Clarification on Firmware Details

Search This thread

arjunpaliath

Jun 23, 2012
Chennai
I need to know what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC in the *1234# menu? Is there a thread which explains this?
I am new to Android rooting flashing etc, but was a symbian developer. Is the codes similar to to product codes in Nokia for firmwares versions?

And if I do flash a firmware with a diff CSC code or AP (I dont know which is different) will it work. And also will I be able to go back to my original?
This is my screenshot of my phone's code, I am from Chennai, India.
screenshot2012082817575.png

khurram.khu

Apr 21, 2012
Lucknow
Answer

I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad :crying:.
So, here is the Answer to your First Question:
I need to know what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC in the *1234# menu? Is there a thread which explains this?
AP, CP, CSC correspond with PDA, PHONE and CSC respectively.
Once again:
AP = PDA
CP = PHONE or MODEM
CSC = CSC :p

Is the codes similar to to product codes in Nokia for firmwares versions?
Kind of but not totally. Combination of AP, CP and CSC are much more complex than that of Nokia firmware versions.

if I do flash a firmware with a diff CSC code or AP (I dont know which is different) will it work. And also will I be able to go back to my original?
If you do flash a firmware with a different CSC code or AP then your Phone might not work properly ie. you may have problems in recieving Mobile Network, Wifi, Radio, etc. Worst case is that you may Brick your phone (though this is very unlikely)
Lastly, Yes you will be able to go back to your original firmware by flashing the original/stock firmware for your phone using Odin 3 provided your phone is not bricked. :angel: :fingers-crossed:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad

As i said its in the stickys basic faqs and guides .

PDA refers to the build version of the software/firmware

Phone refers to the baseband/modem version

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

jje

khurram.khu

Apr 21, 2012
Lucknow
I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

jje

Yes, I know about the stickies. But it wont harm anybody if the info if posted here again. Besides I was replying to the question about "what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC ". :eek::D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Answer

I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad :crying:.
    So, here is the Answer to your First Question:
    AP, CP, CSC correspond with PDA, PHONE and CSC respectively.
    Once again:
    AP = PDA
    CP = PHONE or MODEM
    CSC = CSC :p

Is the codes similar to to product codes in Nokia for firmwares versions?
    Kind of but not totally. Combination of AP, CP and CSC are much more complex than that of Nokia firmware versions.

if I do flash a firmware with a diff CSC code or AP (I dont know which is different) will it work. And also will I be able to go back to my original?
    If you do flash a firmware with a different CSC code or AP then your Phone might not work properly ie. you may have problems in recieving Mobile Network, Wifi, Radio, etc. Worst case is that you may Brick your phone (though this is very unlikely)
    Lastly, Yes you will be able to go back to your original firmware by flashing the original/stock firmware for your phone using Odin 3 provided your phone is not bricked. :angel: :fingers-crossed:

jje

jje

Yes, I know about the stickies. But it wont harm anybody if the info if posted here again. Besides I was replying to the question about "what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC ". :eek::D
    All in the stickies .
    What are the 'stickies?':confused:
    Yes, I know about the stickies.
    I don't!!!:eek: