Hi all i have extracted all ClockSkin from No 1 D5 Firmware.
I think is very simply create more ClockSkin for this device..
Just find the layout you want (from existing ones), and change at will the images
HOW INSTALL CUSTOM CLOCKSKINS:
Method 1 save clockskin on /sdcard
Solution by @Lokifish Marz
1.Connect watch to Windows/Mac/Linux
2.Enable USB Storage on watch
3.Create a folder called "ClockSkin" on the SDCard/Storage
4.Drag and drop any new face folder into "ClockSkin" folder on SDCard/Storage
5.Disconnect watch and select the new face
No adb, no special drivers, no scripts, no programs. Just drag and drop.
Method 2 save clockskin on /data or /sdcard
Tool By @Steve Giordano
Hi all, I have created a tool which allows you to install all the clockskin!
1.Download my tool
3.copy the folder of the custum clockskin you want to install in the folder of tool
4.Open the exe file.
5.Select 1 "Put new clockskin on Sdcard" or 2 "Put new clockskin on Data".
6.Write the name of the folder on the new custum clockskin you've copied
Method 3 save clockskin on /data
GUIDE by @cyrux75
How-to push clockskin to K8 / K8 mini/ No.1 D5 smartwatches with ADB commands
Here is the step-by-step procedure to add new clockskins to these great smartwatches.
It is not required to root the watch but it implies the use of adb command line, although it's a trivial job.
- adb on your PC (here's a great minimal distribution http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790); I don't give you further details on adb usage, there is plenty of tutorial about that
- Watch connected to the PC
- ClockSkin.zip or any valid clockskin file that will be made available
1. Extract the content of ClockSkin.zip file on your PC; you should have a folder (ClockSkin) which contains 19 sub-folders (ClockSkinP1, ClockSkinP2,...)
2. Copy the sub-folders (ClockSkinP1, ClockSkinP2,...) to your watch in /sdcard/Downloads folder
3. Enable "Debug on USB" on your watch; check it in settings, information, developer options
4. Open a shell with adb on your PC, go on with the following commands:
adb shell cd /data/clockskin cp -R /sdcard/Downloads/ClockSkin* . chmod -R 777 ClockSkinP* chmod -R 777 ClockSkinZ* exit
You'll find the new clockskins available as the existing standard clockskins.
How Create ClockSkin
Application by @rromeroa
"Hi, I have done a windows application for generating the clockskins, I hope enjoy it and a propper use
of the software. "
Its based on the examples that you have shared on the forum, I must say I have not clock
* IMPORTANT NOTES
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Create visualize and modify xml's clockskins based on structure explained from xda-developer forum
- Import IMAGES from .watch files for use them directly
- Incorporates a function to generate personalized "arrays"
- Incorporates default samples extracted from the launcher
- It's a portable pure .Net application, so you only need to have installed Microsoft Framewotk 4.5
I think is very simple:
- Load/Create/Import a clockskin from left side of the application
- Double-click on elements to add and select properties of them (layer, image, positions, etc...)
- Save, when you save the project the created clocksckin is in the main folder and ready to move it to the device.
* KNOWN ISSUES aND LIMITATIONS
- The "pedometer text" and "heartrate text" elements are not implemented. Still I have not an example of them
- The "special seconds", "arc battery" and "arc steps" elements are generated but not displayed in the application
- The "angle" and "start angle" properties are generated but it's not clear that they are displayed correctly in the application
- Each element allows all the properties, but I don'nt know which combinations are allowed on firmware
Special thanks to people without whom the application would never be,
the following active members of xda-developers community for sharing
and explain methods for extract, build and save skins:
@Steve Giordano (Steppdroid)
every users who have shared their creations.
...and my suffered code testers
PACK ALL IN ONE FILE By @smartwatchticks
XDA DEVELOPER CREATED WATCH FACES FOR D5/K8/K8 MINI/K9/K18/X5 SMARTWATCHES
This ClockSkinDesigns1 ZIP file contains the following:
File - Instructions (this document)
Folder - ClockSkin (all developer clock skins in individual folders sorted alphabetically by the names that were given to them by each developer)
Folder - ClockSkinDirectory (images of each of the clock skins available in the folder ClockSkin)
Folder - SkinCreators (folders for each developer with duplicate copies of each of their designs sorted by their XDA user name)
Folder - StockClockSkins (clock skins preinstalled on the D5 watch accessible for extraction)
Folder - StockClockSkinPieces (various pieces of clock skins preinstalled on the D5 watch not accessible for full extraction)
HOW TO USE THIS ARCHIVE:
If you want to look at each and every developer designed watch face captured here on your own watch, then you will want to copy the entire folder named ClockSkin to your watch. Here’s an easy way to do this:
1. Plug your watch charging cradle into the USB port of the computer containing these files and place your watch in the cradle.
2. Press the button that appears asking Turn on USB storage.
3. Press the OK button on the next screen
4. Your watch should say USB Connected and you should see an external drive mounted on your computer (on the D5 watch it is identified as W806)
5. Open that drive and copy the folder ClockSkin from here to that drive.
6. When copying is complete, unmount the external drive
7. Tap Turn off USB on your watch
8. Press your side button on your watch to return to your watch face.
9. Press and hold your watch face, then scroll left and right to see all your newly installed clockskins as watch faces!
Note: You may see some blank spaces either between clock faces or at the end of the newly installed ones due to invisible file artifacts in the folders left over from Mac/PC/Windows OS processes. Unfortunately, this is normal.
HOW TO SELECTIVELY INSTALL:
Follow steps 1-4 above.
5A. Open the watch drive mounted on your computer and create this folder: ClockSkin (exactly as shown including capitals)
5B. Review the images in the folder ClockSkin Directory included in this package and make note of the FILE NAMES of the watch faces you want to install on your watch.
5C. Open the ClockSkin folder included in this package and copy each folder matching the file names of the watch faces you want on your watch over to the ClockSkin folder on your watch that you just created.
Follow steps 6-9 above.
WHAT ABOUT FIRMWARE DIFFERENCES?
In March 2016 for the D5 watch, No.1 released a firmware update which, among other things, provided a fix for rotating components counterclockwise on the watch. This has led to a few of the newest creations being designed specifically for those watches running the newest firmware. ALL the designs you see here should work on the new firmware. The clockskin file names which end in an asterisk (*) were made for the new firmware and indicate they may not display correctly on the older firmware versions. How do you check which version is on your watch? Open your settings, scroll to the bottom and open About Device. If your watch is the D5 and your firmware is 160310 or newer (2016/03/10) you’re OK. If you have any other watch besides the D5, well, you may need to wait for an update.
HOW TO MODIFY THESE WATCH FACES:
Watch the YouTube videos on Watch Face Design to learn how these clockskins are put together. Then modify the clockskin.xml file within the folder of the watch face you want to modify. Either modify it directly on your watch, or, if you modify it on your computer, copy it to your watch and replace the old file with the new one. You may need to add additional files or modify others depending on what you are doing, but you will learn about that in these videos:
WHO MADE WHAT?
The SkinCreator folder included in this package has duplicate copies of each of the watch face designs from the ClockSkin folder, only here they are sorted into separate developer named folders. It is recommended you keep this folder intact as an archive of the original designs. If you choose to modify any designs to your own likings, you can do so in the ClockSkin folder knowing that you can return to the original design in the SkinCreator folder at any time.
WHO GETS PAID FOR ALL THIS?
Nobody is asking for money for the designs included here. They are all offered free. Some developers would appreciate a donation for their efforts, and if you are so motivated, you will find a PayPal Donate button next to a developer’s post in the original XDA Developers Forurm. Feel free to contribute. Here is the link to the beginning of the Forum where all these watch faces came from. This set of clockskins includes are all designs through the first 800 posts (first 80 pages) of this Forum:
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
These resources are suggested to further your exploration of these watches and their watch face design capabilities:
There are two more folders in this set. The StockClockSkins folder contains the complete extracted clockskin information for several of the installed watch faces. You can play with modifying these to learn more about how it all works and compare with the originals which are always on your watch (D5). The other folder, StockClockSkinPieces, holds various pieces and parts, like clock hands, numbers, backgrounds, etc., which can be used in your own designs. If you look at the images in the Directory folder within the StockClockSkinPieces folder, you will see images of all these parts from the actual running watch faces so you will be able to associate the picture names with the file folder names to locate the parts of interest to you. A lot of work has gone into all this by a lot of people, all for free. Enjoy your amazing smartwatch!
Compiled, sorted, archived and ZIPped by Mr. Ticks of SmartWatchTicks
Other Clockskin by xda member
CLOCKSKIN BY @cyrux75
CLOCKSKIN BY @Lokifish Marz
CLOCKSKIN BY @Gabrikira
CLOCKSKIN BY @Massu4
CLOCKSKIN BY @[email protected]
CLOCKSKIN BY @vicented80
CLOCKSKIN BY @vicented80