• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.7 (based on CM10 - Android 4.1.2 JZO54K) kernel 3.0.31

Search This thread

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
So there it is. It incorporates two workarounds:

• gr_init() called twice to fix the black screen problem
  • small kernel patch to allow param.ko to update params.blk inside /mnt/.lfs before rebooting

This is very preliminary work. I can not provide any guarantee it will not brick your device or cause a rift in the space-time continuum (it hasn't bricked mine or caused a rift but that's statistically insignificant).

I recommend you flash this recovery with dd and not Odin/heimdall after rooting with the system.img method (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2104638), but be careful with the partition number (for example if you forget the number 2 and type mmcblk0p1 you will end up rewriting your partition table, thus bricking your device).

Before flashing anything, consider making a backup of the original recovery partition (other partitions can be backed up as well: EFS, modemfs, etc. see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2032642)

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 of=/sdcard/backup-recovery.img

Then install CWM:

Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-golden-2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

or if you copied the file on the external sd:

Code:
dd if=/storage/extSdCard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-golden-2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Update: version 2 that works with both internal and external sdcard. If you want to use the external SD, it must be formated with one FAT32 partition (mmcblk1p1). Make sure to repartition/reformat your SD if this is not the case! This can be done in the systems parameters of the phone, or alternatively under Windows/Linux.

Here is an Odin flashable package made by spawk (thanks to him): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36962108&postcount=59 Contrary to the method above, flashing with Odin (or Heimdall) will increase your download count!

To reboot into recovery, you can either :
- use the vol-up + home + power combo, but it does not work on all phones (reason unknown)
- with stock, use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery
- with CM10, well simply select recovery when rebooting ;)
- with adb enabled, run "adb reboot recovery"

If your current system fails to boot, and you need to get into recovery, and the three-button combo does not work, you can always reflash a known working system.img and use one of the methods above.

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-golden-2.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 42,823
Last edited:

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Men can you provide the device tree and your changes on kernel so I can merge them on my repos?

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: quendil

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
Men can you provide the device tree and your changes on kernel so I can merge them on my repos?

There are no kernel changes. I just used GT-I8190_JB_Opensource_Update1.zip with the golden_defconfig

You need to update graphics.c and android_reboot.c (attached). I will upload the device tree a bit later, need to clean it up first.

Attachments

• graphics.c
    9.7 KB · Views: 343
  • android_reboot.c
    4.8 KB · Views: 336
Reactions: enox.co

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
There are no kernel changes. I just used GT-I8190_JB_Opensource_Update1.zip with the golden_defconfig

You need to update graphics.c and android_reboot.c (attached). I will upload the device tree a bit later, need to clean it up first.

Thanks, I'll merge this on my repos, if you want we can work together on cm10:)

Shapeshift

Apr 27, 2012
Košice
1.)You need to make a good procedure to the first post. this is chaos.
what do u mean by updating graphics.c..... replacing by new one? and the other file location?

2.) What do u mean by : be careful with the partition number (for example if you forget the number 2 you will end up rewriting your partition table, thus bricking your device).

Reactions: quendil and xd.bx

Shapeshift

Apr 27, 2012
Košice
Can i honestly ask you to make a procedure? like steps or something. i am not good at cwm and things

I am asking you : how to update graphics.c and android reboot.c ? plz help asap

Last edited:
Reactions: xd.bx

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
Can i honestly ask you to make a procedure? like steps or something. i am not good at cwm and things

Sure. First you need to root your phone with the system.img method you'll find in other threads.

Next, uncompress and copy the recovery.img on your SD card, which is then to be inserted in the phone.

Then you enable must adb debugging in the system preferences, and with the Android SDK installed on your PC, run "adb shell". If it says adb: command not found you'll have to find where the adb binary is, and use the full path (such as, "C:\Program Files\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe" but that's an example, you must find what the proper path is).

Next after having run "adb shell" you enter "su" to obtain root privileges (you will get a warning prompt. simply answer yes). Finally, run "dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-golden.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21" to install CWM, and then you can reboot into CWM after exiting the shell (use the "exit" command twice) with the command "adb reboot recovery".

Now regarding the two C files I posted, it is a matter of copying them into your CM10 tree.

graphics.c goes into bootable/recovery/minui/ (however it is better to use the BoardConfig to setup a device-specific graphics.c)
android-boot.c goes into system/core/libcutils/

This will only get you so far, you'll need for instance Oliver's device tree to compile golden.

Last edited:
Reactions: enox.co

Shapeshift

Apr 27, 2012
Košice
hm. i have already adb and i have specified path in windows for it. so i can run it everywhere. my device is rooted and i have only one more question for you. Do i need external sd? cant i put it onto internal sd?

Reactions: xd.bx

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
So I just found out something really cool, the stock (prebuilt) j4fs.ko and param.ko modules can be loaded along a 3.0.31 kernel built from source, which means it will be possible to simply use them instead of this android_boot ugly hack.

Reactions: enox.co and quendil

quendil

Jan 14, 2007
Athens
Just posting here to say a big thank you to all of you devs!
:good:

PS: And a small (silly) question:
as i 'm not using a pre-rooted ROM. What if I made an ODIN flashable tar.md5 of the original *.img? Wouldnt it work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So there it is. It incorporates two workarounds:

• gr_init() called twice to fix the black screen problem
    • small kernel patch to allow param.ko to update params.blk inside /mnt/.lfs before rebooting

This is very preliminary work. I can not provide any guarantee it will not brick your device or cause a rift in the space-time continuum (it hasn't bricked mine or caused a rift but that's statistically insignificant).

I recommend you flash this recovery with dd and not Odin/heimdall after rooting with the system.img method (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2104638), but be careful with the partition number (for example if you forget the number 2 and type mmcblk0p1 you will end up rewriting your partition table, thus bricking your device).

Before flashing anything, consider making a backup of the original recovery partition (other partitions can be backed up as well: EFS, modemfs, etc. see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2032642)

Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 of=/sdcard/backup-recovery.img

Then install CWM:

Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-golden-2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

or if you copied the file on the external sd:

Code:
    dd if=/storage/extSdCard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.7-golden-2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Update: version 2 that works with both internal and external sdcard. If you want to use the external SD, it must be formated with one FAT32 partition (mmcblk1p1). Make sure to repartition/reformat your SD if this is not the case! This can be done in the systems parameters of the phone, or alternatively under Windows/Linux.

Here is an Odin flashable package made by spawk (thanks to him): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36962108&postcount=59 Contrary to the method above, flashing with Odin (or Heimdall) will increase your download count!

To reboot into recovery, you can either :
    - use the vol-up + home + power combo, but it does not work on all phones (reason unknown)
    - with stock, use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery
    - with CM10, well simply select recovery when rebooting ;)
    - with adb enabled, run "adb reboot recovery"

If your current system fails to boot, and you need to get into recovery, and the three-button combo does not work, you can always reflash a known working system.img and use one of the methods above.
    i have flashed with odin and worked fine also rebooted to recovery and also i don't have any problem with my sd card is chown normaly with all my files

pS : I add odine version here for every one got problem on adb

NOW for user pleas don't THANK me is not my work I have only make it flashable odine is easy all thank's and credit go to dev ( xd.bx )

HOW TO

unzip attached files
    flashe in PDA
    ENJOY !!!!
    so just flash it? thats it? and we will have working display?
    Can u provide more info? Becuase i think some users will not understand the procedure

Thanks, I'll merge this on my repos, if you want we can work together on cm10:)

Adb sideloading does not seem to work. Need to investigate why