[CHROMIUM THEME CHOOSER] Jellybean 4.1/4.2

Search This thread

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
This is my first theme chooser theme, so
please be kind. It is inspired by Google's Chrome OS. Its a work in progress, but I'm confident that the theme base is pretty solid. Future releases will include theming of app icons & fixing any stray WOW & BOB text that may occur.

This theme is xhdpi only at this stage, but hdpi support may be added in future releases.

Any and all input is welcome. This theme may take a while before I consider it complete, but with constructive criticism, we can work towards something really slick & clean & characteristic of Chrome's beautiful UI.

Working on cm10/10.1AOKP JB, bamf, xenonHD, etc.
NOTE: PA per app color settings will mess up this theme A LOT. Its not a problem with the theme, but pa's settings overlaying over the theme resources. Please, no complaints about this as there is nothing I can do, but pa needs to sort out what takes priority.

*NOTE: I have decided not to try & incorporate ics theming into this theme as it becomes too much work to test & lays up my phone in an unusable state while doing so. Sorry.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.Download & install Chromium from the link below.
2.Go to settings/themes.
3.Apply Chromium theme.
-If you get an error about 'missing assets for your screen size', click 'apply anyway'
- If you get an error saying 'this theme was incorrectly compiled', apply the system theme, reboot then apply Chromium theme.
4.Reboot.

*FOR THE WALLPAPERS*

Download Theme chooser wallpapers from play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upwardspiral.wallpapers

To apply wallpapers, just use your device's stock wallpaper picker & select Chromium wallpapers. :) There are 10 wallpapers included, but a full wallpaper pack can be downloaded from the link below.

*DOWNLOADS*

Please consider buying the paid version as a thankyou. There really is a lot of time & headaches that go into this. Thankyou for your support.

Paid play store version is HERE

You can download Chromium-free-v2.4.apk free version here

Extra Chrome wallpapers are here
(This is not a flashable zip. Extract the images and apply them manually)

Hope you like it.

If you like my work, please hit the thanks button. It goes a long way toward inspiring me to spend more time on this theme. Thanks.

If you would like to donate so that I can buy a better computer, you can do so HERE

Thanks to arzbhatia for the ics concept nav keys.

Big thanks to vicino for helping me out with a few things regardless of having a similar theme himself and for the original nav keys.

Thanks also to the xda community & especially the gnex community for the (mostly) positive feedback.
epevatu8.jpg

e8ubepap.jpg

u4esa3ar.jpg

taga3ydy.jpg

tu6ajapa.jpg

esu4e8y6.jpg

7upega5y.jpg

ubahu7ur.jpg

seza3uju.jpg

Last edited:

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
CHANGELOG

V2.4 (15 MARCH)
Fixed the action bar in gallery.
Added cm battery percent, circle battery & signal text.

V2.3 (14 MARCH)
Fixed text visibility in nova launcher.
Fixed toggle text in AOKP & any other rom that uses their implementation.

V2.2 (19 DEC)
Fixed popup text bugs. I believe I've fixed all system app related text bugs now. (4.2 GalleryGoogle is not yet themable)
Added more icons. :cool:

V2.1 (14 DEC)
Initial update to 4.2.
Themed quick toggle backgrounds & text (no icons yet)
Added cm min battery & signal.
Added white h+ icon.
Lots of text bug fixes including dialog text buttons.
Themed text in tabs in trebuchet(I think :p )
Stupid new gallery won't theme. Old one is fine.
More to come.

V2.0 (7 NOV)
No longer based on teamBAMF's source. This is my own base. Much cleaner & less text visibility issues.
Removed grey navbar & chrome glow effect.
Lots of other behind the scene changes.
Added donate version to Play Store to give donators auto updates.

V1.5. (5 OCT)
BIG UPDATE.
Added theme chooser wallpapers to the app.
Fixed navbar background not theming on AOKP.
Fixed call log primary text & tab icons in contacts dialler.
Themed Rom control settings icons.
Finished CM10 power widget toggles.
Fixed battery charging indicator.
Few other minor image fixes.

V1.4. (27 SEP)
Fixed a lot of text bugs, incl youtube, cpu spy, general file search, etc. Any app that uses light_screen_background as its primary app background.

V1.3 (23 SEP)
Themed aokp toggles & most cm10 toggles (sorry, will get the ones I missed next time)
Themed aokp & cm10 settings icons.

V1.2 (17 SEP)
Themed gallery
Fixed tab text in nova & apex launchers
more icons.

V1.1 (14 SEP)
UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION NOW. Signed with test keys.
Fixed compatibility issues finally. :D
Fixed xda & xda premium settings menu.
Fixed more icons.

V1 (12 SEP)
Added some jfk icons(some won't theme for some reason)
Temp fix for xda premium BOB text(will make it prettier next time I promise)

Updated 9-11-12
Changed nav buttons.
Few minor fixes

Updated 9-3-12
Fixed notification background not rendering correctly in tab mode.

Updated again 9-3-12
Fixed more BOB in popups.
Made navbar glow smaller.

.....memoirs of a flash addict.

Last edited:

supguise

Mar 12, 2012
Great job man. Coincidentally, that's the same home icon I came up with and was gonna show u but figured I'd see wat u came up with first Lol.

Still seeing the occasional wow & bob but I know you're aware of them n working to fix in next updates.

Reactions: stumpy352

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
I like the theme, good job, I can wait to see what the theme is going to look like when its finished, this one looks better than the one you posted in the other thread. Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

juanzr1

Mar 16, 2011
Can't install the apk on my phone , keeps saying app not installed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ock

Mar 9, 2010
Looks great, must have been tough to make a light theme. Congrats

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

yourboysplash

Apr 11, 2008
You have to uninstall the previous version and reinstall this one, worked for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kbrian

May 6, 2011
Mine keeps saying the author didn't compile it right..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Hey Stumpy I been silently stalking your progress in the other thread and i must say your doing a Good Job. I really believe that you will pull this off, you have motivation and enthusiasm. Keep up the great work, one question though is this for CM9 or CM10 theme chooser?

Last edited:

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
Hey Stumpy I been silently stalking your progress in the other thread and i must say your doing a Good Job. I really believe that you will pull this off, i really like your motivation and enthusiasm. Keep up the great work, one question though is this for CM9 or CM10 theme chooser?

Should work on both. Although I haven't got around yo theming rom specific thngs like cm& aokp toggles, rom control etc. Also you may not get the grey navbar on cm9. Not sure. Try & see. ;)

Emhyr

Oct 27, 2010
Paris
Tried it, it looks good actually ! There are still few problems but not much in my opinion =) (on CM10)
For example :
uploadfromtaptalk1346572647002.jpg
The Cyanogen icons aren't themed ;) (but you are a BAMF user if I remember correctly =) )

uploadfromtaptalk1346572789794.jpg
Here the power widget isn't themed and hard to see =) (by the way, too bad you didn't keep the blue color on notifications, but that's just my opinion =) )

uploadfromtaptalk1346572959387.jpg
(Nova Launcher) The text on the top is hard to see ;) (the colors are themed by me)

52e58d2c-131e-00e6.jpg

The IME notification isn't themed ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1346573161761.jpg
The last one I promise ! ^^ The text on the popup is hard to see ;)

You really did a good job, thanks a lot ! =)

Edit : just seen your message above mine, so don't consider the CM10 specific problems =)

Last edited:

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Should work on both. Although I haven't got around yo theming rom specific thngs like cm& aokp toggles, rom control etc. Also you may not get the grey navbar on cm9. Not sure. Try & see. ;)

I ask what base are you working for first CM9/CM10 so i can add to the appropriate thread. I maintain the Official MEGA CM9 & CM10 Theme Chooser threads.

EDIT: I'll just add to both.

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
I ask what base are you working for first CM9/CM10 so i can add to the appropriate thread. I maintain the Official MEGA CM9 & CM10 Theme Chooser threads.

EDIT: I'll just add to both.

I used a base for cm10, but i'd love to here how it works for cm9 users before you go adding it. Just in case. ;)

Pfaffinator

Jul 10, 2011
Florida
More screenshots to see what has been themed. All I can tell are white pop ups.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first theme chooser theme, so
    please be kind. It is inspired by Google's Chrome OS. Its a work in progress, but I'm confident that the theme base is pretty solid. Future releases will include theming of app icons & fixing any stray WOW & BOB text that may occur.

This theme is xhdpi only at this stage, but hdpi support may be added in future releases.

Any and all input is welcome. This theme may take a while before I consider it complete, but with constructive criticism, we can work towards something really slick & clean & characteristic of Chrome's beautiful UI.

Working on cm10/10.1AOKP JB, bamf, xenonHD, etc.
    NOTE: PA per app color settings will mess up this theme A LOT. Its not a problem with the theme, but pa's settings overlaying over the theme resources. Please, no complaints about this as there is nothing I can do, but pa needs to sort out what takes priority.

*NOTE: I have decided not to try & incorporate ics theming into this theme as it becomes too much work to test & lays up my phone in an unusable state while doing so. Sorry.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.Download & install Chromium from the link below.
    2.Go to settings/themes.
    3.Apply Chromium theme.
    -If you get an error about 'missing assets for your screen size', click 'apply anyway'
    - If you get an error saying 'this theme was incorrectly compiled', apply the system theme, reboot then apply Chromium theme.
    4.Reboot.

*FOR THE WALLPAPERS*

Download Theme chooser wallpapers from play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upwardspiral.wallpapers

To apply wallpapers, just use your device's stock wallpaper picker & select Chromium wallpapers. :) There are 10 wallpapers included, but a full wallpaper pack can be downloaded from the link below.

*DOWNLOADS*

Please consider buying the paid version as a thankyou. There really is a lot of time & headaches that go into this. Thankyou for your support.

Paid play store version is HERE

You can download Chromium-free-v2.4.apk free version here

Extra Chrome wallpapers are here
    (This is not a flashable zip. Extract the images and apply them manually)

Hope you like it.

If you like my work, please hit the thanks button. It goes a long way toward inspiring me to spend more time on this theme. Thanks.

If you would like to donate so that I can buy a better computer, you can do so HERE

Thanks to arzbhatia for the ics concept nav keys.

Big thanks to vicino for helping me out with a few things regardless of having a similar theme himself and for the original nav keys.

Thanks also to the xda community & especially the gnex community for the (mostly) positive feedback.
    epevatu8.jpg

e8ubepap.jpg

u4esa3ar.jpg

taga3ydy.jpg

tu6ajapa.jpg

esu4e8y6.jpg

7upega5y.jpg

ubahu7ur.jpg

seza3uju.jpg
    CHANGELOG

V2.4 (15 MARCH)
    Fixed the action bar in gallery.
    Added cm battery percent, circle battery & signal text.

V2.3 (14 MARCH)
    Fixed text visibility in nova launcher.
    Fixed toggle text in AOKP & any other rom that uses their implementation.

V2.2 (19 DEC)
    Fixed popup text bugs. I believe I've fixed all system app related text bugs now. (4.2 GalleryGoogle is not yet themable)
    Added more icons. :cool:

V2.1 (14 DEC)
    Initial update to 4.2.
    Themed quick toggle backgrounds & text (no icons yet)
    Added cm min battery & signal.
    Added white h+ icon.
    Lots of text bug fixes including dialog text buttons.
    Themed text in tabs in trebuchet(I think :p )
    Stupid new gallery won't theme. Old one is fine.
    More to come.

V2.0 (7 NOV)
    No longer based on teamBAMF's source. This is my own base. Much cleaner & less text visibility issues.
    Removed grey navbar & chrome glow effect.
    Lots of other behind the scene changes.
    Added donate version to Play Store to give donators auto updates.

V1.5. (5 OCT)
    BIG UPDATE.
    Added theme chooser wallpapers to the app.
    Fixed navbar background not theming on AOKP.
    Fixed call log primary text & tab icons in contacts dialler.
    Themed Rom control settings icons.
    Finished CM10 power widget toggles.
    Fixed battery charging indicator.
    Few other minor image fixes.

V1.4. (27 SEP)
    Fixed a lot of text bugs, incl youtube, cpu spy, general file search, etc. Any app that uses light_screen_background as its primary app background.

V1.3 (23 SEP)
    Themed aokp toggles & most cm10 toggles (sorry, will get the ones I missed next time)
    Themed aokp & cm10 settings icons.

V1.2 (17 SEP)
    Themed gallery
    Fixed tab text in nova & apex launchers
    more icons.

V1.1 (14 SEP)
    UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION NOW. Signed with test keys.
    Fixed compatibility issues finally. :D
    Fixed xda & xda premium settings menu.
    Fixed more icons.

V1 (12 SEP)
    Added some jfk icons(some won't theme for some reason)
    Temp fix for xda premium BOB text(will make it prettier next time I promise)

Updated 9-11-12
    Changed nav buttons.
    Few minor fixes

Updated 9-3-12
    Fixed notification background not rendering correctly in tab mode.

Updated again 9-3-12
    Fixed more BOB in popups.
    Made navbar glow smaller.

Alright guys, so I got sick of theming an endless number of incompatible apps, so I'm rewriting the theme from scratch. It'll take some time, but was necessary due to the holo light invert breaking everything. Will be worth the wait though. ;)

Sent from my One X using xda premium
    Well guys & gals, my old laptop finally crapped itself this morning, before I had a chance to copy over all my theme files. Lost all my progress with the new version. So I'll have to start over. Just as well I had a backup of the resources for the original version on my phone. Shouldn't take more than a few days to get the current version updated. I'll get some work done for launcher settings icons and change a few things that have been bugging you guys, like the glow effect & nav buttons. If I get time, I'll look into the cm9 notification background, but no promises at this stage. Once I've got everything back up & running on my new laptop, I'll start looking at hdpi resources. Sorry its taken so long, but I've had real computer issues & I've been swamped at work. Thanks for your patience.

Will add support for theme chooser wallpapers in the following update also. So that you don't have to dl the wallpaper pack & go crawling through your gallery just to set wallpaper. ;)

Then I think it will be almost ready for play store & a $2 price tag. What you guys think. The goal afterall for me was to get my first app published on play store. And I think it's almost ready.
    There will always be a free version for you guys & gals right here though. :cool: