How To Guide [CLOSED] Bypass the region check in Lenovo p12 pro 12.6(CN version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ZTE AXON 7

Feb 19, 2017
Having had a long research after I bricked my lenovo p12 pro 12.6(the CN version) ,I thought I finally figured out what is happening when boot ROW firmware on my tablet and a method to bypass such region check. Here is detail procedure:
First of all ,you DO NOT need to return your bricked tablet back to the seller or manufactures, any of which costs time and patience.
1、Download the super partition image file Mod edit: Links removed ,and extract super.img from it using 7z x ... command.
2、You can choose to use my bash shell script (flash_stock_firmware.sh)or your manual instructions: to flash the stock firmware
Bash:
bash 'flash_stock_firmware.sh'  'PATH/TO/THE/STOCK/FIRMWARE/FOLDER'
,it takes about 5 minutes to end.

Screenshot from 2022-01-11 19-48-19.png

After it booted to framework ,the init process will play a bootanimation ,in my case it shows :
1.png

This is exactly what we should to remove.And now you could reboot the tablet into fastboot mode
Code:
fastboot flash super PATH/TO/EXTRACTED/SUPER/IMAGE
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot reboot

In my case ,my tablet successfully launches the SetupWizard for registering device to google:
1.png

3.jpg

Attachments

• flash_stock_firmware.sh
    507 bytes · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Wow fantastic work? Any chance you can elaborate anymore in your instructions for the more novice users? I've not used ADB before. When I tried and the tablet was broke ADB couldn't see the tablet where as QFIL could.

Does the boot loader have to be unlocked?

I'm still waiting for mine back from china but depending on the stability of the Global ROM I may move across.

Is the above doable only with ADB or can it also be done in QFIL?

Does the Global ROM successfully OTA for you or does it fail after download? Can you search from the settings menu?

Going forward are you able to use the Lenovo Recovery Centre to flash updates Global ROM's without having to do the steps above again?

Last edited:

ZTE AXON 7

Feb 19, 2017
Wow fantastic work? Any chance you can elaborate anymore in your instructions for the more novice users? I've not used ADB before. When I tried and the tablet was broke ADB couldn't see the tablet where as QFIL could.

Does the boot loader have to be unlocked?

I'm still waiting for mine back from china but depending on the stability of the Global ROM I may move across.

Is the above doable only with ADB or can it also be done in QFIL?

Does the Global ROM successfully OTA for you or does it fail after download? Can you search from the settings menu?

Going forward are you able to use the Lenovo Recovery Centre to flash updates Global ROM's without having to do the steps above again?
Edited

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester

famaTV

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for sharing your work. However, could you kindly make the link available without requesting permission asking to share our gmail address with you?

ZTE AXON 7

Feb 19, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Thanks for updating download links.

Once these changes have been updated can we simply download and flash newer ROW ROM's?

How is your device performing, any glitches?

famaTV

Aug 22, 2012
Download link was updated
Thanks … but even the other website requests mobile number or email address to download.

Too much work and privacy exposure to take. I would wait for someone else to re-upload the file to a more straight forward user friendly site.

Meanwhile, what have you changed to the super.img to make it bypass the region check? Do you have the CN full firmware file?

On the other hand, with your fix, will the tablet update firmware OTA without any issues?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• firefox_4phO59utoB.png
    firefox_4phO59utoB.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

ZTE AXON 7

Feb 19, 2017
Thanks … but even the other website requests mobile number or email address to download.

Too much work and privacy exposure to take. I would wait for someone else to re-upload the file to a more straight forward user friendly site.

Meanwhile, what have you changed to the super.img to make it bypass the region check? Do you have the CN full firmware file?

On the other hand, with your fix, will the tablet update firmware OTA without any issues?

Thanks again.
I updated to S212017 with this super image ,no problem:
123.png

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Ok I'm looking at your instructions.
The flashing of the stock firmware is the easy bit.

Once you do that you get the not compatible message as per your original instructions.
At this point the tablet is stuck in a screen similar to below. It does not matter which option you chose the tablet will reset back to the same screen.
processed-3020c69f-449f-4c59-a363-ed876bc365e0_coDvqAVj[3763].jpg

What exactly do you do from this point to flash these instructions and your Super Image.

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot reboot

If I try and run abd I get the following:

adb.jpg

Sorry these are probably a no brainer with your capabilities but this is all quite new to me.

Basically I can see the tablet when Android is up and running but not from fastboot mode?

Attachments

• processed-3020c69f-449f-4c59-a363-ed876bc365e0_coDvqAVj[3763].jpg
    processed-3020c69f-449f-4c59-a363-ed876bc365e0_coDvqAVj[3763].jpg
    409 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Ok I'm looking at your instructions.
The flashing of the stock firmware is the easy bit.

Once you do that you get the not compatible message as per your original instructions.
At this point the tablet is stuck in a screen similar to below. It does not matter which option you chose the tablet will reset back to the same screen.
View attachment 5507019

What exactly do you do from this point to flash these instructions and your Super Image.

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot reboot

If I try and run abd I get the following:

View attachment 5507027

Sorry these are probably a no brainer with your capabilities but this is all quite new to me.

Basically I can see the tablet when Android is up and running but not from fastboot mode?
UPDATE... Fast boot commands do actually work. Even though it wont list devices commands like reboot work fine.

Did you have to unlock your bootloader for this? Have you kept widevine L1?

Last edited:

Slimerang

Jun 2, 2011
@ZTE AXON 7 you seem to be using Linux like me, mostly. I've used QFIL to flash the ROW ROMs but never did it from Linux. Do you have instructions on how to do that?

Oh wait, I reread your post. That script is for flashing the stock ROM, just like you said. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having had a long research after I bricked my lenovo p12 pro 12.6(the CN version) ,I thought I finally figured out what is happening when boot ROW firmware on my tablet and a method to bypass such region check. Here is detail procedure:
    First of all ,you DO NOT need to return your bricked tablet back to the seller or manufactures, any of which costs time and patience.
    1、Download the super partition image file Mod edit: Links removed ,and extract super.img from it using 7z x ... command.
    2、You can choose to use my bash shell script (flash_stock_firmware.sh)or your manual instructions: to flash the stock firmware
    Bash:
    bash 'flash_stock_firmware.sh'  'PATH/TO/THE/STOCK/FIRMWARE/FOLDER'
    ,it takes about 5 minutes to end.

Screenshot from 2022-01-11 19-48-19.png

After it booted to framework ,the init process will play a bootanimation ,in my case it shows :
    1.png

This is exactly what we should to remove.And now you could reboot the tablet into fastboot mode
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot reboot

In my case ,my tablet successfully launches the SetupWizard for registering device to google:
    1.png

3.jpg
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been cleaned from links to easy-firmware.com and 66rom.com! Sites that require a registration or account for a download are not accepted as filehosts on XDA; links to paid software are not accepted, too. Please refer to rules no. 11 and no. 13 of the XDA Forum Rules. Even if you personally don't benefit, please refrain from sharing such links or references in future. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

CC: @DaReDeViL
    Hello, people!
    I think we can go ZUI <-> ROW through service firmware TB-Q706F_Rescue.zip. The service firmware doesn't look at the region code. Moreover, it should make NV_item (where this region code is written) inactive. The next firmware after it will write the code it needs.
    I had the experience of installing service firmware on TB-J706F and it was exactly like that.
    The service firmware may be here: {Mod edit: Link removed} I ask users from China to find it out and download it, if possible.
    And here you can download it for money: {Mod edit: Link removed} 17 USD
    If we'll have the firmware, I can try this method and write instructions. However, my tablet hasn't arrived from China yet.
    I would be happy to hear your suggestions.
    @ZTE AXON 7 : Please check your PM inbox
    Actually i just "fixed" it.
    After flashing thing from this post it wouldnt boot to system, so i flashed rescue tool again so at least fastboot works and then flashed android 12 preview and it booted up.
    i just modified the script a little

fastboot reboot fastboot && ^ fastboot flash boot boot.img && ^ fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img && ^ fastboot erase vendor && ^ fastboot flash vendor vendor.img && ^ fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img && ^ fastboot erase system && ^ fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a && ^ fastboot delete-logical-partition product_b && ^ fastboot flash system TB-Q706F-DPP_USR_S100102_2201242000_V4.5_DEV_system.img && ^ fastboot -w reboot

But now i'm back at same point as yesterday. First i flashed this preview, i realized 120hz doesn't work there and i really need it so i tried to flash pixel experience GSI and it went into bootloop...

Ok i figured it out, Information is already here on forum but i'm compiling it for noobs like me :)
    So once you have this regional lock:
    - install android 12 preview from lenovo https://dev.lenovo.com/
    - install official android 12 GSI(i used ARM64+GMS) https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/gsi-release-notes#downloads
    - and then another GSI like pixel experience(i used PixelExperience_arm64-ab-12) https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases

Instructions to install GSIs https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...xin-pad-pro-12-6.4369849/page-2#post-86240621

To turn tablet off when it is in bootloop: unplug usb( but not that necessary i think) hold all 3 buttons and release once it turns off.
    Then wait a moment and hold volume up(the one closer to the corner) and power buttons for few seconds until screen with "fastboot mode" appears. Then you can plug in usb and issue "fastboot reboot fastboot". Once tablet shows "fastbootd" its good for flashing.

Pixel experience has 120hz and there is switch in settings to enable root access, cpu and gpu performance in benchmarks is normal so i see no problems, at least for gaming ;) Just UI is worse than original lenovo

Also for me system won't boot if boot.img is patched with magisk so don't do it maybe heh. Maybe it's just me doing something wrong? Last time i rooted my new phone over a year ago :p