Chuwi Vi8 Full Review, FAQ, Root, Dual Boot ROM info

Search This thread

lukesan

May 1, 2009
Guys, I have an issue after installing win 10. Tried the upgrade and a fresh clean install.
So basically after everything is up and running my wireless works without an issue. But after the screen goes off and you turn it back on the wifi says connected but not a single webpage or network link will open. Changing access point, have different wifi routers here, while the issue is present (like in always) results in a wifi connect but no data at all. The only thing that works is a reboot.
I also checked to see if I could ping the default gateway (192.168.1.1 in my case) and not a single reply. I thought it was a bug in the power saving options, but as far as I can see it there are no options available in the wifi driver settings.
Tried different Realtek driver versions btw.

I tried this in Android and no issues at all.

zeto750

Apr 18, 2008
Hi guys, i have clean windows installation on chuwi vi8, is there any tutorial how to make only android clean installation ?
I want to give this tablet to my parents but android is more suitable for them.

THx

Nick1994

Jun 29, 2015
Can someone re-up the download for the root file? Google Drive says it's infected and can only be downloaded by the owner. :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Try the drivers for the Hi8 model, which is almost virtually identical but has no HDMI port and was made with Windows 10 or use a Ethernet USB adapter temporarily to download and run Slimdrivers. Google Slimdrivers and click the first one. It might also be that Bluetooth needs to be on at all times or turned off. I would recommend getting Slimdrivers even if you manage to get it working without Slimdrivers.

Guys, I have an issue after installing win 10. Tried the upgrade and a fresh clean install.
So basically after everything is up and running my wireless works without an issue. But after the screen goes off and you turn it back on the wifi says connected but not a single webpage or network link will open. Changing access point, have different wifi routers here, while the issue is present (like in always) results in a wifi connect but no data at all. The only thing that works is a reboot.
I also checked to see if I could ping the default gateway (192.168.1.1 in my case) and not a single reply. I thought it was a bug in the power saving options, but as far as I can see it there are no options available in the wifi driver settings.
Tried different Realtek driver versions btw.

I tried this in Android and no issues at all.

Last edited:

nephrotranz

May 17, 2015
System OEM Information

Hi,

i did a clean install and everything is running smoothly, but as I used a new Windows 10 ISO of course my System OEM Information was deleted (showing the manufacturer, phone no., support times etc.)

Could someone who did a "normal" upgrade or is still running Windows 8.1 do me a favor and export this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation

and upload it somewhere or mail it to me?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

snakemetal

Jul 30, 2013
Hi
Just bought one of these from ebay and when i connected the USB c charger i kept getting a message saying the device connected to the usb had malfunctioned over and over (very annoying)
So i decided to factory reset windows 10 by going through the windows 10 options to rest my pc
It took about a hour to do and then got stuck in a boot loop with a window popping up saying something like windows could not install press ok to start again and then it just loops back to that same pop up

So id like to factory reset the tablet ive ordered a usb c to regualr usb to connect a keyboard
Ive been to http://www.needrom.com to get the official rom for it
But the .rar is not a ISO image
Can someone kindly link me a guide to installing windows 10 back onto the tablet please
thanks

lukesan

May 1, 2009
After a full week of trying everything, drivers, drivers, .... on windows 10 I finally used my win8.1 pro key that I once bought. Installed fine and nice. Drivers and how and in which order they were installed was important. But on win8.1 my wifi speeds remain normal and always up and running while on windows 10 they were an absolute disaster.

A nice tool I recommend to everyone is http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchmousepointer/en-us/index.html
Most apps are way to small to use a finger and this thing creates a onscreen mousepad that you can easily switch on/off. Seems like an absolute lifesaver.
So no windows 10 for me on this tablet ... had enough wasting a complete week and frustration.

djfred

Apr 23, 2007
Dear friends

hello
I just want to change two thing:

1. root the android with the easiest way
2. increase the free space with deleting any extra no needed file or directory, or moving the restore iso file to my desktop.

already read 8 first page but there were no answer to my questions

thanks

Riuujin

Apr 21, 2015
after resetting windows my touch is all wrong (inverted) i tried removing and installing the touch driver mentioned in "http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/how-to-update-to-windows-10-on-chuwi-vi8/" but the behavior stays. are there any other steps i need to take to fix this?

BlueFlame

Jan 21, 2008
Almere
after resetting windows my touch is all wrong (inverted) i tried removing and installing the touch driver mentioned in "http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/how-to-update-to-windows-10-on-chuwi-vi8/" but the behavior stays. are there any other steps i need to take to fix this?
Search this thread and the chiwi website (with google translate) for drivers for your model (serial).
They use different drivers for different serials, so pick a driver that is suited for your device.

Reactions: mpjones84

djfred

Apr 23, 2007
Dear friends

hello
I just want to change two thing:

1. root the android with the easiest way
2. increase the free space with deleting any extra no needed file or directory, or moving the restore iso file to my desktop.

already read 8 first page but there were no answer to my questions

thanks
anyone?
please share the solution

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Is it possible to install os to my tablet if i have wiped it's hard drive?
Yes, you need to flash it with genuine firmware from Chuwi forums. Search for my posts in this thread, I share a few links and my experience of a fresh flash from fully wiped device (it's quite complicated and involved).

Note however that you will probably lose Windows 8 license, they key included in official firmware has been blocked. I had no issue because I already got free upgrade to Windows 10 before and kept key for it, but Windows 8 was still no longer genuine.

Sent from Xperia Z via Tapatalk

asadi0219

Mar 13, 2016
Hi friends; i buy vi8 dual os 2months ago and i thought i need just windows partitions and therefor, i delete android portion from tablet with github instruction but now i wanted seriously android version but I don't know how to flash tablet dual os for having dual os again, please give me instruction as soon as possible..... thank u

tiagao_extremo

Jan 8, 2014
Hi, i'm hoping someone could help me with a question about usb hubs. After i bought my chuwi vi8 i was using this generic usb hub otg:

http://aliexpress.com/item/4-Port-M...ndroid-Tablet-Smartphone-YKS/32341401782.html

Surely it was working just fine and it actually could charge and otg at the same time, even with my external hd attached to it which is wonderful for a device with just one single micro usb port available. Unfortunately it just stopped working a few days ago, and it barely had a few months of usage. I had this other usb hub otg from acacis, which has a better build quality, but it's a disappointment because it can't really charge and connect devices at the same time. Even setting it to the position 2 it will still discharge a little bit over time:
http://aliexpress.com/item/10070TW-...-Simultaneous-Charging-Power/32278209427.html

Now i need to buy another usb hub, but i would like a recomendation from anyone for a hub usb otg that it actually works. Surely i could just buy another of this generic one, but if anyone could show me a better and real option i would be really grateful for it. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts