ClockSkin Collection for No 1 D5, K8 and K8 mini + Installation Guide

Search This thread

Veteran828

Mar 10, 2016
It's good to read through this Forum. Lots of Q's A'd. Someone asked this both the 24 hour thing a week or so, and I believe the answer was to just go into settings and change your time display from 12 to 24 hour. Of course, the 12 hour display seems to always have leading zeros and no indicator for AM/PM, so if you can help us out there, that would be awesome. Sometimes fresh eyes see what we have all missed. As for the Fahrenheit display, nada. Doesn't seem to be supported. Still I gotta think there might be a hidden tweak somehow in the Temperature array call. The basic code looks like this:

<name>temp_array.xml</name>
<arraytype>11</arraytype>

Now if there were a different arraytype that returned the temp in F rather than C, like 12, or 13, or some other number, we would all be happy. It would take some effort to smoke out the setting -- if it exists -- but you'd be every non-metric watch user's hero if you could find it!

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

And I do have the digital setting set to the 24 hour setting but unfortunately that doesn't work for an analog setting where instead of the hour hand going around the clock face in 12 hours, it goes around it in 24 hours. I will have to play with the temperature and see if there is another array that will make it read in F. Maybe I can make a VM with the OS and test the different arrays there. Oh, for anyone who wants to just edit the XML files for the watch faces, a good free editor is Notepad++. You can edit XML files as well as many others types and you can designate the language before you start if you are starting from scratch or if you are opening one to edit it won't try to save it in a different file format.

bennz

Jan 15, 2010
Revised Blades3 v4 , Inspired by Rolls Royce Trent 1000

http://www.filedropper.com/blade3v4_1

Untitled.jpg

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
And I do have the digital setting set to the 24 hour setting but unfortunately that doesn't work for an analog setting where instead of the hour hand going around the clock face in 12 hours, it goes around it in 24 hours. I will have to play with the temperature and see if there is another array that will make it read in F. Maybe I can make a VM with the OS and test the different arrays there. Oh, for anyone who wants to just edit the XML files for the watch faces, a good free editor is Notepad++. You can edit XML files as well as many others types and you can designate the language before you start if you are starting from scratch or if you are opening one to edit it won't try to save it in a different file format.

I covered 24hr analog in the third post in this thread and all my Imperium Hydrid faces use it.

IF Fahrenheit exists it's somewhere between array values 20 and 96, and that's assuming that 20-96 are even valid values. Now I have dug through the code on all W812 firmwares and still have yet to find a single flag for Fahrenheit but plenty for Celsius, I should have found at least one by now. So I'm not to hopeful that it exists.

Reactions: Veteran828

rromeroa

Jan 25, 2016
Madrid
I have released a new version 1.1 of ClockSkinMaker. Downloable from http://clockskinmaker.sourceforge.net

Changes incoporated:

- Resolved limitation to re-use elements with same name. This issue caused inconsistencies between the skin shown and saved.
- Includes a "simulation/now" engine to preview desgins. The results shown DIFFERS from real engine. I have assumed too many behaviors than is not clear how is doing the original firmware (especially battery rotates, angles, "directions", 12 hrs formats...). It should be regarded as a simulation!.
- Model picture is saved with "standard" advertisements 10:10 ;)
- Minor user interface issues resolved

Ok, thats all for now... I hope you enjoy it...

lottiesdad

Jan 29, 2016
I have released a new version 1.1 of ClockSkinMaker. Downloable from http://clockskinmaker.sourceforge.net

Changes incoporated:

- Resolved limitation to re-use elements with same name. This issue caused inconsistencies between the skin shown and saved.
- Includes a "simulation/now" engine to preview desgins. The results shown DIFFERS from real engine. I have assumed too many behaviors than is not clear how is doing the original firmware (especially battery rotates, angles, "directions", 12 hrs formats...). It should be regarded as a simulation!.
- Model picture is saved with "standard" advertisements 10:10 ;)
- Minor user interface issues resolved

Ok, thats all for now... I hope you enjoy it...
Thank you on behalf of everyone . Version 1 was ace , I`m sure this will be even better .
Utilities like this help promote interest in these excellent pieces of technology .You and the other developers deserve applause .

Reactions: rromeroa

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Includes a "simulation/now" engine to preview desgins. The results shown DIFFERS from real engine. I have assumed too many behaviors than is not clear how is doing the original firmware (especially battery rotates, angles, "directions", 12 hrs formats...). It should be regarded as a simulation!.

What issues are you having with behaviors?

rromeroa

Jan 25, 2016
Madrid
What issues are you having with behaviors?
Principally.. It has been developed but i have not yet clock, i know all combinations of properties are not allowed on original engine but i dont know which... For example, i contemplated counterclockwise on all rotates...
The app is based on ClockSkins uploaded in forum, i have interpreted an exceptional behaviors on rotate battery, I think its only move on 180 degrees by default... (can be modified with mulrotate)
The startangle is not clear to me, i have interpreted like a "range" of the rotation. The mulrotate option, not seems to appicable to all rotates too...
On the 12 hours clock for hourminute array, i have considered to show am/pm if the array provides this images.

Conclusion, this doubts and their combinations makes me impossible to ensure the simulation [emoji16] while we dont know exact criteria on original firmware. I hope among everybody resolve this doubts, I admit any suggestions about.

Thanks [emoji106]

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Principally.. It has been developed but i have not yet clock, i know all combinations of properties are not allowed on original engine but i dont know which... For example, i contemplated counterclockwise on all rotates...
The app is based on ClockSkins uploaded in forum, i have interpreted an exceptional behaviors on rotate battery, I think its only move on 180 degrees by default... (can be modified with mulrotate)
The startangle is not clear to me, i have interpreted like a "range" of the rotation. The mulrotate option, not seems to appicable to all rotates too...
On the 12 hours clock for hourminute array, i have considered to show am/pm if the array provides this images.

Conclusion, this doubts and their combinations makes me impossible to ensure the simulation [emoji16] while we dont know exact criteria on original firmware. I hope among everybody resolve this doubts, I admit any suggestions about.

Thanks [emoji106]

You're right startangle is a poor choice of terms
<startangle> = range or rotation
<angle> = starting point of rotation
<mulrotate> only works if whole numbers are use and on hours/minute/second rotations only (primarily seconds)
<hourminute> I can find no instance of of AM/PM actually being used but it's discussed in documentation, just in a very vague manner. My guess is it would be something like "clock_skin_num_am.png" and "clock_skin_num_pm.png" but have not tried it.

As far as counterclockwise rotation (<direction>2</direction>), just assume it's broken for now. I'm finding a couple things act weird, like dynamic shadows, until the time reaches 00:00:01. After that the face seems to correct itself.

When I get a chance I'll make a full code example for analog and digital with notations in the xml. It will be useless as a face but should give you the needed info as to what works, and what files associate with what xml code.

Reactions: rromeroa

bennz

Jan 15, 2010
Is the clockengine as apk integrated in the firmware or has unknown origin or application type ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Looking very much forward to that @lokifishMarz as the waters of understanding are quite murky right now.

I'm not sure why though, I'm really not. In just two released faces alone there are working examples of 20 of the 32 known arrays and rotations. Of the 12 that were unused, only 3 are unique with the rest being simple variations of what was used. Of the 11 variables, like <centerX>, 9 of those were used in the same two faces. It's also been established the <direction> is mostly useless. So about 90% of all known parameters are in two faces, and my documentation lists what stock faces are using those 3 unique parameters.

Also in the two faces that have pretty much everything in them, almost every entry is labeled. Instead of using 3 or 4 array.xmls, each individual array was assigned it's own xml so that folks had clear examples.

Is the clockengine as apk integrated in the firmware or has unknown origin or application type ?

Neither. The engine is part of the stock launcher.

Last edited:

bennz

Jan 15, 2010

Thanks [emoji106]

Great work! Thanks for the updated version. Do you still think it wont be possible to use Trufonts in your app?
The preview feature is very helpful, even with little bugs ( i.e. in my rotating blade skin, the preview shows the blade rotation backwards)
Another feature which I believe would be great is the reuse of existing images, when creating a new array in your app.
Currently for instance, if i want to create a new weekday array, it only gives me the option of creating new pngs for days and not to use existing images stored on my computer. For me , the way I changed it was to create the array using default options, then edit the xml and change the file names to existing ones.
Nothing major but something to point out

Last edited:

rromeroa

Jan 25, 2016
Madrid
Great work! Thanks for the updated version. Do you still think it wont be possible to use Trufonts in your app?
The preview feature is very helpful, even with little bugs ( i.e. in my rotating blade skin, the preview shows the blade rotation backwards)
Another feature which I believe would be great is the reuse of existing images, when creating a new array in your app.
Currently for instance, if i want to create a new weekday array, it only gives me the option of creating new pngs for days and not to use existing images stored on my computer. For me , the way I changed it was to create the array using default options, then edit the xml and change the file names to existing ones.
Nothing major but something to point out
Curious case blade skin, change the image for standard rotate and see what happens .... Optical effect?
You can select existing arrays from other skins, clicking in filename and choose desired folder (click on link path).

Some true types fonts can be used, really I do not know why windows some does allow it and others do not. Do you install the desired fonts manually? I could try to install automatically but it depending on operative system, user profiles, etc... I would like imports full watch files but I prefer to stabilize editor clockskin... this would imply to study another xml formats [emoji33]

Thanks

bennz

Jan 15, 2010
Curious case blade skin, change the image for standard rotate and see what happens .... Optical effect?
You can select existing arrays from other skins, clicking in filename and choose desired folder (click on link path).

Some true types fonts can be used, really I do not know why windows some does allow it and others do not. Do you install the desired fonts manually? I could try to install automatically but it depending on operative system, user profiles, etc... I would like imports full watch files but I prefer to stabilize editor clockskin... this would imply to study another xml formats [emoji33]

Thanks

The preview works good enough and it is very helpful! Saves time to copy the clockskin many times to the watch to see how it would look like.
And... I can save now perfectly!! No more saving issues and me going insane haha
Trufont will add nice smooth font edges which makes the appearance of the text much nicer.

I am still to figure out how to add angles to arrays. And if there would be a way to use anything than number for battery array, for example use images for different stages of battery level
And I wonder if the engine would accept gif files for some animation.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2wfpx75.png

Hi all i have extracted all ClockSkin from No 1 D5 Firmware.
    I think is very simply create more ClockSkin for this device.. ;)

Just find the layout you want (from existing ones), and change at will the images

DOWNLOAD

LineaSeparazione.jpg

UPDATE:
    HOW INSTALL CUSTOM CLOCKSKINS:

------------------------------------------
    Method 1 save clockskin on /sdcard
    Solution by @Lokifish Marz

1.Connect watch to Windows/Mac/Linux
    2.Enable USB Storage on watch
    3.Create a folder called "ClockSkin" on the SDCard/Storage
    4.Drag and drop any new face folder into "ClockSkin" folder on SDCard/Storage
    5.Disconnect watch and select the new face

No adb, no special drivers, no scripts, no programs. Just drag and drop.

------------------------------------------
    Method 2 save clockskin on /data or /sdcard
    Tool By @Steve Giordano
    Hi all, I have created a tool which allows you to install all the clockskin!

Guide:
    1.Download my tool
    2.extract it
    3.copy the folder of the custum clockskin you want to install in the folder of tool
    4.Open the exe file.
    5.Select 1 "Put new clockskin on Sdcard" or 2 "Put new clockskin on Data".
    6.Write the name of the folder on the new custum clockskin you've copied
    CRwH1TO.png

-----------------------------------

Method 3 save clockskin on /data

GUIDE by @cyrux75
    How-to push clockskin to K8 / K8 mini/ No.1 D5 smartwatches with ADB commands

Hi,
    Here is the step-by-step procedure to add new clockskins to these great smartwatches.
    It is not required to root the watch but it implies the use of adb command line, although it's a trivial job.
    Prerequites are:
    - adb on your PC (here's a great minimal distribution http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790); I don't give you further details on adb usage, there is plenty of tutorial about that
    - Watch connected to the PC
    - ClockSkin.zip or any valid clockskin file that will be made available

1. Extract the content of ClockSkin.zip file on your PC; you should have a folder (ClockSkin) which contains 19 sub-folders (ClockSkinP1, ClockSkinP2,...)
    2. Copy the sub-folders (ClockSkinP1, ClockSkinP2,...) to your watch in /sdcard/Downloads folder
    3. Enable "Debug on USB" on your watch; check it in settings, information, developer options
    4. Open a shell with adb on your PC, go on with the following commands:

Code:
    adb shell
    cd /data/clockskin
    cp -R /sdcard/Downloads/ClockSkin* .
    chmod -R 777 ClockSkinP*
    chmod -R 777 ClockSkinZ*
    exit
    It's done!
    You'll find the new clockskins available as the existing standard clockskins.

LineaSeparazione.jpg

How Create ClockSkin

---------------------------------------------
    Application by @rromeroa
    "Hi, I have done a windows application for generating the clockskins, I hope enjoy it and a propper use
    of the software. "

DOWNLOAD

Its based on the examples that you have shared on the forum, I must say I have not clock

* IMPORTANT NOTES
    YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

* FEATURES
    - Create visualize and modify xml's clockskins based on structure explained from xda-developer forum
    - Import IMAGES from .watch files for use them directly
    - Incorporates a function to generate personalized "arrays"
    - Incorporates default samples extracted from the launcher

* REQUIREMENTS
    - It's a portable pure .Net application, so you only need to have installed Microsoft Framewotk 4.5

* USAGE
    I think is very simple:
    - Load/Create/Import a clockskin from left side of the application
    - Double-click on elements to add and select properties of them (layer, image, positions, etc...)
    - Save, when you save the project the created clocksckin is in the main folder and ready to move it to the device.

* KNOWN ISSUES aND LIMITATIONS
    - The "pedometer text" and "heartrate text" elements are not implemented. Still I have not an example of them
    - The "special seconds", "arc battery" and "arc steps" elements are generated but not displayed in the application
    - The "angle" and "start angle" properties are generated but it's not clear that they are displayed correctly in the application
    - Each element allows all the properties, but I don'nt know which combinations are allowed on firmware

* THANKS
    Special thanks to people without whom the application would never be,
    the following active members of xda-developers community for sharing
    and explain methods for extract, build and save skins:

@Lokifish Marz
    @cyrux75
    @Steve Giordano (Steppdroid)

every users who have shared their creations.

...and my suffered code testers
    Carlos P.
    Ruben G.

LineaSeparazione.jpg

CUSTOM CLOCKSKINS

---------------------------------------------
    PACK ALL IN ONE FILE By @smartwatchticks

XDA DEVELOPER CREATED WATCH FACES FOR D5/K8/K8 MINI/K9/K18/X5 SMARTWATCHES

This ClockSkinDesigns1 ZIP file contains the following:
    File - Instructions (this document)
    Folder - ClockSkin (all developer clock skins in individual folders sorted alphabetically by the names that were given to them by each developer)
    Folder - ClockSkinDirectory (images of each of the clock skins available in the folder ClockSkin)
    Folder - SkinCreators (folders for each developer with duplicate copies of each of their designs sorted by their XDA user name)
    Folder - StockClockSkins (clock skins preinstalled on the D5 watch accessible for extraction)
    Folder - StockClockSkinPieces (various pieces of clock skins preinstalled on the D5 watch not accessible for full extraction)

HOW TO USE THIS ARCHIVE:

If you want to look at each and every developer designed watch face captured here on your own watch, then you will want to copy the entire folder named ClockSkin to your watch. Here’s an easy way to do this:

1. Plug your watch charging cradle into the USB port of the computer containing these files and place your watch in the cradle.
    2. Press the button that appears asking Turn on USB storage.
    3. Press the OK button on the next screen
    4. Your watch should say USB Connected and you should see an external drive mounted on your computer (on the D5 watch it is identified as W806)
    5. Open that drive and copy the folder ClockSkin from here to that drive.
    6. When copying is complete, unmount the external drive
    7. Tap Turn off USB on your watch
    8. Press your side button on your watch to return to your watch face.
    9. Press and hold your watch face, then scroll left and right to see all your newly installed clockskins as watch faces!
    Note: You may see some blank spaces either between clock faces or at the end of the newly installed ones due to invisible file artifacts in the folders left over from Mac/PC/Windows OS processes. Unfortunately, this is normal.

HOW TO SELECTIVELY INSTALL:

Follow steps 1-4 above.
    5A. Open the watch drive mounted on your computer and create this folder: ClockSkin (exactly as shown including capitals)
    5B. Review the images in the folder ClockSkin Directory included in this package and make note of the FILE NAMES of the watch faces you want to install on your watch.
    5C. Open the ClockSkin folder included in this package and copy each folder matching the file names of the watch faces you want on your watch over to the ClockSkin folder on your watch that you just created.
    Follow steps 6-9 above.

WHAT ABOUT FIRMWARE DIFFERENCES?

In March 2016 for the D5 watch, No.1 released a firmware update which, among other things, provided a fix for rotating components counterclockwise on the watch. This has led to a few of the newest creations being designed specifically for those watches running the newest firmware. ALL the designs you see here should work on the new firmware. The clockskin file names which end in an asterisk (*) were made for the new firmware and indicate they may not display correctly on the older firmware versions. How do you check which version is on your watch? Open your settings, scroll to the bottom and open About Device. If your watch is the D5 and your firmware is 160310 or newer (2016/03/10) you’re OK. If you have any other watch besides the D5, well, you may need to wait for an update.

HOW TO MODIFY THESE WATCH FACES:

Watch the YouTube videos on Watch Face Design to learn how these clockskins are put together. Then modify the clockskin.xml file within the folder of the watch face you want to modify. Either modify it directly on your watch, or, if you modify it on your computer, copy it to your watch and replace the old file with the new one. You may need to add additional files or modify others depending on what you are doing, but you will learn about that in these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGZLicZ6A2vUbzBPkLGXcSffQ90OPmyc6

WHO MADE WHAT?

The SkinCreator folder included in this package has duplicate copies of each of the watch face designs from the ClockSkin folder, only here they are sorted into separate developer named folders. It is recommended you keep this folder intact as an archive of the original designs. If you choose to modify any designs to your own likings, you can do so in the ClockSkin folder knowing that you can return to the original design in the SkinCreator folder at any time.

WHO GETS PAID FOR ALL THIS?

Nobody is asking for money for the designs included here. They are all offered free. Some developers would appreciate a donation for their efforts, and if you are so motivated, you will find a PayPal Donate button next to a developer’s post in the original XDA Developers Forurm. Feel free to contribute. Here is the link to the beginning of the Forum where all these watch faces came from. This set of clockskins includes are all designs through the first 800 posts (first 80 pages) of this Forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...es/clockskin-extracted-1-d5-firmware-t3295297

WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?

These resources are suggested to further your exploration of these watches and their watch face design capabilities:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...42607524552712

http://forum.xda-developers.com/smar...-1-d5-t3270656

http://forum.xda-developers.com/smar...d-4-4-t3207082

http://forum.xda-developers.com/smar...4-4-2-t3250601

http://forum.xda-developers.com/smar...house-t3313103

http://forum.xda-developers.com/smar...watch-t3336594

http://forum.xda-developers.com/smar...s8-k8-t3293748

ANYTHING ELSE?

