[Close]Xperia V with locked boot loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chansom

Mar 10, 2012
A new easy method is introduced, lets follow another thread, thank you for supports

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2186368

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requirement;
Rooted 4.0.4 with locked bootloader (Rooting)
CWM for Xperia V ICS (CWM)

Make a backup copy that is compatible with JB
1. Flash stock JB rom in CWM (XperiaV-JB.zip)
This step is probably!, not required, yet it is to be checked. Firstly I tried without this step and my phone got continuous reboot. When you flashed the stock JB rom do not reboot the device and proceed to step 2.
2. Flash JB rom in CWM - Xperia V Supersport JB is recommended (Xperia.V.Supersport.JB.V1.1.zip)
You can use another rom, but I haven't noticed any problems with this one so far. Do not reboot the device and get right to next step.
3. Flash fix for CWM (View attachment Xperia.V.JB.CWM.Fix.zip)
Do not turn on your phone. You can push reboot in CWM and when the screen is off pull out the battery. Only then the next step.
4. Flash stock kernel 9.1.A.0.490 FTF in Flashtool (LT25_SXV_Stok_Kernel_9.1.A.0.490_Dogsly.ftf) thanks to, Dogsly

After rebooting, your phone will be in android 4.1.2 with SU in locked bootloader,
If you have applied fix for CWM in step 3, you can still enter CWM but press power button (not holding) instead of volume button.

If you are in JB with root already, you can install CWM for xperia T v2 made by davidmarco. (View attachment Xperia.V.JB.CWM.Install.zip)
Install step refers to ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2 for Xperia T/TL/TX/V
Enter CWM in JB: After blue LED appear, continue press power button (not holding)

Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-11-58.jpgScreenshot_1970-01-02-08-12-22.jpgScreenshot_1970-01-02-08-13-57.jpgScreenshot_1970-01-02-08-14-05.jpg
Successful root with permission to mount system writable :D

Thanks Emberlificote for adding the details : )

Last edited:

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
Sv: [Root] Xperia V with locked boot loader

Nice guide, thanks!

Step 1: I read there is no Gapps in that ROM?

Step 2: do you mean flash kernel.sin and loader.sin?

And tft is picture format, maybe you mean ftf? :p

Last edited:

soncarl

Jul 18, 2012
why are people always said tft not ftf? I have read a lot of that tft. I'm just curious or maybe I'm the one who is ignorant?. Sorry for the off-topic

chansom

Mar 10, 2012
Nice guide, thanks!

Step 1: Yes, maybe i upload the stock one later

Step 2: Yes, sorry for the mistake

maybe the step not so clear, but im a bit busy right now, i will edit the post and upload the screenshot later :)

Reactions: datagubben

soncarl

Jul 18, 2012
@datagubben have you manage to root your V? using this step? can you also create a step that is more clearer thanks

Darkfunnyguy

Feb 21, 2012
A request to a clear simple step guide instructions how to root the xperia v with bootloader locked please.

Last edited:

Darkfunnyguy

Feb 21, 2012
This firmware TRIMMED-LT25i-SOL21_9.0.F.0.195.ftf as I understand I am sure is for the Xperia VL and I tried it, keep getting to Xperia logo then reboot it everytime and it ask for the decryption key so what is that please?

I already Jelly Bean locked on my phone so can jump to flashing with with above firmware again concerned it might keep rebooting or I do I need to downgrade to ICS firmware first?

Last edited:

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
Sv: [Root] Xperia V with locked boot loader

This firmware TRIMMED-LT25i-SOL21_9.0.F.0.195.ftf as I understand I am sure is for the Xperia VL and I tried it, keep getting to Xperia logo then reboot it everytime and it ask for the decryption key so what is that please?

Its the only kernel with exploit and yes this works. Dont know why not work for U.

Darkfunnyguy

Feb 21, 2012
I might have crack but need to double check that is the BE and download music info still working please?

Darkfunnyguy

Feb 21, 2012
Report to me to check that BE and the download music info is working okay. I with you all the hoping it all functions well I then can do it.

chansom

Mar 10, 2012
Just updated the steps with Xperia V Supersport Jelly Bean rom recommended as wifi function well!

Daniel#T

Nov 20, 2010
I get continous reboots after following these steps. Supersport JB and cwm fix followed by stock jb kernel.

´Tried twice now. (had to follow 4.0.4 root for locked bootloader again before 2nd time) Very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new easy method is introduced, lets follow another thread, thank you for supports

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2186368

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requirement;
    Rooted 4.0.4 with locked bootloader (Rooting)
    CWM for Xperia V ICS (CWM)

Make a backup copy that is compatible with JB
    This step is probably!, not required, yet it is to be checked. Firstly I tried without this step and my phone got continuous reboot. When you flashed the stock JB rom do not reboot the device and proceed to step 2.
    2. Flash JB rom in CWM - Xperia V Supersport JB is recommended (Xperia.V.Supersport.JB.V1.1.zip)
    You can use another rom, but I haven't noticed any problems with this one so far. Do not reboot the device and get right to next step.
    3. Flash fix for CWM (View attachment Xperia.V.JB.CWM.Fix.zip)
    Do not turn on your phone. You can push reboot in CWM and when the screen is off pull out the battery. Only then the next step.
    4. Flash stock kernel 9.1.A.0.490 FTF in Flashtool (LT25_SXV_Stok_Kernel_9.1.A.0.490_Dogsly.ftf) thanks to, Dogsly

After rebooting, your phone will be in android 4.1.2 with SU in locked bootloader,
    If you have applied fix for CWM in step 3, you can still enter CWM but press power button (not holding) instead of volume button.

If you are in JB with root already, you can install CWM for xperia T v2 made by davidmarco. (View attachment Xperia.V.JB.CWM.Install.zip)
    Install step refers to ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2 for Xperia T/TL/TX/V
    Enter CWM in JB: After blue LED appear, continue press power button (not holding)

Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-11-58.jpgScreenshot_1970-01-02-08-12-22.jpgScreenshot_1970-01-02-08-13-57.jpgScreenshot_1970-01-02-08-14-05.jpg
    Successful root with permission to mount system writable :D

Thanks Emberlificote for adding the details : )
    Re: [Root] Xperia V with locked boot loader

@Music Info question: Still working. I have encountered zero problems sir.

@CWM info: I am not sure. I think having the phone connected to a PC is part of the trick (I've successfully entered CWM five times on the LT25i, but only by being connected by data cable). And it's a combination of the three hardware buttons, of which the volume down button plays the biggest role for sure.

You can try to connect the data cable, keep pressing volume down key repeatedly (the phone will vibrate for an instance and a blue led will turn on), and then repeatedly press all the hardware buttons until the blue led will turn green. If the phone shows the 'Xperia' logo, remove battery and try again. Every successful attempt came after multiple failed attempts.

The first time I entered CWM was by 'mistake'/coincidence/act-of-God. I tried to access flashmode (put in battery, connect charge/datacable, press power button and repeatedly press volume down button) and when the Sony logo popped up, I pressed all the buttons randomly out of frustration.

Forgive me for this complicated information. Hope this helps.

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
    Slightly different root method if anyone is interested:

Requirement:
    Rooted 4.0.4 with locked bootloader
    CWM for Xperia V ICS

2. Flash SU update in CWM (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip)
    3. Flash CWM fix for CWM in CWM (Xperia.CWM.Fix.zip)
    4. Reboot and pull the battery when the screen goes off
    5. Flash JB stock kernel using Flashtool

:cool:
    Nice guide, thanks!

Step 1: Yes, maybe i upload the stock one later

Step 2: Yes, sorry for the mistake

maybe the step not so clear, but im a bit busy right now, i will edit the post and upload the screenshot later :)
    This is a confirmation CWM still works on JB:
    CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.2
    cray_Doze Mod for Xperia GX/SX v0.5

The correct way to enter CWM is by turning your phone on.
    When the SONY logo appears, press the power button until the phone vibrates and the blue led turns on
    When the blue led turns on, tap on the volume down button until the blue led turns green and be patient for a few seconds

You should now be in CWM