[CLONE] HDC Galaxy S4 Legend *with Air Gestures*

Search This thread

dennchaxxx

Dec 20, 2011
čakovec
There is no exynos processor for legend! Only MT6589

sent from my GT-I9500

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

This is serial number! You must change this with serial number at sticker next to imei. Remove battery and you will se it!

sent from my GT-I9500

dennchaxxx

Dec 20, 2011
čakovec
You need to partition your micro sd card
You need to make 2 partition one for media stuff pictures video etc and second for the system(for the instalation of apps) you can use mini tool partition wizard for windows(google it)

First backup your sd card and then whipe all data!
Then create new partition mark as fat 32 and primary(this partition must be larger for your media) example if u have 8gigs card first partition should be 6gigs and second(ext2 ) should be 2gigs mark them both as primary and aplly and all done! Wizard is very simpe to use, You will se! Whenn is all done put sd card in phone and download the link2sd card(google market) then open app and you will be prompt to add partition (search for that second partition you have created. ext2 partition and make a link. then go to settings and check auto link all aplication to sd card. Save. restart phone and this is it!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

nighthunter12

Nov 15, 2013
a lil' probelm with the phone

Few weeks ago I bought myself new HDC S4, but I am not sure what the heck is is. I mean its damn powerful, antutu test shown a result comparable to Samsing Galaxy S3!! Screen size is 5'' (I compared it with original S4,) but screen resolution in on 960x540px any idea what that phone can be? Air gestures work like on Legend

dennchaxxx

Dec 20, 2011
čakovec
Few weeks ago I bought myself new HDC S4, but I am not sure what the heck is is. I mean its damn powerful, antutu test shown a result comparable to Samsing Galaxy S3!! Screen size is 5'' (I compared it with original S4,) but screen resolution in on 960x540px any idea what that phone can be? Air gestures work like on Legend

This is HDC galaxy s4 with Mediatek MT6582 clocked at 1.3ghz
Quad core
This procesor scores on antutu close to 17000 points
I think this is it!
Best regards!

gkeki82

Apr 14, 2014
HDC Galaxy S4 i9500 issues - please help!

Hi guys,

I'm new here, but would be very grateful to get some help along the way of my first post here.

I bought below phone from FCT and instantly after turning it on experienced several issues.

HDC Galaxys S4 I9500- Universal 5410 1.6GHz 5.0inch HD IPS Screen Gesture Control Dual Sim Android 4.2 Phone

First one, is even though I asked for the phone to be rooted and free of all Chinese apps, the phone is basically monitored by Chinese version of 360Mobilesafe and there are also some other Chinese apps I can't identify their role.

Second, I rooted the phone and now have super user (granted to 360MS) right though not long I can get with it, Chinese apps can not be removed. I guess if I could change the language to English on 360Mobilesafe that would solve my problem as I would have access to everything on the phone (?)

Third, the most annoying issue is the batter life is garbage, barely lasts 10 hrs with all the features which in fact made me by this phone turned off. I did not buy this phone to turn off everything, have a stupid phone instead of a smart phone :)

Attached some pics of the programs and the battery life screen.

Please help me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-14-10-33-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-10-33-30.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_2014-04-14-10-35-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-10-35-00.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_2014-04-14-11-35-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-11-35-19.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2014-04-14-16-12-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-16-12-36.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 88

N Tony

Apr 14, 2014
NEED WORKING GT i9100P XXLSS Download link

Hello everyone im new to this forum and I dont know how and where to post my query, so please excuse me. ( :confused:Moderators please can you move query to the right section if possible ) I needed a working link to download XXLSS official unbranded firmware for a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT i9100P with NFC, all the links that I found online dont work, or if someone has it I would be real grateful if you can provide me with a link to download. Its been really frustrating tying to find a working link, many thanks everyone in advance, and sorry if I replied to something totally off subject

KrispySLO

Sep 30, 2012
problems with recovery

Hello again, i just get the phone, and then i rooted it(susesful) but when i put on it a CWM recovery i see problem that when i am in recovery i see all turned around but whet i boot it back in android it was all ok... so i ignored that recovery problem and backup my original rom and install a custom rom, but now is all turned around, I dont now how to fix it, probably is something wrong with recovery becouse when i restored my old rom it all works good again....

i also wanna ask if it is possible to play gta san andreas on my hdc galaxy s4 legend.

dennchaxxx

Dec 20, 2011
čakovec
Hi krispy! Download MTK droid tools connect your phone to tools via usb
Then press backup using phone bootimage. It will autogenerate cwm recovery for you then whenn is done you will be prompt to boot phone to recovery ,press yes and this is it. Now for gta andreas im not sure but i tested dead trigger 2
GT racing, 2 shadowgun asphalt 8 and all working very well ;)

ProudLight

Jul 29, 2013
"Cant connect to this network right now. Please again later"

Hey everyone! Im sorry if Im posting this in the wrong section but I really need help. Few months ago, I bought the S4 Legend from Aliexpress and it was working fine until 2 weeks ago when suddenly it stopped being connected to my carrier. I went ahead and checked IMEI blacklist and found out that it was on the national Blacklist. What should I do now? Please any help would be appreciated!

KrispySLO

Sep 30, 2012
Hi krispy! Download MTK droid tools connect your phone to tools via usb
Then press backup using phone bootimage. It will autogenerate cwm recovery for you then whenn is done you will be prompt to boot phone to recovery ,press yes and this is it. Now for gta andreas im not sure but i tested dead trigger 2
GT racing, 2 shadowgun asphalt 8 and all working very well ;)

thx for your reply, but i already install CWM trought MTK droid tools(i find it somewhere on XDA), should i try again?

which rom is the best for legend, is there any kitkat roms relesed yet

sauliucijus

Apr 20, 2014
Siauliai
phone constantly doing RETURN button, what to do?

Phone functionality back.It vibrates and makes a step back.And so almost constantly.Impossible to use the phone.What to do?I did backup. I can not find the firmware.I think here is the problem.What do you think?What do I do?
Hardware : MT6582
Model : GT-I9500
Build number : GT-I9500HA 20131211-215512
Build date UTC : 20131211-135512
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V10.P17, 2013/11/13 20:34
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (user@linux-user) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Dec 11 21:53:12 CST 2013
Uboot
build v : ----- deve essere root shell
LCD Driver IC : 1-hx8389b_hsd50_jingtai_qhd

aurafis

Aug 14, 2009
please need help wifi and bluetooth freeze

hi, everyone...i tried some fix but with bad end..my phone freeze after a while when i turn on wifi and i search to turn off wifi...icon stay grey and phone freeze...same with bluetooth...and if it freeze i result out of line even if my signal level is good...what can i do? thank you

disnomia

Feb 2, 2011
Phone functionality back.It vibrates and makes a step back.And so almost constantly.Impossible to use the phone.What to do?I did backup. I can not find the firmware.I think here is the problem.What do you think?What do I do?
Hardware : MT6582
Model : GT-I9500
Build number : GT-I9500HA 20131211-215512
Build date UTC : 20131211-135512
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V10.P17, 2013/11/13 20:34
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (user@linux-user) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Dec 11 21:53:12 CST 2013
Uboot
build v : ----- deve essere root shell
LCD Driver IC : 1-hx8389b_hsd50_jingtai_qhd

Try flashtool
here is flashtool and rom needrom.com/mobile/hdc-galaxy-s4-legend-2/
if you dont like the rom try some other from there
and also this roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591391

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625498 (you need cwm recovery to install rom, attach and install the .img with mobile uncle app from play store)

Good luck!

Attachments

• GT-I9502_130831__recovery_131014-151747.img
    5.4 MB · Views: 70

disnomia

Feb 2, 2011
hi, everyone...i tried some fix but with bad end..my phone freeze after a while when i turn on wifi and i search to turn off wifi...icon stay grey and phone freeze...same with bluetooth...and if it freeze i result out of line even if my signal level is good...what can i do? thank you

Once I was having the same issue and my problem solved with this file.
Install from recovery.

Attachments

• Wi-fi+fix(1).zip
    125.1 KB · Views: 47

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys i was looking for the best way to change my external sd card as internal memory and after a while
    i can present to you the best way to do that.

First of all you must be Rooted to proceed.
    then with any Manager with Root permissions "i used Root Explorer" go and find the vold.fstab

Root Explorer : /system/etc/vold.fstab

and change the red words from the code above.
    Save Reboot and there you are...

Code:
    ## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream
    # Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
    dev_mount sdcard /storage/[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]sdcard1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
    dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]sdcard0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
    ## Example of a dual card setup
    # dev_mount left_sdcard /mnt/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0
    # dev_mount right_sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2
    ## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts
    # dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
    # usb otg disk
    # dev_mount usbotg /mnt/usbotg auto /devices/platform/mt_usb /devices/platform/musbfsh_hdrc

Tried and tested 100% working.
    Hey guys :) Look at this new phone I just found! It's a 1:1 replica of the Galaxy S4, it even has the Air Gestures and a multicolor LED. The processor is the amazing Exynos 5 Octa (Internally Exynos 5410) The screen is a 720p 5" (compared to 1080p on the real Galaxy S4 but that's not a big deal looking at the price of 215 at Fastcardtech).
    Where can I buy one?
    I'll buy this phone soon from here: http://www.fastcardtech.com/goods.php?id=8903 since it's the only store selling it for now, and this thread will have ROMs, custom ROMs, repair instructions, etc...
    Phone Demo 1 (Air Gestures):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqDnfxYGT0
    Phone Demo 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ4UrXO2Ixw
    Phone Demo 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guj178LChBQ

[URL="http://mtkworld.net/HDC-Galaxy-S4-Legend/photos"]More Photos

1. Tools and drivers
    2. Rooting the phone
    3. Firmware files/ROMs & Mods
    4. Troubleshooting (bricked phone, wrong preloader file, etc…)
    5. Q/A
    Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for a while, i stumbled across it when i was looking for info on this phone.

Basically, i was going to buy a genuine samsung galaxy S3 as my other half has an S3 since jan this year and it is a fantastic gadget.
    My funds for an S3 were limited and a sim free unlocked S3 here in Ireland is about €360 ($470 US) at the moment and a sim free unlocked S4 is about €530! ($692 US) so i went looking for a S3 clone and then spotted that HDC were releasing this S4 clone so i held off till it was released.

I purchased it on June 28th via fastcardtech (i had previously never bought from them before and spotted via trustpilot that they got crap reviews for customer service, but i really wanted this phone so i just used the safest option - paypal) and used their DHL option for delivery.

Like i say, i ordered on fri june 28th and then got no DHL tracking number till the 5th of july which was a bit of a delay and got me a bit worried i have to admit - I think they get them to send it out from the manufacturing factory direct hence the delay.

It arrived here in Ireland on Tuesday the 9th july (this week), so it took 11 days to arrive to me in total.

Including all the price of the phone and DHL delivery option and (fastcardtechs stupid paypal surcharge) the whole price for me was €200.39 - about $261 US.

I was then hit for a import customs charge of €29 by Revenue here which i was kinda of expecting. So all in it was €229.39.

So i have had it 3 days... So here is a mini review...

Firstly, when i unpacked it, i did not get any screen protectors included (no biggie, but it would have been nice to get a couple as were promised on the site)

The clip on flip crystal cover which is pictured didn't come with it either... they just sent it with a useless black fake leather pouch which you could get for 99c on ebay.

It came in a proper S4 retail box, with the usb lead, 2 batteries, back cover, earphones (useless) and US charger even though i need an IRL/UK charger... Oh, and also the worst written manual ever printed! :laugh:

Now, for the phone...

Stunning... simply stunning.

It is a brilliant slick one to one clone of an S4. I even was in a vodafone store here in my local town yesterday and i compared it to the genuine S4 on the display unit in the store and i could not tell the difference looks wise.
    One give away though is that the "metal" strip around the phone on the genuine S4 is metal and the HDC S4 is plastic but shiny enough to pass as metal.

The screens are identical in brightness, the HDC screen seems crisper though, which was a nice surprise compared to the genuine S4.

They are the same size and thickness and feel the same weight in my hand.

Now the menus and user interface...

I powered it on when i got it and i it is a one to one copy of the original S4 power on screen and menus.

One thing i am not happy about is the fact that it has come loaded with about 6 or 7 bloatware and chinese apps... some of which cannot be disabled, uninstalled or turned off via app management - which i am not happy about - They didnt show that on any of the youtube preview or review videos, but i am sure any future ROMS or even if someone put up a genuine S4 rom, this would be better on the phone. I await ROMs for this phone for that reason.

Another thing is that FCT say this has 4GB storage... now i maybe missing something, but mine is only showing 1.8GB storage via file manager?

Now i know i have only had it for 3 days and i have not "burned" in the batteries yet, but i am finding them useless to be honest... they seem to run down in no time at all, but i hope this might get better in time. I presume i could buy a proper samsung battery for this phone anyway as it should be the same fit?

I have already ordered an otterbox commuter case for this phone from amazon uk, as my other half has an otterbox case on hers and it has saved her phone from getting damaged on many occasions. I have also ordered a genuine samsung charger too as i dont trust the charger that came with this phone and a 32GB micro SD card too.

Finally,

Am i happy with this phone? - Absolutely! best purchase i have made in a long time but it will be even better with a new ROM flashed to it to get rid of the useless chinese bloatware apps.

Would i recommend buying from FCT? - yes, but only via paypal as that gives you piece of mind if anything goes wrong and you need to get your money back.

Any recommendations to future buyers? - yes, bin the charger that comes with it and buy a genuine samsung charger and buy a decent protection case for it to protect it like the otterbox range.

I will answer any questions anyone has about this phone, but please dont get too technical as i am only a phone user, not a developer! :laugh:
    (also, please excuse me if i dont reply quickly as my day job takes up a lot of my time!)

Hope this info so far helps.

Jayzirl.
    In that case, I think I will just get one for the wife. (She will never know the difference) ;)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

yup this was my main reason on getting the phone! dam it!

girls just go weak at the knees when they see a man with a S4!!

She will never know it's a clone

My evil plan is coming together

mrburnsevillaugh.png
    List of Galaxy S4 Legend ROMs: