• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Clearing cache partition

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Timing is everything. Relax... I hit reboot and once the screen flashes off hold the volume up button until the menu comes up.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Try this:
  1. Power down the smartphone.
  2. Then wait a few seconds for it to completely shut down. ...
  3. Now press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
  4. And continue holding these two buttons down even after the Galaxy S21 starts to boot back up.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If your timing is off with the button push it will do that. Sometimes it takes one time, sometimes 2 or 3. Don't power off; hit restart. Before it starts to boot have the volume up button depressed.

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I gave up. I am going to shi...y Samsung Store tomorrow to do this. It is unbelievable. All my browsers lags and I cannot simply clear a cache. Every day I am regretting swap from 1+8 pro. I thought Samsung changed since I had s8 but no - it is even more laggy, bloated. They do and sell the best hardware but simply have no clue about software optimisation. Thanks all for help

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
I can assure that clearing cache partition will have zero impact to your issues.

Why are you so certain the cache partition is the answer?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I can assure that clearing cache partition will have zero impact to your issues.

Saying it won't work is impossible to predict. If it does work, and many times it does, the issue is gone... a cheap but good trick.
Clearing the system cache is part of the light maintenance I do or when odd behavior occurs.

Reactions: EEngineer

heartyparty

Sep 3, 2009
I couldn't get it to work either, until I had the usb cable connected to my laptop - then it was able to boot in to recovery mode and let me clear the cache.

I tried it just with the cable in the phone, the cable in the charger and the phone, no cable and the only way it worked was with the cable connected to laptop and phone with the laptop powered on.

Odd!

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I couldn't get it to work either, until I had the usb cable connected to my laptop - then it was able to boot in to recovery mode and let me clear the cache.

I tried it just with the cable in the phone, the cable in the charger and the phone, no cable and the only way it worked was with the cable connected to laptop and phone with the laptop powered on.

Odd!
That's very strange behavior.
Maybe a firmware, C port PCB or mobo issue.
Keep an eye on it... no likey.

miltos74

Jul 19, 2014
Try this:
  2. Connect the phone with PC or laptop via USB cable OR while your phone is closed connect a type c USB memory stick.
  3. Now press first Volume Up button and then the Power button (don't leave the Volume Up button)
  4. And continue holding these two buttons down even after the Galaxy S21 starts to boot up.
  5. You will see the recovery options to your screen.

Reactions: prfraczek

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Try this:
  2. Connect the phone with PC or laptop via USB cable OR while your phone is closed connect a type c USB memory stick.
  3. Now press first Volume Up button and then the Power button (don't leave the Volume Up button)
  4. And continue holding these two buttons down even after the Galaxy S21 starts to boot up.
This did the trick. Thank you so much for it. Even more, chrome lag gone!

• Love
Reactions: AsAnine63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Saying it won't work is impossible to predict. If it does work, and many times it does, the issue is gone... a cheap but good trick.
    Clearing the system cache is part of the light maintenance I do or when odd behavior occurs.

Odd!
    Try this:
    Try this:
    I'm happy for helping my friend. Have a nice day.