Chuwi Hi10 Air Linux Installation Guide

MaXi32

Apr 3, 2014
Cyberjaya
Sorry off topic, anyone know where can I get the battery replacement for this tablet? What is the model of the battery. I left the battery unused for 3 months with almost 0 percent charged, and the battery has problem now.

Last edited:

MaXi32

Apr 3, 2014
Cyberjaya
Anyone success installing Debian? I haven't tried but would like to know success story before I begin. Sorry I keep coming to the same thread over and over again. Seems like this thread is not active anymore .

VTerranz

Jan 26, 2021
Hi there, just registred to reply there.
Base system works well with some tweaks:
1) Install non-free firmwares for realtek wifi, for intel sound.
2) Add pwm-lpss and pwm-lpss-platform modules to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules to allow video driver change brightness.
3) Add step to rotate screen on X server startup
4) Install binary file to allow bluetooth work
5) I recompiled kernel, latest for now: 5.10 to enable silead touch screen, to enable AXP2xx chip to read battery state. Base kernel works well but touch screen and battery not shown.
Overall system with xfce4 is faster than win10 besides hardware accelleration in chrome: youtube videos will eat a lot of CPU.
Anyone success installing Debian? I haven't tried but would like to know success story before I begin. Sorry I keep coming to the same thread over and over again. Seems like this thread is not active anymore .