Clock Mods

Search This thread

NinetoFive

Jul 7, 2011
I basically don't bother taking the OTA for feature drop quarter months until Tulsadiver spoon feeds me with this update because I hate the left clock so much.

Sucks that Pixel 3 isn't getting adaptive charging either

NinetoFive

Jul 7, 2011
@Tulsadiver Are you planning on updating this mod?
My phone glitched out and I had to full wipe and install latest and every day seeing the clock on the left is grinding my gears lol

Is there documentation on a way we could do it ourselves? I'm looking for the center clock and tried to use substratum but it looked like that mod was for an older version too

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
@Tulsadiver Are you planning on updating this mod?
My phone glitched out and I had to full wipe and install latest and every day seeing the clock on the left is grinding my gears lol

Is there documentation on a way we could do it ourselves? I'm looking for the center clock and tried to use substratum but it looked like that mod was for an older version too
I'll update them. Here are instructions for a center clock.....

Decompile your SystemUIGoogle.apk. Remove the entire code for the clock from your status_bar.xml located in the res/layout folder.
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="start|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:paddingStart="@dimen/status_bar_clock_starting_padding" android:paddingEnd="@dimen/status_bar_clock_end_padding" />"

Just below the following code
Code:
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
Put this code
Code:
 <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

Recompile
unzip the recompiled SystemUIGoogle.apk
Put entire contents minus META-INF folder and androidmanifest.xml in my CC.zip replacing everything in the vrtheme/system/system_ext/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/SystemUIGoogle.apk folder.

NinetoFive

Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for the instructions! They seemed easy enough to follow, I kept getting compile errors when I reached that stage. I tested it by trying to compile unmodified files and it still failed. Used a few tools on XDA and had varying errors from compilation to Java.

Clearly this is above my pay grade, yeesh it looked easy enough to follow along too.

NinetoFive

Jul 7, 2011
Yup it works on Feb update. I think it usually only breaks on the pixel drops so I don't take the quarterly OTAs until this mod is updated because I'd rather have my clock proper than whatever limited feature google bothers to give to the pixel 3. So March OTA is a pixel drop so it'll probably break this mod

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone