Citi bank app detects root(Magisk hide is not working)

Search This thread

SamantaSync

Feb 28, 2013
Isla de Muerta
Xiaomi Poco F3
Been there done that. Citibank app detects it. Including the storage isolation trick.

The only thing to access it is only by :
1. Downgrade to 22.1 (not recommend)
2. Use airfrozen
3. Uninstall magisk ?
after using the trick, did you try to clear app data and enable only the main process on magisk hide? (isolated process disbled)

EDIT: and try to use the hide the magisk app in the setting ( it change the name of the app so the bank app cant find magisk app on the phone)

EDIT2: oh yeah btw, which citi bank app did you use? maybe I can try it myself so I can be a bit of help :D

Last edited:

dewa5227

Oct 31, 2010
Surabaya
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
after using the trick, did you try to clear app data and enable only the main process on magisk hide? (isolated process disbled)

EDIT: and try to use the hide the magisk app in the setting ( it change the name of the app so the bank app cant find magisk app on the phone)

EDIT2: oh yeah btw, which citi bank app did you use? maybe I can try it myself so I can be a bit of help :D
been there done all of them, hahaha

it's the Citi Mobile Indonesia.

Latest versions of Magisk couldn't work with Citibank app, it will just stucked at the Citibank logo. If any one can bypass it, it would be great.

I've uploaded the apk just in case if it's restricted to region on playstore.

Citi Mobile Indonesia: https://www.mirrored.to/files/OY8WZRW7/

Citi Mobile Singapore: https://www.mirrored.to/files/1AAEFR0P/

Hi Diagrax,

I'm on Android 11, using Magisk 23.0 (23000)(21) with Airfrozen and can run "Citi mobile Indonesia" using the method I explained previously in this thread. Just checking you've tried that?

Reactions: Diagrax

Diagrax

Mar 8, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi Diagrax,

I'm on Android 11, using Magisk 23.0 (23000)(21) with Airfrozen and can run "Citi mobile Indonesia" using the method I explained previously in this thread. Just checking you've tried that?
Thanks. Yup, I tried but couldnt get it to work still. I might be on the canary (Magisk) version.. not sure it could be the another reason too.

ChocoboX

Sep 6, 2010
Just wanted to report that I got Citi Bank app to work. Magisk 23 stable on Pixel 4 XL Android 11. I disabled Magisk modules. Renamed Magisk to something else (not settings). Disabled face unlock authentication for root. Used Magisk hide for all Citi Bank app connections. Deleted Citi app (cache and data). Opened it again and it just worked. Hope this helps someone.

altafharsh60

Mar 9, 2016
Finally. All apps are working again. Using zygisk feature of MAgisk. It's really great at hiding root for all apps. With no additional apps like airfrozen or any module required.

Patchlk84

Jan 27, 2022
Updated to Android 12 and v24 zygisk feature. deleted app and it's data/cache and still only achieving blue screen. Using Samsung s21 ultra. Any suggestions? Or is it working for others?

ricky56789

Feb 24, 2011
Same issue here on SM-N910G with crDroid custom ROM. I needed to have the "Hide the Magisk app" settting enabled in conjunction with Airfrozen. Just freezing the Magisk app wasn't enough. Note: this isn't the MagiskHide setting I'm referring to; that setting was enabled the whole time.

Steps that worked for me (Magisk 23.0) was:

1. In Magisk, add Citi to the hide list first (of course)
2. In Magisk, don't use "Hide the Magisk app". I.e. the app is listed as Magisk in the app drawer.
3. Then, install Airfrozen and grant root access (I wouldn't get the grant root access prompt unless #2 above was done)
4. Now, in Magisk, enable "Hide the Magisk app" and go through that process to rename to 'settings' or whatever.
5. Now, open up Airfrozen and select "settings" (or whatever name you used in 4). Freeze it.
6. Citi app now launches and loads the login screen

Hope that helps someone
You are a legend. Thanks!

heij20032003

Mar 23, 2009
Thanks all....I am now fine with my local banking app.

Just a question......will AirFrozen affect the normal functioning of Magisk / Root?
How does AirFrozen actually work?

Reactions: ToddBonzalez

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    use airfrozen and then its working
    Same issue here on SM-N910G with crDroid custom ROM. I needed to have the "Hide the Magisk app" settting enabled in conjunction with Airfrozen. Just freezing the Magisk app wasn't enough. Note: this isn't the MagiskHide setting I'm referring to; that setting was enabled the whole time.

Steps that worked for me (Magisk 23.0) was:

1. In Magisk, add Citi to the hide list first (of course)
    2. In Magisk, don't use "Hide the Magisk app". I.e. the app is listed as Magisk in the app drawer.
    3. Then, install Airfrozen and grant root access (I wouldn't get the grant root access prompt unless #2 above was done)
    4. Now, in Magisk, enable "Hide the Magisk app" and go through that process to rename to 'settings' or whatever.
    5. Now, open up Airfrozen and select "settings" (or whatever name you used in 4). Freeze it.
    6. Citi app now launches and loads the login screen

Hope that helps someone
    use airfrozen and then its working
    After August app update, Citibank is stuck on blue screen WITHOUT any notification!
    Obviously it detects magisk root, and all hiding procedures failed (magisk 23.0 / no busybox installed).
    Applying airfrozen (on magisk manager) fix the issue while root stays active.
    Ta (y)
    Hi All,

CITI bank App is detecting root. No matter what I do, Magiskhide fails to hide CITI bank app. Tried all the basic troubleshooting.
    1. Restored the Magisk app and unchecked CITI bank app from the list.(shield icon)
    2. Rebooted and added CITI bank to list.
    3. Changed magisk manager name(Hide the app)
    4. Changed the Twrp folder name.
    5. Cleared cache for CITI bank.

If anyone could possibly help, I'll be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
    Were you able to solve this? I am also facing the same issue. Please let me know.
    After August app update, Citibank is stuck on blue screen WITHOUT any notification!
    Obviously it detects magisk root, and all hiding procedures failed (magisk 23.0 / no busybox installed).
    Applying airfrozen (on magisk manager) fix the issue while root stays active.
    Ta (y)

me too. just found this post, installed airfrozen and freezed magisk and now citibank works (busybox doesnt matter for me). however, one of the hsbc app still doesnt work even with busybox renamed and magisk freezed