• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED] ANDROID/MAEMO/LINUX on HD2:) [NO MORE ACTIVE!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

terminal 7

Jan 27, 2008
exeter, uk.
for the love of android.

I have had so many htc phones,

the HD2 is the best ever - i adore it, that said i also have a g1 rooted and with a huge rom collection so i am a total android nut !

i so so so cant wait to see the first working android port here ( ill donate as soon as there is )

its good to see the progress on the mk1 HD - if we could get that kind of progress here i would jump for joy,

i still love thr HD2 as it stands with win-mob but thats largely due to HTC covering windows entirely with their sense UI.. ( good result htc )

------------------------ http://twitter.com/terminal7 ---------------------

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Checkin your phone (signature)
Where did you get rom 2.01 wwe ?

On the first page of this forum (Leo Rom dev) there is a subject with Rom 2.01 on it, and on the 13th post a link to it. It doesn't take long to look for these things really.

2.01 contains a bunch of stuff that's older than in 1.61 though, and geared for T-Mobile USA. Anyway... back on subject...

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
this is a nic android emulator working on the touch hd. it loks very nice but it dont work with our hd2. just wondering if any of you guys might be able to tweak it up so it works on ou beloved hd2:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=603813
Android is NOT emulated on the device. It shuts down Windows Mobile and boots a Linux kernel on the device. This is no emulation. It's the real thing. It's just all done in-memory. So if you reset the device, you're back in Windows Mobile. That just makes it look like it's emulated, but it really isn't.

Haret actually don 't support HD2.
Actually, latest git version does support Leo. You can check out my version on http://www.netripper.com/leo/ . This doesn't mean that the above will work though. As it's not emulated, we need real support for the actual hardware in the linux kernel. And that's a lengthy process.

erikvario

Jan 14, 2009
kaatsheuvel
okay then.
but can we use that files?????
thats hopefully 2.0 and there are a lot of cookers that can make 2.0.1 working.
and the everything they make work on that phone works on hd2(in android )

erik

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006
Resolutions are all 800x480 (WVGA) in HD2, Bravo, TP2 and D2. And even if they weren't the same, that's not a problem whatsoever. Android is flexible when it comes to resolutions.

Last edited:

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
not at all. you can start it from storage card. but before that we had to bring android to leo, and as at tge development stages we should discuss only indepth discussion.

Kael

Jan 6, 2007
Chicago
The main display issue is not the resolution but more the size of the screen.

On the Touch HD (3.8" sceen) the developers had to tweak android as there were no phone with that screen size. Before that tweak, the screen would not display properly and would have a glitch per pixel line, making us unable to decifer what was on the screen.

Then they were all resistive screens, dunno if a capacitive is different.

Tanmay®

Oct 13, 2009
Mumbai
www.tanmay.me
The main display issue is not the resolution but more the size of the screen.

Nope. A screen size doesn't really matter at all. WVGA Support came since Android 1.6 Build. Before that WVGA Support had to be manually tweaked.

The issue now remains the Snapdragon compatibility. Afaik a more faster progress would take place once the Snapdragon powered HTC Bravo or Google's Nexus One are in the hands of our Devs. Lets hope that happens soon.

But if you ask me, I'm more interested in Maemo. The always On Social Media Networking and VOIP System integration simply outcasts any other Mobile OS out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.