• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CHUWI Vi8 Plus Unboxing, Performance, Battery, Camera review

Search This thread

FumiJ

Oct 5, 2015
Now i would like to share Chuwi VI8 Plus tablet pc review with you. This is the windows 10 OS tablet pc, which be the other version of Chuwi VI8 dual boot model. Chuwi VI8 Plus is built in Type C port to be the nice version for most users. Chuwi Tablet PC has made big progress in the past few years. It has provided us not only the nice and affordable price, but also the ultra wonderful performance.

cUN11cY.jpg

Chuwi VI8 plus highlights overview:

Operating system:*Windows10 OS
Display:*8 Inch*IPS*1280*800, 10 Points Capacitive touch screen
CPU:*Intel Cherry Trail X5 Z8300 Quad Core 1.84GHz CPU
Storage:*2GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM, T-Flash 64GB max
Dual cameras:*Front 2.0MP + Rear 2.0MP
Functions:*Support Bluetooth 4.0/OTG/HDMI/WiFi/Type-C

CpSc0Ud.jpg

Build & Quality:

Chuwi VI8 Plus is made of plastic material, it has USB Type C port, the demension has 211.2mm length, 123.2 width and 9.3mm height, it weigh 350g which is easy to handle and take or bring. It has HDMI and Type C port which has much progress than that of Chuwi VI8 tablet pc.
It has 8inch 1280 *800 screen display and support 10 points capacitive touch screen. To some degree, the screen size is reasonable for a convenient tablet pc. And the screen resolution also gives us the nice video playing or games playing. I don't have to buy a ipad mini to spend much money with low performance. This Chuwi VI8 plus can gives us that ipad which will not provide. And Chuwi VI8 plus has supported Windows 10 OS , which is the latest OS like a real PC.You can treat this tablet pc like a computer to do office work, and personal recreation.
Therefore, i am so satisfied with this Chuwi VI8 Plus with this kind of design and quality. BTW, the screen also responses so quickly.

vfIqEpq.jpg

CPU and Internal storage:

Chuwi VI8 plus this time is powered by Intel Cherry Trail X5 Z8300 Quad Core 1.84GHz CPU and 2GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM, and it can be expandable to 64GB by TF card. As you know Cherry Trail X5 is the lastest chipset of Intel company. and the performance will be compared with a computer. Altought it just has Quad core processor, when you paly games , you can feel the outstanding power than those dual core tablet PC. So you don't have to worry about the playing speed. And it has RAM 2GB and ROM 32GB which can support download many apps as i want. Of course, i just download the useful apps. I am afraid it will run slowly. Meanwhile, if you think the storage is not enough for you to use, you can add the tf card to expand the storage to 64GB. i bet it will be defintely large enough to use.

0Ci6ajS.jpg

Dual cameras:*

Chuwi vi8 plus has improved the dual camera with front 2.0mp and Rear 2.0mp camera, due to the last tablet Chuiw VI8 with only 0.2mp front camera, this time Chuwi VI8 plus has 2.0mp front camera with can be used well in facing time or video chat. Of course i can also take selfies by it. And the back camera 2.0 mp also let me take some vivid pictures, although it can't be matched the smartphone with 13MP camera.

95nvNG1.jpg

Battery Life:

With only a 4000 mAh battery inside is it enough? Using Battery Bar Pro, your looking around 5-6hours hours of normal web, video and doc use depending on what your doing and screen brightness of course. Personally I would have liked an hour or so more here, but it seems size or most likely cost constraints came into play in terms of battery capacity. But overall it’s good for an 8 inch Windows tablet.

z5nGOmP.jpg

Final Thought:

I am so satisfied with Chuwi VI8 Plus right now, i spend less and get a windows 10 OS tablet pc to support USB Type C charging. It also has HDMI port which is the one of most features i like. Of course , i don't know if you like the 8 inch screen size. So how do you feel about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: lykos_

[email protected]

Nov 18, 2015
Great specs for the price. I would like a bigger battery, but 4000mAh are enough. And what about connectivity? Does it have an HDMI? Also, are there any other versions such as dual boot (Android+Windows) as the Chuwi Vi8 or does it come just with Windows?

FumiJ

Oct 5, 2015
Great specs for the price. I would like a bigger battery, but 4000mAh are enough. And what about connectivity? Does it have an HDMI? Also, are there any other versions such as dual boot (Android+Windows) as the Chuwi Vi8 or does it come just with Windows?

yeah, it supports HDMI port, and Onda V820w CH has similar specs at Chuwi VI8 Plus. you can compare them and make the choice. It supports Windows 10 OS and Android os, too. Any other idea ?

PeteSco

Dec 18, 2015
Chuwi VI8 is the old version, it has Windows 8.1 OS, and Chuwi vi8 plus has the Windows 10 OS. Better performance. :D
Oh ok, that's a nice upgrade, I really like the USB type-C integration, I always get so nervous when I've to put my tablet on charge because I feel like the proprietary charging connector could break any time.
Is this on sale already?

Reactions: StuDB

FumiJ

Oct 5, 2015
Oh ok, that's a nice upgrade, I really like the USB type-C integration, I always get so nervous when I've to put my tablet on charge because I feel like the proprietary charging connector could break any time.
Is this on sale already?

Yeah, i guess so, you can check and compare, then make the choice, but USB Type C connection is an outstanding feature for most users. This is the new progress for Chuwi VI8 Plus tablet pc .

PeteSco

Dec 18, 2015
i especielly like the usb-c port, since just a month ago i had to replace my old phone due to a broken usb port. this looks like a very good value for money, sold in under 100$ in geekbuying.
shop video review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpyYm3cfBi0&feature=youtu.be
and product page if anyone is interested:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUW...-IPS-1280-800-HDMI-Type-C---Black-360389.html
Thanks dude! Seems to be working smoothly, really nice.

[email protected]

Nov 18, 2015
i especielly like the usb-c port, since just a month ago i had to replace my old phone due to a broken usb port. this looks like a very good value for money, sold in under 100$ in geekbuying.
shop video review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpyYm3cfBi0&feature=youtu.be
and product page if anyone is interested:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUW...-IPS-1280-800-HDMI-Type-C---Black-360389.html
Thanks, it seems very neat. At that price tag, I guess I have to give it a try.

nighthawk_al

Dec 30, 2015
Hello guys,

Have any of you tried this tablet for reading?
I am looking for a cheap tablet to use as an e-reader. This one seems to have a high-quality display on paper, but is it really good, does it strain your eyes?
Also could anybody tell if there is any difference between Chuwi and other similar Chinese brands that you can find on geekbuy or gearbest, like Onda or Techlast?

abillio

Oct 19, 2012
not good for reading in my opinion
the screen is too dark for me and becomes darker after about 140° viewing angle
windows 10 is not my way by many aspects. Anyway.
Is there a possibility to flash an android system on Chuwi vi8 plus?

nighthawk_al

Dec 30, 2015
not good for reading in my opinion
the screen is too dark for me and becomes darker after about 140° viewing angle
windows 10 is not my way by many aspects. Anyway.

Thanks for the info. I kinda like W10, and I also need it in my tablet, in order to have some productivity on the move.
Maybe I will have to go for the more expensive MI Pad 2. It's screen seems way better, and aspect ratio 4:3 is more suitable for reading.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now i would like to share Chuwi VI8 Plus tablet pc review with you. This is the windows 10 OS tablet pc, which be the other version of Chuwi VI8 dual boot model. Chuwi VI8 Plus is built in Type C port to be the nice version for most users. Chuwi Tablet PC has made big progress in the past few years. It has provided us not only the nice and affordable price, but also the ultra wonderful performance.

cUN11cY.jpg

Chuwi VI8 plus highlights overview:

Operating system:*Windows10 OS
    Display:*8 Inch*IPS*1280*800, 10 Points Capacitive touch screen
    CPU:*Intel Cherry Trail X5 Z8300 Quad Core 1.84GHz CPU
    Storage:*2GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM, T-Flash 64GB max
    Dual cameras:*Front 2.0MP + Rear 2.0MP
    Functions:*Support Bluetooth 4.0/OTG/HDMI/WiFi/Type-C

CpSc0Ud.jpg

Build & Quality:

Chuwi VI8 Plus is made of plastic material, it has USB Type C port, the demension has 211.2mm length, 123.2 width and 9.3mm height, it weigh 350g which is easy to handle and take or bring. It has HDMI and Type C port which has much progress than that of Chuwi VI8 tablet pc.
    It has 8inch 1280 *800 screen display and support 10 points capacitive touch screen. To some degree, the screen size is reasonable for a convenient tablet pc. And the screen resolution also gives us the nice video playing or games playing. I don't have to buy a ipad mini to spend much money with low performance. This Chuwi VI8 plus can gives us that ipad which will not provide. And Chuwi VI8 plus has supported Windows 10 OS , which is the latest OS like a real PC.You can treat this tablet pc like a computer to do office work, and personal recreation.
    Therefore, i am so satisfied with this Chuwi VI8 Plus with this kind of design and quality. BTW, the screen also responses so quickly.

vfIqEpq.jpg

CPU and Internal storage:

Chuwi VI8 plus this time is powered by Intel Cherry Trail X5 Z8300 Quad Core 1.84GHz CPU and 2GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM, and it can be expandable to 64GB by TF card. As you know Cherry Trail X5 is the lastest chipset of Intel company. and the performance will be compared with a computer. Altought it just has Quad core processor, when you paly games , you can feel the outstanding power than those dual core tablet PC. So you don't have to worry about the playing speed. And it has RAM 2GB and ROM 32GB which can support download many apps as i want. Of course, i just download the useful apps. I am afraid it will run slowly. Meanwhile, if you think the storage is not enough for you to use, you can add the tf card to expand the storage to 64GB. i bet it will be defintely large enough to use.

0Ci6ajS.jpg

Dual cameras:*

Chuwi vi8 plus has improved the dual camera with front 2.0mp and Rear 2.0mp camera, due to the last tablet Chuiw VI8 with only 0.2mp front camera, this time Chuwi VI8 plus has 2.0mp front camera with can be used well in facing time or video chat. Of course i can also take selfies by it. And the back camera 2.0 mp also let me take some vivid pictures, although it can't be matched the smartphone with 13MP camera.

95nvNG1.jpg

Battery Life:

With only a 4000 mAh battery inside is it enough? Using Battery Bar Pro, your looking around 5-6hours hours of normal web, video and doc use depending on what your doing and screen brightness of course. Personally I would have liked an hour or so more here, but it seems size or most likely cost constraints came into play in terms of battery capacity. But overall it’s good for an 8 inch Windows tablet.

z5nGOmP.jpg

Final Thought:

I am so satisfied with Chuwi VI8 Plus right now, i spend less and get a windows 10 OS tablet pc to support USB Type C charging. It also has HDMI port which is the one of most features i like. Of course , i don't know if you like the 8 inch screen size. So how do you feel about it?
    Chuwi VI8 is the old version, it has Windows 8.1 OS, and Chuwi vi8 plus has the Windows 10 OS. Better performance. :D
    Is this on sale already?
    Does it have a plastic or glass screen? Thanks
    Plastic.

Le X820 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi