view any of the 4 inputs on any of the 4 outputs (any combination of input/output)... :)

chateau1

Sep 19, 2012
Matrix switch is cooler cause I can view any of the 4 inputs on any of the 4 outputs (any combination of input/output)...

No doubt about that. What Matrix Switch are you using?

I had all the stuff used in my junk box but can see the benefits of a Matrix Switch.

Last edited: