[CLONE] HDC Galaxy S4 Legend *with Air Gestures*

Search This thread

wassgha

Sep 13, 2011
Hey guys :) Look at this new phone I just found! It's a 1:1 replica of the Galaxy S4, it even has the Air Gestures and a multicolor LED. The processor is the amazing Exynos 5 Octa (Internally Exynos 5410) The screen is a 720p 5" (compared to 1080p on the real Galaxy S4 but that's not a big deal looking at the price of 215 at Fastcardtech).
Where can I buy one?
I'll buy this phone soon from here: http://www.fastcardtech.com/goods.php?id=8903 since it's the only store selling it for now, and this thread will have ROMs, custom ROMs, repair instructions, etc...
Phone Demo 1 (Air Gestures):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqDnfxYGT0
Phone Demo 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ4UrXO2Ixw
Phone Demo 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guj178LChBQ

[URL="http://mtkworld.net/HDC-Galaxy-S4-Legend/photos"]More Photos

1. Tools and drivers
  2. Rooting the phone
  3. Firmware files/ROMs & Mods
  4. Troubleshooting (bricked phone, wrong preloader file, etc…)
  5. Q/A

Last edited:

Christopher.F

Nov 23, 2012
I bought one to! :D Please say your going to build a vanilla android rom! Thats exactly what this phone needs! :p Also I thought it has the exynos 4410 from the galaxy s3 clocked @1.2ghz? Not the mtk6589.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I forgot to mention I've also got a few ideas/mods we could try if you'd like to help? First being NFC, it comes with an NFC chipped battery I think, but if not in the video they put the NFC battery from the original S4 into the clone and it can still turn on. Maybe we just need to add some software? Also wireless charging, it's got the connectors for the module. Maybe its worth a try? :eek:

wassgha

Sep 13, 2011
I bought one to! :D Please say your going to build a vanilla android rom! Thats exactly what this phone needs! :p Also I thought it has the exynos 4410 from the galaxy s3 clocked @1.2ghz? Not the mtk6589.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I forgot to mention I've also got a few ideas/mods we could try if you'd like to help? First being NFC, it comes with an NFC chipped battery I think, but if not in the video they put the NFC battery from the original S4 into the clone and it can still turn on. Maybe we just need to add some software? Also wireless charging, it's got the connectors for the module. Maybe its worth a try? :eek:
Actually after some research, the chip turns out to be Exynos 5 Octa (Internally Exynos 5410) which is so awesome! I'll update the post.
And for the NFC/Wireless charging, I still haven't got the phone so can't help so much :/

Christopher.F

Nov 23, 2012
Really? On Fastcardtech it says that the system shows a 1.6ghz universal 5410 chip but it really has the exynos 4412 at 1.2ghz :/

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Here's the new boot animation ripped from the HTC One and Galaxy S4 google edition :)

http://android.hdblog.it/2013/06/27...tion-dei-nuovi-s4one-google-edition-download/

Also here's the new updated camera app :)

http://android.hdblog.it/2013/06/27...e-galleria-di-ones4-google-edition-per-tutti/

Let's make this phone awesome! :D

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Official specifications so far:

General

Manufacturer: HDC
Model: HDC Galaxy S4 Legend
Phone Style: Bar, multi-touch screen, 5.0 inch capacitive touchscreen
Operating System: Android 4.2.2 OS
Processor: Exynos 4412 quad core chip @1.2Ghz

Display

Screen Size: 5.0 inch IPS OGS touchscreen
Display resolution: 1280x720 or 294ppi
Colour support: 16 million colours

Camera

Primary camera: 13MP with 1080p recording with digital zoom
Secondary camera: 2.1MP with digital zoom

Connectivity

Connectivity Technology: GSM + WCDMA(Single Micro Simcard)
Network Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz + WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Data Technology: EDGE, GPRS
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
WLan: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
USB: USB 2.0
GPS: GPS/A-GPS (Built-in GPS chipset)

Features

Video Player: AVI、MP4、3GP、MOV、MKV、FLV
Audio Player: FLAC、APE、MP3、OGG、AMR、AAC
Image: JPG、PNG、BMP、GIF
Ringing Tones: Downloadable
Phone Book: 10000 contacts
Brower: HTML
Interface/Port:
Game: Downloadable
Radio: FM
G-sensor
Interface/Port: 3.5mm earphone jack / mini USB

Battery

Battery: Li-on battery(2600mAh)
Standby Time: 150-200 hours

Memory

Built-in Memory: 2GB RAM, 4GB ROM

Size

Dimensions: 135.8*68.7*8.3
Weight: 124

Christopher.F

Nov 23, 2012
Did you receive your phone yet? When I get mine I'll happily test any roms/tweaks/mods you want to try :) I have no idea in android programming so I can't help with compiling new roms, sorry :/

pshringi

Jun 28, 2013

"Please provide your feedback regarding the call quality and signal reception of the phone as my past experience with clones are not very good. The call quality is too bad and signal reception is also very weak."

agodo

Jun 29, 2013
question???

Did you receive your phone yet? When I get mine I'll happily test any roms/tweaks/mods you want to try :) I have no idea in android programming so I can't help with compiling new roms, sorry :/

i ordered this phone too!!

will there be roms or updates available for this phone?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

i was wondering if there would be STABLE updates for the android versions of this phone. Like cyanogenmod or aokp?
in how much time will they be available???

thank you!:)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Most likely not as rom developers don't develop for clone devices. Mostly due to the kernel source not being available. It will also not have the exynos chip. Most clones never have the hardware they state they do and people only find out after they buy the device.

Wayne Tech Nexus

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin B C H

wassgha

Sep 13, 2011
Most likely not as rom developers don't develop for clone devices. Mostly due to the kernel source not being available. It will also not have the exynos chip. Most clones never have the hardware they state they do and people only find out after they buy the device.

Wayne Tech Nexus

Since the sources aren't availible as zelendel said, the only ports possible are MIUI and LewaOS. I'll try to port them :)

Reactions: Benjamin B C H

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
Just suscribed :p
Did Anybody received their units yet? I would like to hear some comments about system stability, calls, network, SAR-Value, and please also get a "test" antutu from antutu devs to see if the 28800 score is hacked ;)

agodo

Jun 29, 2013
answer

Guys, is that phone you are talking about the same mentioned in youtube vido of mayandjay?

no! this phone is galaxy s4 legend and the phone in the video is HDC Galaxy S4 H9500- MTK6589. The galaxy s4 legend has a better processor and better ram.:good:

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I've found that it has only 1GB of RAM and it uses the mtk6589 chipset :)

English review :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIDKk79NwB8

And about kernel source... If you look up mtk6589 kernel source theres plenty of links that say its released? Am I wrong? :/

MTK is a chip type. Kernel source code is dependent on the device as a whole not just a single chip. Many have proven that it is no the proper kernel source code. One of the reasons why you notice none of the devices with that chipset/clone devices have forums here.

Reactions: Christopher.F

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys i was looking for the best way to change my external sd card as internal memory and after a while
    i can present to you the best way to do that.

First of all you must be Rooted to proceed.
    then with any Manager with Root permissions "i used Root Explorer" go and find the vold.fstab

Root Explorer : /system/etc/vold.fstab

and change the red words from the code above.
    Save Reboot and there you are...

Code:
    ## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream
    # Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
    dev_mount sdcard /storage/[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]sdcard1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
    dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]sdcard0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
    ## Example of a dual card setup
    # dev_mount left_sdcard /mnt/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0
    # dev_mount right_sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2
    ## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts
    # dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
    # usb otg disk
    # dev_mount usbotg /mnt/usbotg auto /devices/platform/mt_usb /devices/platform/musbfsh_hdrc

Tried and tested 100% working.
    Hey guys :) Look at this new phone I just found! It's a 1:1 replica of the Galaxy S4, it even has the Air Gestures and a multicolor LED. The processor is the amazing Exynos 5 Octa (Internally Exynos 5410) The screen is a 720p 5" (compared to 1080p on the real Galaxy S4 but that's not a big deal looking at the price of 215 at Fastcardtech).
    Where can I buy one?
    I'll buy this phone soon from here: http://www.fastcardtech.com/goods.php?id=8903 since it's the only store selling it for now, and this thread will have ROMs, custom ROMs, repair instructions, etc...
    Phone Demo 1 (Air Gestures):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqDnfxYGT0
    Phone Demo 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ4UrXO2Ixw
    Phone Demo 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guj178LChBQ

[URL="http://mtkworld.net/HDC-Galaxy-S4-Legend/photos"]More Photos

1. Tools and drivers
    2. Rooting the phone
    3. Firmware files/ROMs & Mods
    4. Troubleshooting (bricked phone, wrong preloader file, etc…)
    5. Q/A
    Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for a while, i stumbled across it when i was looking for info on this phone.