There are two more folders in this set. The StockClockSkins folder contains the complete extracted clockskin information for several of the installed watch faces. You can play with modifying these to learn more about how it all works and compare with the originals which are always on your watch (D5). The other folder, StockClockSkinPieces, holds various pieces and parts, like clock hands, numbers, backgrounds, etc., which can be used in your own designs. If you look at the images in the Directory folder within the StockClockSkinPieces folder, you will see images of all these parts from the actual running watch faces so you will be able to associate the picture names with the file folder names to locate the parts of interest to you. A lot of work has gone into all this by a lot of people, all for free. Enjoy your amazing smartwatch!

Compiled, sorted, archived and ZIPped by Mr. Ticks of SmartWatchTicks

Other Clockskin by xda member

attachment.php

CLOCKSKIN BY @cyrux75
    DOWNLOAD

--------------------------

attachment.php
    attachment.php

CLOCKSKIN BY @Lokifish Marz
    DOWNLOAD

83b11352bd614546f0beb6c6a5261768.jpg

CLOCKSKIN BY @Gabrikira
    DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

CLOCKSKIN BY @Massu4
    DOWNLOAD

-------------------------

attachment.php

attachment.php

CLOCKSKIN BY @[email protected]
    DOWNLOAD

------------------------

attachment.php

CLOCKSKIN BY @vicented80
    DOWNLOAD

-----------------------
    attachment.php

CLOCKSKIN BY @vicented80
    DOWNLOAD
    Here are my first creations

Here are a few of my creations, check this out. Hope you'll like it. Feel free to use.
    These are all animated.
    ClockSkinMaker new version released

New version released, ClockSkinMaker 1.2 http://clockskinmaker.sourceforge.net

CHANGELOG:
    - Now painting array_special_seconds, arc_battery, arc_steps
    - Allows to create array elements with distinct colors (ie, sunday)
    - On import from watch, install detected fonts in actual session
    - On UI, disable properties not usables for each element
    - Added "Open folder" button
    - Simulate Rotate seconds in "automatic" mode
    - Minur issues on detecting clockskins renames and deletes

It is nearing the end....

Regards...
    Hi, I have done a windows application for generating the clockskins, I hope enjoy it and a propper use
    of the software.

To download, replace "asterisks" with "dots" on next url: (I have not enough pemissions to publish links/attachments)
    clockskinmaker*sourceforge*net

Its based on the examples that you have shared on the forum, I must say I have not clock :(

* IMPORTANT NOTES
    YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

* FEATURES
    - Create visualize and modify xml's clockskins based on structure explained from xda-developer forum
    - Import IMAGES from .watch files for use them directly
    - Incorporates a function to generate personalized "arrays"
    - Incorporates default samples extracted from the launcher

* REQUIREMENTS
    - It's a portable pure .Net application, so you only need to have installed Microsoft Framewotk 4.5

* USAGE
    I think is very simple:
    - Load/Create/Import a clockskin from left side of the application
    - Double-click on elements to add and select properties of them (layer, image, positions, etc...)
    - Save, when you save the project the created clocksckin is in the main folder and ready to move it to the device.

* KNOWN ISSUES aND LIMITATIONS
    - The "pedometer text" and "heartrate text" elements are not implemented. Still I have not an example of them
    - The "special seconds", "arc battery" and "arc steps" elements are generated but not displayed in the application
    - The "angle" and "start angle" properties are generated but it's not clear that they are displayed correctly in the application
    - Each element allows all the properties, but I don'nt know which combinations are allowed on firmware

* THANKS
    Special thanks to people without whom the application would never be,
    the following active members of xda-developers community for sharing
    and explain methods for extract, build and save skins:
    @Lokifish Marz
    @cyrux75
    @Steve Giordano (Steppdroid)

every users who have shared their creations.

...and my suffered code testers ;)
    Carlos P.
    Ruben G.

AH!!! And sorry for my english.....
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone