General [CLOSED BETA 4] ColorOS 13 | OnePlus 9 Pro

Search This thread

progerturn

Jul 13, 2022
OnePlus 9 Pro
ColorOS 13 based on Android 13 has finally arrived for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
It's a Closed Beta version for the moment and therefore unstable (you could potentially encounter some bugs).

If you want a review :

Download Links (please flash at your own risk) :

ColorOS F.03 :
https://gauss-componentotacostmanua...22/08/05/eb43c65721f14cfead64de23686dd181.zip

ColorOS F.04 : https://yun.daxiaamu.com/OnePlus_Roms_2/一加9 Pro/ColorOS 13.0.0 F.04/

ColorOS F.05 :

ColorOS F.06 :

F.06 was the latest Closed BETA version.

OPEN BETA -> https://xdaforums.com/t/open-beta-1-coloros-13-oneplus-9-pro.4493509/

Last edited:

progerturn

Jul 13, 2022
OnePlus 9 Pro
Changelog (F.04) :

[Optimization] System stability in some scenarios.
[Fix] Icons in the notification bar are overlapped.
[Fix] Slow response to automatic adjustment of screen brightness.
[Fix] Some application icons on the desktop display blurry.
[Fix] Probabilistic screen-off or phone flashing when unlocked.
[Fix] The drop-down status bar probabilistic control center display is transparent.
[Fix] Double-click on the screen and the screen off function in guest mode are invalid.
[Fix] The "other" type of storage space in the settings is displayed abnormally.

Changelog (F.05) :

[Optimization] System stability and fluency in some scenes
[Fix] The charging prompt keeps popping up when charging probabilistically
[Fix] The app icon is not fully displayed when using the home screen style
[Fix] The multitasking icon does not match the app

Last edited:

EtherealRemnant

You can try to use something like clone phone
If it's anything like with the switch from 11 to 12, the tools change too, and they aren't compatible with each other.

I already backed up to Google. That's all that I really need, I just really don't want to nuke my phone. I was hoping to be able to flash alongside C.62 so I can just switch slots to get back to OOS when I'm done tinkering.

I am pretty sure that my radio will not work (I have a global 9, it's single SIM, and when I tried COS12 I had to use a Magisk module to get my radio back) so being able to switch back easily would be nice.

EDIT: Yeah, there's no way I can convert without nuking. Going to be with my boyfriend this weekend, I'll mess with it on Sunday night when I get back. I'll have to downgrade to 11.2.8.8, upgrade to C.48, unlock the bootloader, convert to COS13, then hope that the Magisk module for OOS12/COS12 works on COS13 to get my radio working again.

Last edited:
If it's anything like with the switch from 11 to 12, the tools change too, and they aren't compatible with each other.

I already backed up to Google. That's all that I really need, I just really don't want to nuke my phone. I was hoping to be able to flash alongside C.62 so I can just switch slots to get back to OOS when I'm done tinkering.

I am pretty sure that my radio will not work (I have a global 9, it's single SIM, and when I tried COS12 I had to use a Magisk module to get my radio back) so being able to switch back easily would be nice.

EDIT: Yeah, there's no way I can convert without nuking. Going to be with my boyfriend this weekend, I'll mess with it on Sunday night when I get back. I'll have to downgrade to 11.2.8.8, upgrade to C.48, unlock the bootloader, convert to COS13, then hope that the Magisk module for OOS12/COS12 works on COS13 to get my radio working again.
What Magisk module is this? I've had trouble getting my SIM to work on COS so I'm interested.

EtherealRemnant

If this is a closed beta and someone leaked it they're gonna get their ass kicked, they could even get sued.
I highly doubt anything will happen. There's no way to prove who leaked it because it's not like OnePlus is going around tagging individual OTA files and closed beta tests are dumb anyway. I get it for devices like the 10 Pro that don't have MSM Tools but all of us with the 9 series can recover pretty easily. This is not the first closed beta test that leaked and it undoubtedly won't be the last.

Reactions: jitd

progerturn

Jul 13, 2022
OnePlus 9 Pro

Alright good luck sir

EtherealRemnant

Alright good luck sir
Ended up figuring it out.

I unlocked the bootloader and used Fastboot Enhance to flash directly from C.62 to F.03. I deleted the cow partitions to make enough room and just directly flashed the payload.bin. Worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, I was correct about the SIM issue. I did indeed have to root and flash the data fix patch to get data. Fortunately, the patch still works fine on COS13. You can even force enable 5G on T-Mobile using the Force 4G LTE app.

I have way too much stuff that I need from my Google backup that I can't restore to COS due to the lack of Google services at boot so I won't be able to daily drive it but it's looking pretty promising. Definitely noticed my phone was running on the warmer side as well though but that is to be expected.

I went ahead and flashed C.48, since that's the most recent full OTA available for NA 9s, over it using Fastboot Enhance (FBE has no qualms about upgrading and downgrading) and that also worked without an issue after I factory reset in fastbootd so if people are wanting to mess with it, they don't have to deal with the whole process of downgrading, flashing COS, then downgrading or MSM to get back.

Reactions: tathagatab

Gabiru05

Aug 2, 2022
ColorOS 13 based on Android 13 has finally arrived for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
It's a Closed Beta version for the moment and therefore unstable (you could potentially encounter some bugs).

If you want a review :

Download Links (please flash at your own risk):

Closed Beta 1 : https://gauss-componentotacostmanua...22/08/05/eb43c65721f14cfead64de23686dd181.zip

I'll update this topic as soon as there is a new release.
Do you have link for this closed beta but to OnePlus 9 global?

EtherealRemnant

Do you have link for this closed beta but to OnePlus 9 global?

Beware that you'll need the Magisk data retention fix on T-Mobile devices and that ColorOS has a lot of bloat. There are also issues with third party app notifications if you want them to wake the display. It ran pretty warm, battery was IDLING at 40C and the CPU was idling about 48~58C (because it doesn't really idle, it's always doing something). For comparison, my 9 running the India C.62 firmware right now is at 28C battery and idling about 30~31C on the CPU.

Also, to install it, you either need to be on C.47 or you need to use Fastboot Enhance (make sure to search the partitions for cow and delete every one of them or you'll brick and have to MSM) to flash over whatever else you're running.

Reactions: Gabiru05

Top Liked Posts