Basically, i was going to buy a genuine samsung galaxy S3 as my other half has an S3 since jan this year and it is a fantastic gadget.
    My funds for an S3 were limited and a sim free unlocked S3 here in Ireland is about €360 ($470 US) at the moment and a sim free unlocked S4 is about €530! ($692 US) so i went looking for a S3 clone and then spotted that HDC were releasing this S4 clone so i held off till it was released.

I purchased it on June 28th via fastcardtech (i had previously never bought from them before and spotted via trustpilot that they got crap reviews for customer service, but i really wanted this phone so i just used the safest option - paypal) and used their DHL option for delivery.

Like i say, i ordered on fri june 28th and then got no DHL tracking number till the 5th of july which was a bit of a delay and got me a bit worried i have to admit - I think they get them to send it out from the manufacturing factory direct hence the delay.

It arrived here in Ireland on Tuesday the 9th july (this week), so it took 11 days to arrive to me in total.

Including all the price of the phone and DHL delivery option and (fastcardtechs stupid paypal surcharge) the whole price for me was €200.39 - about $261 US.

I was then hit for a import customs charge of €29 by Revenue here which i was kinda of expecting. So all in it was €229.39.

So i have had it 3 days... So here is a mini review...

Firstly, when i unpacked it, i did not get any screen protectors included (no biggie, but it would have been nice to get a couple as were promised on the site)

The clip on flip crystal cover which is pictured didn't come with it either... they just sent it with a useless black fake leather pouch which you could get for 99c on ebay.

It came in a proper S4 retail box, with the usb lead, 2 batteries, back cover, earphones (useless) and US charger even though i need an IRL/UK charger... Oh, and also the worst written manual ever printed! :laugh:

Now, for the phone...

Stunning... simply stunning.

It is a brilliant slick one to one clone of an S4. I even was in a vodafone store here in my local town yesterday and i compared it to the genuine S4 on the display unit in the store and i could not tell the difference looks wise.
    One give away though is that the "metal" strip around the phone on the genuine S4 is metal and the HDC S4 is plastic but shiny enough to pass as metal.

The screens are identical in brightness, the HDC screen seems crisper though, which was a nice surprise compared to the genuine S4.

They are the same size and thickness and feel the same weight in my hand.

Now the menus and user interface...

I powered it on when i got it and i it is a one to one copy of the original S4 power on screen and menus.

One thing i am not happy about is the fact that it has come loaded with about 6 or 7 bloatware and chinese apps... some of which cannot be disabled, uninstalled or turned off via app management - which i am not happy about - They didnt show that on any of the youtube preview or review videos, but i am sure any future ROMS or even if someone put up a genuine S4 rom, this would be better on the phone. I await ROMs for this phone for that reason.

Another thing is that FCT say this has 4GB storage... now i maybe missing something, but mine is only showing 1.8GB storage via file manager?

Now i know i have only had it for 3 days and i have not "burned" in the batteries yet, but i am finding them useless to be honest... they seem to run down in no time at all, but i hope this might get better in time. I presume i could buy a proper samsung battery for this phone anyway as it should be the same fit?

I have already ordered an otterbox commuter case for this phone from amazon uk, as my other half has an otterbox case on hers and it has saved her phone from getting damaged on many occasions. I have also ordered a genuine samsung charger too as i dont trust the charger that came with this phone and a 32GB micro SD card too.

Finally,

Am i happy with this phone? - Absolutely! best purchase i have made in a long time but it will be even better with a new ROM flashed to it to get rid of the useless chinese bloatware apps.

Would i recommend buying from FCT? - yes, but only via paypal as that gives you piece of mind if anything goes wrong and you need to get your money back.

Any recommendations to future buyers? - yes, bin the charger that comes with it and buy a genuine samsung charger and buy a decent protection case for it to protect it like the otterbox range.

I will answer any questions anyone has about this phone, but please dont get too technical as i am only a phone user, not a developer! :laugh:
    (also, please excuse me if i dont reply quickly as my day job takes up a lot of my time!)

Hope this info so far helps.

Jayzirl.
    In that case, I think I will just get one for the wife. (She will never know the difference) ;)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

yup this was my main reason on getting the phone! dam it!

girls just go weak at the knees when they see a man with a S4!!

She will never know it's a clone

My evil plan is coming together

mrburnsevillaugh.png
    List of Galaxy S4 Legend ROMs: