[clark] Unofficial 18.1

Search This thread

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
@Wheels564 This screenshot is Android 10 on my Moto G Power showing what the VoLTE toggle looks like and what is missing in this ROM.

The description for VoLTE in your G4 is the exact same description as Advanced Calling in 18.1. In Clark with 14.1 It is call Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. Did you find Advanced Calling when you did the search of 18.1? If so the only way to find out if it works is to try it with a sim. I may try my sim this weekend to see if I can enable it in 18.1. Also I see Chris is working on some updates :)

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Screenshot_20210304-192543_Settings.png

The description for VoLTE in your G4 is the exact same description as Advanced Calling in 18.1. In Clark with 14.1 It is call Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. Did you find Advanced Calling when you did the search of 18.1? If so the only way to find out if it works is to try it with a sim. I may try my sim this weekend to see if I can enable it in 18.1. Also I see Chris is working on some updates :)
Here is a screen shot of 18.1 with a working Verizon SIM. No VoLTE toggle and no HD calls working. If you put in an ATT SIM it will be instantly deactivated and you will have to call them to have it reactivated. I tried it 2 times (slow learner). VoLTE at ATT is configured in the SIM and I do not think there is a toggle in settings. I also think the toggle doesn't show if the phone does not support VoLTE as is the case here. I'm not sure he deactivated the toggle on purpose, maybe just won't show when phone does not support it. I pressed him in 17.1 thread about VoLTE so search over there to find his response. No VoLTE on LOS since 14.1.

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
Here is a screen shot of 18.1 with a working Verizon SIM. No VoLTE toggle and no HD calls working. If you put in an ATT SIM it will be instantly deactivated and you will have to call them to have it reactivated. I tried it 2 times (slow learner). VoLTE at ATT is configured in the SIM and I do not think there is a toggle in settings. I also think the toggle doesn't show if the phone does not support VoLTE as is the case here. I'm not sure he deactivated the toggle on purpose, maybe just won't show when phone does not support it. I pressed him in 17.1 thread about VoLTE so search over there to find his response. No VoLTE on LOS since 14.1.

Did you find Advanced calling when you did a search in settings? If so did you try to enable it? The option does't necessarily have to be in data settings. Alot of settings got moved around in 18.1 I found the advanced calling toggle when I was looking for advanced restart. I'll try toggling that option Saturday when I don't need my phone for business and my wife is home with here verizon phone. Remember on 14.1 its not called VoLTE its called Enhanced 4g lte mode.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Does anyone know whether the new official twrp version also works?
Did you find Advanced calling when you did a search in settings? If so did you try to enable it? The option does't necessarily have to be in data settings. Alot of settings got moved around in 18.1 I found the advanced calling toggle when I was looking for advanced restart. I'll try toggling that option Saturday when I don't need my phone for business and my wife is home with here verizon phone. Remember on 14.1 its not called VoLTE its called Enhanced 4g lte mode.
I did the search for advanced restart and it took me to the same page with nothing there. I know the terminology changes. 4g LTE mode was the code word since before 14.1 I think. VoLTE is now the current popular term which is rationally descriptive advancement. You can give the Verizon SIM a try. Good luck. I couldn't get the SIM to work at all until I started with SIM onboard and flashed stock and worked up. See if you can find his post from 17.1 forum.

chrmhoffmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2006
New build uploaded. Fixes
1) AUX / Line-out
2) Encryption

I will not be able to fix VoLTE - I am afraid. I dropped also the DMSprint APKs as they keep crashing.

For disabled SIMs: I would suggest to try to activate the SIMs with the original/stock motorola ROM and see if this helps to provision them.

Thanks for the testing & feedback !

Chris

moviefirst

Nov 3, 2018
New build uploaded. Fixes
1) AUX / Line-out
2) Encryption

I will not be able to fix VoLTE - I am afraid. I dropped also the DMSprint APKs as they keep crashing.

For disabled SIMs: I would suggest to try to activate the SIMs with the original/stock motorola ROM and see if this helps to provision them.

Thanks for the testing & feedback !

Chris

Hello Chris, thx for the build. I did a dirty flash and couldn't unlock my phone anymore. It gave a faulty unlock pattern. I had to format data.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I will not be able to fix VoLTE - I am afraid. For disabled SIMs: I would suggest to try to activate the SIMs with the original/stock motorola ROM and see if this helps to provision them.
:(ATT started disabling any SIM cards on banned phones that do not have VoLTE at the first of the year. I knew about this but was caught off guard and the SIM was disabled in 18.1. I flashed back to stock and SIM did not work. I had to ask ATT to re-activate it. Then it worked on stock. I flashed 14.1 and the SIM worked. Then I flashed 18.1 again and SIM was once again disabled requiring 2nd call to ATT.

Verizon SIM also found to not work on 18.1. Googled and they started dropping CDMA phones at the first of the year as well. LTE ran for 30 seconds and dropped down to 3G. It was not disabled. I flashed back to stock and SIM worked with VoLTE. I flashed 14.1 and SIM worked with VoLTE. I flashed 18.1 and, to my surprise, SIM worked but no VoLTE as expected. I have left it well enough alone now it works but expect they will eventually find me and it will stop working.

No VoLTE will be a problem.

Can we get it to pass Saftey net on Magisk?

I flashed the update and I had the same problem as @moviefirst and it was unable to unlock my phone as PIN was unrecognized. Don't want to reformat data and hoping you can post a fixed update. I could see that the Verizon SIM was still working, that's a plus.

Last edited:

Wheels564

Apr 13, 2019
Genoa, U.S.A.
I flashed the update and I had the same problem as @moviefirst and it was unable to unlock my phone as PIN was unrecognized. Don't want to reformat data and hoping you can post a fixed update. I could see that the Verizon SIM was still working, that's a plus.

I would expect to do clean installs at least until he merges his commits with the official lineage tree.

Reactions: kb8no

moviefirst

Nov 3, 2018
Wow, very nice build! After format data/clean install I am experiencing a very smooth and nice build. Navigation gestures also smooth, camera takes quick and nice pictures, speakers also sounds great without crackling. Didn't test phonecalls with whatsapp etc... yet. Thanks Chris!

chrmhoffmann

Nov 11, 2006
On 18.1 a gatekeeper implementation is necessary. As Motorola didn't do it on N the situation is to either switch to Software keystore and gatekeeper or to copy an implementation from another device. I tried the second way and took implementation from ether (Nextbit Robin). Both approaches will be incompatible with older versions of lineage and will require a factory reset.

Chris

chrmhoffmann

Nov 11, 2006
I installed Magisk with the lineage recovery (and then installed the app) and it seems to work. Using Magisk Hide also passes the SafetyNet check. But I don't know if this really works (neither what it's good for).

Chris

Reactions: [email protected]

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
@chrmhoffmann thanks for gatekeeper explanation and reason for not recognizing previous PIN. Still would not let me start but had to "log in with Google" and then OK.

MagiskHide indeed let's phone pass SafetyNet.

Netflix works.

Microsoft Intune passes until recognizes phone is rooted and Teams is blocked as would also happen to other MS Office apps from work.

Phone calls work fine (no VoLTE of course)

Agree with smoothness of this ROM. Very nice.

Oct 15, 2019
Thank you very much for the firmware! I noticed the gesture sensors do not always work and do not turn on the screen. The testors work and include the screen only with the third time (on the movement of the hand, only with the second or third attempt, the screen is inserted)

moviefirst

Nov 3, 2018
Thank you very much for the firmware! I noticed the gesture sensors do not always work and do not turn on the screen. The testors work and include the screen only with the third time (on the movement of the hand, only with the second or third attempt, the screen is inserted)

With the previous build that was indeed the case, on this new build (clean flash) every handwave gesture wakes-up the screen nicely. No issue here on my side.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone