• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Chuwi V89 8.9 inch 64gb Dual Boot Windows 8.1 Bing / Android 4.4.4

Search This thread

corduroy27

Nov 8, 2007
Athens
...overall i think this cheap dual OS tablet is great, especially with "Windows 1st, Android is a bonus" mind :)
Well, for me is the opposite!!! :rolleyes:
However, I did't find something better until now in this category. So I did my order yesterday... :)
I think in this Size, Ratio, Resolution, overall memory, (internal + external) there isn't something better on the Market right now.
The strongest opponents (in my eyes) I think there are Ramos i9s Pro, (old and more expensive), Onda V891w (with smallest battery!)

My concern now is the clarity of the screen on Android. Until I receive it I'll be in anxiously...

Windows Resolution is 1920x1200 Android Resolution is 1280x800, can't seem to change it.
...as somebody said in the 1st page, display resolution in Android is "not native", because it's not as sharp as Windows
but i think this is because the software built because CPU-Z app detect 1920x1200 as display resolution
hopefully someone from Chuwi or modders can shed some light about this device :)
actually, Android Resolution is 1920x1200 but yes, the text and icon still a bit blurry than "retina"
i tried to change resolutions to 1280x800, it's getting worse (this proves that by default, resolution is set to 1920x1200)
and comparing this tablet with Yoga 8 (1280x800) in Chrome, also shows larger display area

...i don't mind the "blurry" part because it still look okay+http://bbs.chuwi.com/forum.php
...about the resolution in Android, the screen capture is at 1920x1200
still wondering why it didn't look "retina" :(
...i tried changing DPI before
it only makes icon bigger/smaller etc
didn't make the display sharper

this tablet default setting is 1920x1200 @ 220 DPi
changing to 1920x1200 @ 254 DPi makes the icon bigger (maybe a little clearer) but break SwiftKey keyboard. changing to 220 DPi back didn't restore SwiftKey, so i had to Restore Factory Default :(http://s529.photobucket.com/user/IDComp/media/DSC_0030_zpsz6rp9qg9.jpg.html
...as for the SwiftKey messed up UI, i think i already solved it
using DPI Adjuster

For those who have CHUWI V89...
On Android mode, regarding the sharpness, bringing your mind and compared with a 1024*768 display and with native retina. What do you think is closer?
...οr it's somewhere in between?

I hope we would build some community over this tab as it seems very reliable and quality tab.
I hope that too...

Last edited:

ils

Dec 15, 2004
However, I did't find something better until now in this category. So I did my order yesterday... :)
I think in this Size, Ratio, Resolution, overall memory, (internal + external) there isn't something better on the Market right now.
The strongest opponents (in my eyes) I think there are Ramos i9s Pro, (old and more expensive), Onda V891w (with smallest battery!)

My concern now is the clarity of the screen on Android. Until I receive it I'll be in anxiously...

For those who have CHUWI C89...
On Android mode, regarding the sharpness, bringing your mind and compared with a 1024*768 display and with native retina. What do you think is closer?
...οr it's somewhere in between?

I hope that too...

it's actually depends on your viewing distance
but i think it's closer to retina than non-retina but you get that "unsatisfied feeling" that your device didn't show its full potential :)
it's "retina-like" or imagine a retina display with blur+5% applied LOL

Reactions: suspect008

suspect008

Sep 9, 2012
Colombo

LOL :D:D:D:good::good: Good One

Seems like Me too settled on this because of the size and 3g connection and all characteristics u mentioned. only issue seems to be the too much heat generated even for short gaming period. but I think im willing to bear that with the price point.

Can we all share where we make the orders so we know reliable suppliers. as for me here is the place im about to order,

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kore...S-3G-Windows-8-1-Android-4-4/32276395396.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...9-3G-Z3735F-Quad-Core/805904_32246960524.html

Tonyfowles

Apr 10, 2015
Video out

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to do video out to an HDMI on one of these (in Win 8.1, rather than Android). How do ou go about it? Is it MHL compatible in Windows?

Thanks!

RakeshReddy

Dec 30, 2014
I too ordered from Shenzhen Sichuang Technology Co., Ltd. but they have two listings one has $5 less price not sure about the gimmick though, the one I ordered from
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...et-PC-Android-4-2-Dual/805904_1811487757.html

other listing from same seller.....
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...9-3G-Z3735F-Quad-Core/805904_32246960524.html

LOL :D:D:D:good::good: Good One

Seems like Me too settled on this because of the size and 3g connection and all characteristics u mentioned. only issue seems to be the too much heat generated even for short gaming period. but I think im willing to bear that with the price point.

Can we all share where we make the orders so we know reliable suppliers. as for me here is the place im about to order,

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kore...S-3G-Windows-8-1-Android-4-4/32276395396.html

Last edited:

corduroy27

Nov 8, 2007
Athens
it's actually depends on your viewing distance
but i think it's closer to retina than non-retina but you get that "unsatisfied feeling" that your device didn't show its full potential :)
I'm glad for your answer. :D
So, it's just something that someone may can notice.
I think I'll not have problem with a 5% less Retina...
Anyway, I'll return when I have a personal opinion about it. ;)

Can we all share where we make the orders so we know reliable suppliers.
You have right. It's good to know. Mine was made from geekbuying.
Has not shipped yet. I will inform about it...

ngandjui

Aug 18, 2009
Hi everyone, i received my chuwi today and i'm pretty impressed with the tablet and build quality.
The tablet seems to be already rooted cuz i used root checker and 2 others root checking apps and the result was it is rooted.
But binary su is not installed so i cannot used apps that requires acces grant. I installed supersu and when it start it ask me if i want to install binary su but the installation fails, same thing with busybox.
So i guess my question is, the add users and permission apps in the first post of the thread is it for binary su? If no how can i install binary su so that i can use apps like adaway, titanium backup etc

ils

Dec 15, 2004
Hi everyone, i received my chuwi today and i'm pretty impressed with the tablet and build quality.
The tablet seems to be already rooted cuz i used root checker and 2 others root checking apps and the result was it is rooted.
But binary su is not installed so i cannot used apps that requires acces grant. I installed supersu and when it start it ask me if i want to install binary su but the installation fails, same thing with busybox.
So i guess my question is, the add users and permission apps in the first post of the thread is it for binary su? If no how can i install binary su so that i can use apps like adaway, titanium backup etc

you could try to re-root it using the app from 1st post
it will install SuperUser binary (not SuperSU)

but since SuperSU seems more reliable, I change it to SuperSU

I rarely root my tablets but is it possible root checker shows "green rooted status" without binary SU "grant"?
I thought every root operations need to be granted manually the 1st time

Reactions: ngandjui

ngandjui

Aug 18, 2009
thanks for the answer bro
My tablet camed already setup to english also, so when i cliked the os switch button i didnt have the option to consigure Q2S config utility. i tried looking troughout the apps on the with the windows search options and in program files but i dont have any clue how to find it so maybe this is a case where the mute enable was actrivated.
any idea how to find the Q2S config utility ? if it is in fact that it is not accessible anymore does restoring windows 8 to factory will allow me to get it back ?
i'm just worried in case i accidently remove it from the taskbar and cant find it anymore

aseem00y

Oct 26, 2013
Patna
Windows 10 Upgrade

I dont feel like it would be receiving an Windows 10 Update.

Since this device appears to NOT be an x86 architecture.
If by any means it is, does it means that it will support linux too?

ils

Dec 15, 2004
thanks for the answer bro
My tablet camed already setup to english also, so when i cliked the os switch button i didnt have the option to consigure Q2S config utility. i tried looking troughout the apps on the with the windows search options and in program files but i dont have any clue how to find it so maybe this is a case where the mute enable was actrivated.
any idea how to find the Q2S config utility ? if it is in fact that it is not accessible anymore does restoring windows 8 to factory will allow me to get it back ?
i'm just worried in case i accidently remove it from the taskbar and cant find it anymore

my tablet also came with English option
no Q2S tools like OP explained in 1st post

the icon on the taskbar is only a shortcut
the real app is inside Program Files, look for Insyde bios folder or dual OS or something similar
(you could right click on the icon and Find Target/Open File Location to find the correct folder)

I dont feel like it would be receiving an Windows 10 Update.

Since this device appears to NOT be an x86 architecture.
If by any means it is, does it means that it will support linux too?

Windows 10 can be installed in this tablet (this tablet using x86)
however if you mean the official update ROM, yeah I wouldn't bet on it
but at least the new OS will run on this tablet, confirmed by the users on the chuwi's own BBS forum

I never tried Linux, but we can boot into the BIOS like normal PC does
maybe someone will share their experiences later :)

Reactions: ngandjui

ngandjui

Aug 18, 2009
my tablet also came with English option
no Q2S tools like OP explained in 1st post

the icon on the taskbar is only a shortcut
the real app is inside Program Files, look for Insyde bios folder or dual OS or something similar
(you could right click on the icon and Find Target/Open File Location to find the correct folder)

Windows 10 can be installed in this tablet (this tablet using x86)
however if you mean the official update ROM, yeah I wouldn't bet on it
but at least the new OS will run on this tablet, confirmed by the users on the chuwi's own BBS forum

I never tried Linux, but we can boot into the BIOS like normal PC does
maybe someone will share their experiences later :)
thanks again man, you're putting a lot of work in finding how this tablet works
i wanted to install xposed framework too but seeing that you had a bootloop before i'd rather have a turorial on how to fix it in case i got the same lol. Is there anyway you coiuld do one, it could benefit to everyone here in case their devices bootlop. Also on a lot of android with custom recoveries, you can save stuff like original rom, kernel and others stuff. Is it possible with adb to make a opy of the rom in case something happens ?

ils

Dec 15, 2004
thanks again man, you're putting a lot of work in finding how this tablet works
i wanted to install xposed framework too but seeing that you had a bootloop before i'd rather have a turorial on how to fix it in case i got the same lol. Is there anyway you coiuld do one, it could benefit to everyone here in case their devices bootlop. Also on a lot of android with custom recoveries, you can save stuff like original rom, kernel and others stuff. Is it possible with adb to make a opy of the rom in case something happens ?

here's the step i do to get out bootloop when trying Xposed.
1. grab the Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-installer-versions-changelog-t2714053
2. i tried "Apply Update from ADB" from recovery menu but failed, error signature verification or something (anyone can tell me how to bypass verification?)
3. since using Recovery menu failed, i tried ADB command shell
4. install Android SDK from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html (look for SDK Tools Only)
5. Example for my ADB tools is at "C:\Apps\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
6. enable Developer Options in "Setting" - "About Tablet" - tap several times in "Build Number"
7. Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options
8. Shutdown the tablet and connect it to PC/USB
(i forgot how i get the USB Driver for Android but hopefully SDK Tools Only contain the driver too)
9. the tablet should be recognized by adb tools. type "adb devices". it should list "BayTrailXXXXX" (if yes then proceed, if not try looking for android USB driver or something)
10. type adb root - to launch the adb as device root
11. type adb shell - to open shell into our tablet
12. open Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip and browse to \META-INF\com\google\android. there should be an "update-binary" file. open it with Notepad or Wordpad and look starting from "mount -o...." command
13. type that into shell mode we launch in step 11
- mount -o rw,remount /system -> this step enable us to write into the /system
- cp -a /system/bin/app_process.orig /system/bin/app_process -> this step is to restore the original app_process, probably the modified app_process is causing the bootloop
- chown 0:2000 /system/app_process
- chmod 0755 /system/bin/app_process -> both command is permission/owner thing, just type exactly like the sample
- /system/bin/restorecon /system/bin/app_process 2>/dev/null -> dunno about this, but type in just in case :)
14. type exit to quit the adb shell
15. reboot the tablet - it should boot normally

if you just want to test the steps above before installing Xposed (before the actual bootloop), the most important part is you could launch shell mode as root AND mounting the /system with rewrite option. because without rewrite option, any command after mount will be "error with Read-Only bla bla bla".
to test, just do the steps until MOUNT -O... and see if the process is failed or success. or you could try to do file modification to /system after you mount.
example : cp /system/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process.bak -> this will copy the app_process to app_process.bak. if you can execute this, the mount command works. just delete the file afterwards with rm /system/bin/app_process.bak

hopefully this little guide helps :)

Last edited:

suspect008

Sep 9, 2012
Colombo
1. grab the Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-installer-versions-changelog-t2714053
2. i tried "Apply Update from ADB" from recovery menu but failed, error signature verification or something (anyone can tell me how to bypass verification?)

cant be sure, but Ive heard mostly signature errors occurs when you are on stock recovery. I had it with my xiaomi and s3, but custom recovery mostly solves it.

Reactions: ils

suspect008

Sep 9, 2012
Colombo
i do prefer CWM Recovery, but it's my understanding that each devices need different/customized recovery image?
or i can use any CWM image?

Thank You

no you cant, it has to be made for specific boot image. fairly its just little work for android only devices. but im not sure about how would that turn out on dual boot system. I dont have the tablet yet to experiment. and afterall recovery is a another partition. so it needs to flash on that specific place. in these dual boot systems, it seems windows is primary and android is seconadary. so I thot of making CWM but then halted. I think we may need someone with little more advance knowledge in this regard. tried to search on bbs chuwi but its real pain using google translate. my hope is to try on teclast forum cuz I think method should be similar on each other. its festive days here in sri lanka so didnt had much time.

ngandjui

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks

3. since using Recovery menu failed, i tried ADB command shell
4. install Android SDK from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html (look for SDK Tools Only)
5. Example for my ADB tools is at "C:\Apps\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
6. enable Developer Options in "Setting" - "About Tablet" - tap several times in "Build Number"
7. Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options
8. Shutdown the tablet and connect it to PC/USB
(i forgot how i get the USB Driver for Android but hopefully SDK Tools Only contain the driver too)
9. the tablet should be recognized by adb tools. type "adb devices". it should list "BayTrailXXXXX" (if yes then proceed, if not try looking for android USB driver or something)
10. type adb root - to launch the adb as device root
11. type adb shell - to open shell into our tablet
12. open Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip and browse to \META-INF\com\google\android. there should be an "update-binary" file. open it with Notepad or Wordpad and look starting from "mount -o...." command
13. type that into shell mode we launch in step 11
- mount -o rw,remount /system -> this step enable us to write into the /system
- cp -a /system/bin/app_process.orig /system/bin/app_process -> this step is to restore the original app_process, probably the modified app_process is causing the bootloop
- chown 0:2000 /system/app_process
- chmod 0755 /system/bin/app_process -> both command is permission/owner thing, just type exactly like the sample
- /system/bin/restorecon /system/bin/app_process 2>/dev/null -> dunno about this, but type in just in case :)
14. type exit to quit the adb shell
15. reboot the tablet - it should boot normally

if you just want to test the steps above before installing Xposed (before the actual bootloop), the most important part is you could launch shell mode as root AND mounting the /system with rewrite option. because without rewrite option, any command after mount will be "error with Read-Only bla bla bla".
to test, just do the steps until MOUNT -O... and see if the process is failed or success. or you could try to do file modification to /system after you mount.
example : cp /system/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process.bak -> this will copy the app_process to app_process.bak. if you can execute this, the mount command works. just delete the file afterwards with rm /system/bin/app_process.bak

hopefully this little guide helps :)
Thanks a lot for the guide, i installed xposed the first time and had the bootlop and your tutorial worked like a charm.
By going trough the internet i was able to find a way to get xposed framework working. Those are the seps for anyone out there. I found it on a chuwi Vi8 forum and it wokred for me

Xposed Framework
1. Download/Install Terminal Emulator from play store
2. Download/Install Root Explorer from anywhere LOL ?
3. Download/install Xposed Framework, install the framework but don't reboot
4. With root explorer go to /system/bin/ rename app_process to app_process.xposed-bak, then rename rename app_process.orig to app_process
5. Open Terminal Emulator
type "su" without quote then execute
type "echo 0x98 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset" without quote then execute
type "chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset" without quote then execute
6. Reinstall the framework then reboot

Also anyone eslse having issue with the facebook app, it always forceclose even thought the messenger aps works fine. I ony had problems with facebook app so far, unable to run it

ils

Dec 15, 2004
no you cant, it has to be made for specific boot image. fairly its just little work for android only devices. but im not sure about how would that turn out on dual boot system. I dont have the tablet yet to experiment. and afterall recovery is a another partition. so it needs to flash on that specific place. in these dual boot systems, it seems windows is primary and android is seconadary. so I thot of making CWM but then halted. I think we may need someone with little more advance knowledge in this regard. tried to search on bbs chuwi but its real pain using google translate. my hope is to try on teclast forum cuz I think method should be similar on each other. its festive days here in sri lanka so didnt had much time.

alright, thanks for your information :)
usually i only downloaded someone else's recovery image and flash it to my device :)

Thanks a lot for the guide, i installed xposed the first time and had the bootlop and your tutorial worked like a charm.
By going trough the internet i was able to find a way to get xposed framework working. Those are the seps for anyone out there. I found it on a chuwi Vi8 forum and it wokred for me

Xposed Framework
1. Download/Install Terminal Emulator from play store
2. Download/Install Root Explorer from anywhere LOL
3. Download/install Xposed Framework, install the framework but don't reboot
4. With root explorer go to /system/bin/ rename app_process to app_process.xposed-bak, then rename rename app_process.orig to app_process
5. Open Terminal Emulator
type "su" without quote then execute
type "echo 0x98 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset" without quote then execute
type "chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset" without quote then execute
6. Reinstall the framework then reboot

Also anyone eslse having issue with the facebook app, it always forceclose even thought the messenger aps works fine. I ony had problems with facebook app so far, unable to run it

great!
i'm a little busy now with my (real) work, maybe i'll try it at weekend
Thank You

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I found that from off, if you hold the vol - and On together you get to a bootloader.
    Also Vol + and On get you to a different one.
    I wiped the cache in there and it improved my slow GPS fix issue.

I also ran SuperCleaner and now my Quadrant score is 15127, up from 12453
    Hi, I have had this pad for 1 week and I am pleased with it so far.
    Mine came with the Android version all in Chinese, you have to change the language in the settings.

Here are some points worth a mention.
    PRO's / CON's
    The screen is very good, sharp and responsive but is a fingerprint magnet and does not have anti-glare coating like my Nexus 7
    Windows Resolution is 1920x1200 Android Resolution is 1280x800, can't seem to change it.
    Windows Hard Drive is 41.2Gb Android 10.7Gb The rest must be Operating system and caches?
    My Quadrant score is 12453
    GPS is slow to lock but OK once done.

Bixx
    hi guys just wanted to give my opinion on this tablet, i've had it for about a month now and as much as i love it couple of issues people may want to know....

i also find the charger very slow, can take about 3-4 hours to fully charger from below 10%, even if switched off, i found that the wifi performed better in android but it may have been down to a driver upgrade, i went back to previous driver and now it seems to work better.
    i was extremely happy about the memory provided for each os as i don't require so much for android,it was and 31gb for windows after updates and 10.7gb for android, i've had no issues with the dual booting and battery life seems to last around 5-6 hours if watching movies online with bluetooth on, so quite good really, in my opinion anyway.

would like to know if anyone has been able to update to windows 10 technical preview whilst still keeping the android dual boot option?

also screen is very good quality aswell, also doesn't seem to be as much support for this unlike the onda v919 and teclast x98 but to be honest i much prefer the chuwi screen size/aspect ratio compared to the 9.7/4:3 the onda n teclast use.

hope this helped guys :)
    Chuwi V89 8.9 inch 64gb Dual Boot Windows 8.1 Bing / Android 4.4.4

Specifications

Model
    Chi V89 dual system
    Released
    January 2015
    Color
    White
    Operating system
    Windows 8.1 + Android 4.4.4
    Appearance
    Double-sided glass
    Weight
    360 (g)
    Size
    233.2 * 148.2 * 8.2mm

Processor
    Intel 64-bit processor Z3735F
    Processor type
    Quad-Core
    Processor clock speed
    1830MHz
    System Memory
    2GB
    Memory Type
    High performance DDR3
    Storage capacity
    64GB
    Storage expansion
    Maximum support 64G TF card expansion
    Graphics chip
    Intel HD Graphics 7 generation PC-class graphics card
    Sensor
    Gravity Sensor
    Screen parameters
    Screen Size
    8.9 inches
    Resolution
    1920 * 1200
    Zoom
    16:09
    Screen Features
    Top Retina IPS screen
    Screen description
    Capacitive multi-touch
    Network communication
    Network Communications
    Speed ​​3G Internet access (WCDMA), GSM
    WiFi capabilities
    802.11 b / g / n
    Bluetooth
    Speed ​​Bluetooth 4.0 (ultra low power)
    GPS function
    Internal GPS
    Media features
    Webcam
    5MP camera OV
    Speaker
    ACC dual stereo speakers sound chamber
    Audio features
    Built-in audio chip HiFi
    Video playback
    Supports up to 4K (4096 * 2160 resolution) video playback
    Format Support
    Audio Format
    MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, WAV, OGG
    Video Format
    RM / RMVB, AVI, WMV, DAT, MPEG, MP4
    Image Format
    Support JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF format picture browsing
    Applications
    Preinstalled software
    Random software
    Interface Button
    Other interfaces
    3.5mm earphone, TF card slot, SIM card slot
    Push button
    Physical buttons
    Other
    Life time
    The specific time depending on use environment
    Battery Type
    6400mAh
    Accessory
    Charger, USB cable, OTG cable, manual, warranty card, certificate

Videos
    Unboxing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYoKpiJTqEs

Windows software download
    Intel® WiDi Media Share Software for Windows https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24743/Intel-WiDi-Media-Share-Software-for-Windows

Root Android 4.4.4.
    1. Your tablet may already be rooted by the seller. Check for Root with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.freeandroidtools.root_checker
    2. Enable Developer Options. Settings, About Tablet, Build Number, Tap 7 Times. Go back to Settings , select Developer options, Turn on (top right), Click OK, Select USB debugging, Click OK.
    3. To root the V89, I used the Teclast X98 Toolbox from here: http://d-h.st/9RX
      Just run the 1_Toolbox.bat script from an elevated command prompt (I’ve used Windows 10 x64), install the necessary drivers and use option ‘E’ to root.
      Disconnect usb cable from tablet.
    4. Uninstall unwanted apps. Settings, Apps, Select App, Uninstall, repeat until all gone. Do not remove superuser app.

Add Users and Permission Apps
    Download User Management https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appaholics.um
    Give users app permissions, download Multi User App Share https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fivehellions.android.muappshare

Benchmarks
    http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/mobile/Chuwi+V89/review
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1867365
    Pass 1
    attachment.php

Pass 2
    attachment.php

Known Issues
    1. The first time you switch on, you will see the OS Switch button on the Windows TaskBar, when you click it the first time you will see the Q2S Config Utility. My advice is to set all options on the left to Enable. Set the options on the right to Enable, OS2, Reset System, Disable. Click commit. Warning! If you select SoftIcon Switch Enable to Disable and then click Commit the taskbar icon will disappear! Also if you set Mute Enable to Enable and click Commit the Q2S Config Utility will not open again so you can’t make changes.
    2. Once you have set up the bluetooth keyboard in windows and reboot into android you obviously have to pair the keyboard again, when you return to windows you will have to remove the keyboard (same with my bluetooth mouse) and re-pair it again. So each time you dual boot you have to pair again. I have decided to only use the bluetooth keyboard with windows so it works after a OS Switch and back again.
    Update 03/Aug/15 Windows 10
    To upgrade immediately go to this page and select Download Tool Now 32 Bit version.
    The upgrade will not affect dual boot.

Update 31/Aug/15 Windows 10 Windows update has improved stability so I recommend getting all the updates.
    Update 06/09/17 How to Root, see above and various small edits.
    It has wireless updates in android (latest 4.4.4)
    I don't know about bios updates

I got mine today. :D
    just want to add some rants :p
    - bonus screen protector is not good.
    - no exFat on android.
    I doubt any "hack" to support it since chuwi doesn't release kernel source
    - strange pattern under bright light when screen is off. not noticeable when screen is on.
    I saw the same thing on old HTC windows 6.5 device (HD2 if I remember correctly)

other than that I'm quite satisfied.