[CLONE] S9+ firmware help

Search This thread

Flippy485

Mar 23, 2017
My friends given me a S9+ clone with some major issues so I figured rooting or reflashing ROM would fix those, but every single ROM I tried doesn't work and just some up with and error shown in an attached image. Phones currently soft bricked and won't turn on. From what I learned this is a firmware compatibility issue but the problem is I cannot find one compatible with this clone. I managed to snap a picture while the phone was still running, revealing the firmware details. It would be very helpful If theres anyone who could provide me a link with a possibly compatible firmware.

Attachments

• IMG_20190117_131551.jpg
    IMG_20190117_131551.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 2,140
  • IMG_20190117_195804.jpg
    IMG_20190117_195804.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 2,132

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
My friends given me a S9+ clone with some major issues so I figured rooting or reflashing ROM would fix those, but every single ROM I tried doesn't work and just some up with and error shown in an attached image. Phones currently soft bricked and won't turn on. From what I learned this is a firmware compatibility issue but the problem is I cannot find one compatible with this clone. I managed to snap a picture while the phone was still running, revealing the firmware details. It would be very helpful If theres anyone who could provide me a link with a possibly compatible firmware.
Unfortunately you're probably out of luck, the best you probably could have done is just use the phone as it was. I had something similar, it was an S7 edge clone, also running a mediatek processor. If you're lucky you might find a Chinese forum with some firmware on it.

Edit: where did you get the firmwares that you tried flashing?

Flippy485

Mar 23, 2017
Unfortunately you're probably out of luck, the best you probably could have done is just use the phone as it was. I had something similar, it was an S7 edge clone, also running a mediatek processor. If you're lucky you might find a Chinese forum with some firmware on it.

Edit: where did you get the firmwares that you tried flashing?

Believe me I didn't want to mess with the phone that much but you couldn't download anything on it, even from the play store and calls were broken too. So this was meant to be the last chance for this guy. I got the firmwares from general googling. Here's the list of few I tried:

MT6580__alps__boway6580_weg_gm_l__boway6580_weg_gm_l__5.1__ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_BOWAY6580.WEG.GM.L_P8

MT6580__samsung__SM-G960U__hero2qltechn__7.0__ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_HCT6580.WEG.A.L_P55

samsung s9+___MT6580__samsung__SM-G960F__dream2qltesq__7.0__alps-mp-m0.mp1-V2.34_hexing6580.we.m_P15

There's probably 3 more I tried and deleted.

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Believe me I didn't want to mess with the phone that much but you couldn't download anything on it, even from the play store and calls were broken too. So this was meant to be the last chance for this guy. I got the firmwares from general googling. Here's the list of few I tried:

MT6580__alps__boway6580_weg_gm_l__boway6580_weg_gm_l__5.1__ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_BOWAY6580.WEG.GM.L_P8

MT6580__samsung__SM-G960U__hero2qltechn__7.0__ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_HCT6580.WEG.A.L_P55

samsung s9+___MT6580__samsung__SM-G960F__dream2qltesq__7.0__alps-mp-m0.mp1-V2.34_hexing6580.we.m_P15

There's probably 3 more I tried and deleted.
I see, wow. Good job trying anyway. Do you think it could have been an issue with lacking the radio bands to work with your carrier?

Flippy485

Mar 23, 2017
I see, wow. Good job trying anyway. Do you think it could have been an issue with lacking the radio bands to work with your carrier?

Actually no. I could hear the other person, but from thier side they could only hear static noise. I tested microphones and they worked so who know's what's the issue.

Flippy485

Mar 23, 2017
So after a lot of suffering I actually got further and I can now download stuff to the phone. One firmware in particular can be flashed but the "userdata" partition cannot I just get the "not enough space" error. I'm no expert but this partition may contain some crucial config files. So when I boot the phone I only see vertical lines. Right now I'm trying to modify the android scatter file but I feel like a child while doing this.

Reactions: YrrchSebor

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
So after a lot of suffering I actually got further and I can now download stuff to the phone. One firmware in particular can be flashed but the "userdata" partition cannot I just get the "not enough space" error. I'm no expert but this partition may contain some crucial config files. So when I boot the phone I only see vertical lines. Right now I'm trying to modify the android scatter file but I feel like a child while doing this.
Way to go! What is that phone flash tool you're using?

pajakx

Mar 28, 2018
Hello. I read your topic about the software, fake samsung s9 + clone. I have a very similar situation. My friend's parents gave it to me to do something and I tried flashtool to upload the same software and now the phone is dead. The computer detects this phone ... Do you have any suggestions on what you could do?

mosirezaei

Mar 1, 2019
Shahi
I had same problem and fixed it Just change the proloder

If u don't have prooader I have 10 prooader files for s9+ clone diffrent models
Just change proloaer
Then windows should show mtk proader vcom driver on device manager
I will uploads files when I go to work

cic108

Sep 7, 2020
Same problem with my same model of S9+ Clone

Dear
I have same model of Samsung Clone S9+ and also have same problem. I flashed my phone with wrong firmware and my phone has only white screen. i changed an other firmware then it totally dead and dont turn ON then I use an other then there are some vertical lines. Can you help me??
Do you find correct firmware for your phone?
Thanks

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I know this is not going to help get your phones going.. But serious, if you do not want to experience these types of issue.. By all means do not a clone phone.. If you can not afford the real deal. Then buy something within your budget, or save up until you can purchase it...

kirichen

Apr 23, 2012
Moscow
Same problem with my same model of S9+ Clone

Dear
I have same model of Samsung Clone S9+ and also have same problem. I flashed my phone with wrong firmware and my phone has only white screen. i changed an other firmware then it totally dead and dont turn ON then I use an other then there are some vertical lines. Can you help me??
Do you find correct firmware for your phone?
Thanks
more than 12 firmwares

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.