I have just successfully re-locked my bootloader as well. Getting ready to sell this phone if Motorola doesnt fix the camera soon. Really tired of their refusal to communicate.
Here is the full guide to re-lock:
Mate, seriously, you are a gosh-darned God!
Here's my story in a nutshell:
- I love clamshells and think they make total sense as a form-factor, so I bought the Razr 2022 as soon as it came out, which meant I got the Chinese version.
- That came with a lot of limitations I (naively) didn't expect, so I followed this guide to unlock the bootloader and flash it to the global version (then went through hell ... but eventually got it there ... to bypass Company Portal so I could use it for work - because Microsoft does a hell of a job detecting Magisk's work).
- However, there were ongoing little niggles that were becoming too much of a pain in the ass, and with cyber security and data breaches becoming like the new battlefield of our age, not being able to update OTA without wiping everything and going through the whole process again just became too much trouble.
- So, I went out and bought the same version, but from an Australian retailer.
- However, that meant I now had two of the same phone and the one I wanted to sell was jail-broken and not updatable - I needed to try and take the risk and return it to the Chinese ROM and lock the bootloader to sell it.
I followed this word-for-word and it worked without a single problem.
On top of that, and just for your information to add to your guide, I never made a backup of my original CN ROM.
So, in your guide, you've said that flashing the backup reduces the risk of bricking, but I never flashed a backup and I didn't have any problems at all - purely thanks to your outstanding work.
Thank you SO MUCH.
You have absolutely no obligation to post stuff like this, but it's incredibly invaluable to so many people.