Citi bank app detects root(Magisk hide is not working)

Search This thread
latest Citi app happen again , new Citi version app can detect root / magisk .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-02-19-11-03-724_com.citibank.mobile.hk.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-02-19-11-03-724_com.citibank.mobile.hk.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 53

Stillhard

Sep 25, 2016
No problem here, Magisk v23 + Last Riru + Riru-LSPosed + My own module + Riru-USNF + Riru-Momohider, etc

photo_2022-05-05_14-25-27.jpgphoto_2022-05-05_14-25-43.jpgphoto_2022-05-05_14-25-47.jpgphoto_2022-05-05_14-25-39.jpgphoto_2022-05-05_14-25-51.jpg

simplydat

Oct 13, 2009
Anyone figured out a way to use Citi Bank app without island?

What exactly is Citi detecting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a note:
    Everytime there's a new update at this moment, just uninstall the one in island / shelter. Re-check your denylist for the updated citi app. And reclone your new updated citi app.

It should still work.
    use airfrozen and then its working
    Same issue here on SM-N910G with crDroid custom ROM. I needed to have the "Hide the Magisk app" settting enabled in conjunction with Airfrozen. Just freezing the Magisk app wasn't enough. Note: this isn't the MagiskHide setting I'm referring to; that setting was enabled the whole time.

Steps that worked for me (Magisk 23.0) was:

1. In Magisk, add Citi to the hide list first (of course)
    2. In Magisk, don't use "Hide the Magisk app". I.e. the app is listed as Magisk in the app drawer.
    3. Then, install Airfrozen and grant root access (I wouldn't get the grant root access prompt unless #2 above was done)
    4. Now, in Magisk, enable "Hide the Magisk app" and go through that process to rename to 'settings' or whatever.
    5. Now, open up Airfrozen and select "settings" (or whatever name you used in 4). Freeze it.
    6. Citi app now launches and loads the login screen

Hope that helps someone
    use airfrozen and then its working
    After August app update, Citibank is stuck on blue screen WITHOUT any notification!
    Obviously it detects magisk root, and all hiding procedures failed (magisk 23.0 / no busybox installed).
    Applying airfrozen (on magisk manager) fix the issue while root stays active.
    Ta (y)
    Hi All,

CITI bank App is detecting root. No matter what I do, Magiskhide fails to hide CITI bank app. Tried all the basic troubleshooting.
    1. Restored the Magisk app and unchecked CITI bank app from the list.(shield icon)
    2. Rebooted and added CITI bank to list.
    3. Changed magisk manager name(Hide the app)
    4. Changed the Twrp folder name.
    5. Cleared cache for CITI bank.

If anyone could possibly help, I'll be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
    Were you able to solve this? I am also facing the same issue. Please let me know.
    After August app update, Citibank is stuck on blue screen WITHOUT any notification!
    Obviously it detects magisk root, and all hiding procedures failed (magisk 23.0 / no busybox installed).
    Applying airfrozen (on magisk manager) fix the issue while root stays active.
    Ta (y)

me too. just found this post, installed airfrozen and freezed magisk and now citibank works (busybox doesnt matter for me). however, one of the hsbc app still doesnt work even with busybox renamed and magisk freezed