How To Guide [CLOSED] Debloat Script v2.6.5 - Vivo X90 Pro+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
The big problem is identifying which services are responsible for sending data to China as they are bundled together. This is the relevant parts for messages and phone services so you cannot remove their access without cutting off many needed internet access services. (Last point on this list is cell broadcast service).

I restored the messages app for showing the dilemma
Screenshot_20230316_133854.jpg

Also this list with a second list of 64 services cannot be blocked by Adguard but only by rethink DNS+

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
This bundling turns the phone into a brick if you remove internet for both bundles.

Screenshot_20230316_134633.jpg

Upon opening messages app that has all rights removed the log shows this
Screenshot_20230316_134857.jpg
Screenshot_20230316_134755.jpg

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
This is the second block bundled together (maybe bigger / smaller according to your debloat.

Screenshot_20230316_135449.jpgScreenshot_20230316_135444.jpgScreenshot_20230316_135440.jpgScreenshot_20230316_135433.jpg

And yeah, both rethink DNS+ and Adguard in theirog make it clear that the app that most frequently contacts Chinese servers is the vivo push notifications service. It's the number one bloatware/spyware app on this phone and cannot be debloated, nor stopped. At least it's not bundled to other system apps so internet can be removed.

I think the list of 17 apps above with phone/messages is the bigger spyware problem than the list of 64 here. There is one more block of services but no service out of it sent something so I think that block is clean.

And yeah, there could on top be spyware that goes by IP instead of domains. That cannot be stopped by a DNS firewall. Without root hard to assess if that happens or not. I don't have hardware to check that. With IPs often changing I don't think many bloatware spyware goes by hardwired IP instead of domains however.

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@extremecarver how you disable internet for some apps which cant be deleted by adb?
btw. I have used paid owner app from package disabler which is disabling apps, not deleting. Some apps cant be clearly disabled but some as (themes, push service...- mostle those you mentioned in post37) goes in some undefined state- owner app dont se them as disabled but they goes greyed icons in nova launcher drawer and cant be opened...

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
You cannot really on a OS like vivo that removes the standard android way of restricting internet.

The only thing you can do is take over the DNS. So any web address can only be resolved if the app allows it. IP addresses aren't resolved so it's hard to assess how complete that is for blocking spyware.

The most complete app is rethink DNS+ to my knowledge. Adguard goes a long way too, but only for apps not services.

It's however also clear that blocking internet to as many services/apps as possible without bricking the phone helps in battery life.

Problem is you cannot use Adguard and rethink DNS at the same time. Android only allows a single VPN. Channeling VPN behind another VPN isn't possible.

Seeing how virtually all android options to stop spyware/the phone itself from connection to the internet are missing in rotten oranges and then debloats of some apps cause the phone/messages to brick gives a good indication on the OS to be made with a purpose to spy on you as much as possible.

Actually I don't get the focus on bloatware by so many reviews or users. I don't care about any bloatware that isn't active, but spyware sucking sour battery due to transmitting your data, constantly waking up your phone, that's horrible software. That's why origin OS is the most horrible software quality on a phone I've ever seen (in addition to the notifications management that sucks big and other faults). I've never used another China OS before so cannot compare it Samsung China OS or Xiaomi China OS is as bad or worse. Clearly any global OS I've used is was better, and that includes Xiaomi (which is pretty horrible for my taste on its own too).
@extremecarver how you disable internet for some apps which cant be deleted by adb?
btw. I have used paid owner app from package disabler which is disabling apps, not deleting. Some apps cant be clearly disabled but some as (themes, push service...- mostle those you mentioned in post37) goes in some undefined state- owner app dont se them as disabled but they goes greyed icons in nova launcher drawer and cant be opened...

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
Oh yeah and I maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think any package disabler app can do more than adb commands. If you have examples then would be interesting to here why it's better than adb, plus remove as many rights as possible, plus eventually removing internet for an app. The more interesting thing anyhow is services. Services by definition cannot be opened because otherwise they would be an app including a service.

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
The logs of adguard or rethink or Adguard. That's why I said I can only provide spyware activity on any activity that needs DNS resolving. It could well be that some reporting is hardcoded to IP addresses - so would go unnoticed without a man in the middle attack between the phone and the internet (without attack you can kinda only see if traffic takes place - but not to where).
That's the problem because Vivo removed the option to only allow internet going through VPN. It could be reasonable to think that any kind of data requested by the (unpublished to the public) law in China on what they want to have goes directly to fixed IP addresses to avoid detection - and the activity I find above is just spy activity on user data to be sold/harvested by Vivo itself.

Haskren

May 13, 2016
Well likely you cannot write messages in this phone without using the spyware messages app (like the phone app it frequently contacts Chinese servers). I've never sent a message from this phone.

I never tried to send a message. Receiving messages is fine on Google messenger app.

Could be similar to google phone that stopped being able to make calls after removing the vivo appstore.

This phone simply fails as a phone if you try to avoid the spyware.

As there are quite a few system apps that cannot be controlled I don't actually know how much improvement you can do by removing internet access to apps that you cannot debloat.

To me it seems impossible to get rid of all spyware on this phone (maybe the same to all China OS phones contrasting China phones with global OS which can be debloated to open little or no additional connections to Chinese servers (e.g. besides updates)
I will reinstall the original messaging app. Google messages in chat still says "trying to verify your phone number"
Which line do I need to activate in the debloat script?

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@extremecarver I can confirm that owner app of package disabler developer (they have site, no on play store) can disable themes push mesages app and wallet for example. it work a litle weird...
for less integrated apps, those you can delete by adb, it immediately goes to disabled state with clena notification in check box. for themes and others it goes in disabled tabs buth without check box filled... but, app goes greyed out icon on nova app drawer and if you try to start it , system says it is forbiden by device admin (it is way how owner app works, see on their page...)
afer phone restart it is clean - totaly lost in app drawer, disabled. if you enable it in owner app it appears again as it should. so, yes, it works for my opinion. try. worth of testing I think...
please, if you know, tell me where to look for ram usage with usage by apps, thanks

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
I don't care about RAM usage because i never even get close to maxing out RAM. Please check with Adguard or Rethink DNS+ if "Vivo Push Notifications" service can be disabled and actually is disabled and never tries to connect to the internet (by looking through the log). Any app you can start on the Vivo can also be removed with adb. It's only services which cannot. You can never start a service anyhow. Services get started by apps or by the system.

I don't know what you mean with themes push messages app. I have debloated anything related to themes. What you describe sounds to me just like appops but it doesn't work for the two most important apps on this phone - being below:

Maybe the app uses something like this - but it doesn't work for me!
adb shell cmd appops set com.vivo.pushservice RUN_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
adb shell cmd appops set com.vivo.abe RUN_IN_BACKGROUND ignore

adb shell cmd appops set com.vivo.pushservice RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
adb shell cmd appops set com.vivo.abe RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND ignore

it should block any network usage - but it doesn't https://source.android.com/docs/core/power/app_mgmt

Here is the nitty gritty - maybe someone finds the problem?:
PD2227:/ $ appops set com.vivo.pushservice RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
PD2227:/ $ appops get com.vivo.pushservice
Uid mode: LEGACY_STORAGE: ignore
WRITE_SETTINGS: default; rejectTime=+10s956ms ago
WAKE_LOCK: allow; time=+11s156ms ago; duration=+204ms
GET_USAGE_STATS: default; rejectTime=+5h3m24s630ms ago
RUN_IN_BACKGROUND: ignore
RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND: ignore
READ_MEDIA_AUDIO: allow; time=+68d23h32m25s913ms ago
MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: default; rejectTime=+68d23h32m25s913ms ago
NO_ISOLATED_STORAGE: deny; rejectTime=+68d23h32m25s913ms ago
USE_ICC_AUTH_WITH_DEVICE_IDENTIFIER: default; rejectTime=+10s951ms ago

Seeing the wake_lock - maybe we can increase wake_lock to hours so this stupid app doesn't get called all the time anymore?

And here it is for abe after setting the ignore bits:
PD2227:/ $ appops get com.vivo.abe
WAKE_LOCK: allow; time=+4m44s562ms ago; duration=+128ms

Last edited:

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
Push services and smart engine constantly connecting to Chinese servers and constantly waking up the phone..

Following settings with appops fix it (best use app ops app from playstore):
127|PD2227:/ $ appops get com.vivo.pushservice
Uid mode: COARSE_LOCATION: ignore
READ_PHONE_STATE: ignore
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: ignore
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: ignore
LEGACY_STORAGE: ignore
VIBRATE: ignore
WRITE_SETTINGS: ignore; rejectTime=+45m23s90ms ago
READ_CLIPBOARD: ignore
WRITE_CLIPBOARD: ignore
WAKE_LOCK: ignore; time=+2h38m6s68ms ago; duration=+265ms
GET_USAGE_STATS: default; rejectTime=+8h29m32s685ms ago
READ_MEDIA_AUDIO: allow; time=+7h9m2s249ms ago
MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: default; rejectTime=+7h9m2s251ms ago
AUTO_REVOKE_MANAGED_BY_INSTALLER: ignore
NO_ISOLATED_STORAGE: deny; rejectTime=+7h9m2s249ms ago
USE_ICC_AUTH_WITH_DEVICE_IDENTIFIER: default; rejectTime=+45m23s269ms ago
SCHEDULE_EXACT_ALARM: ignore

Last edited:

luontokoodaus

Jan 8, 2019
It's been said a million times, the messaging and calling apps are not spyware. They do ask to connect to servers but that is to sync a list of spam numbers so you can enable blocking on your phone. For messages you need a data connection so you can SMS others for free who also use the same app. It's the same as the "Google Messages" app which regularly asks for the exact same thing.

Red-79

Mar 19, 2023
Having problem to get notifications from many apps . Did turn on notifications. Anyone found a different way to get everything to work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Improving on what I (and some others) found was the v2.5 script not working. I made some changes and now it works fine for me and others.

You might need the other original files here (adb.exe + the .dll files), but those old .bat files from the .zip won't work. Use the one below.

I do not have permission to link files here on XDA and I do not want to rely on a file host that people will complain about, so just copy-paste the below code into a new .bat file.

Bash:
    @echo OFF
    set s=---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    set m1= [v2.6.5] Script made By luontokoodaus, RaimondoMartire and Pervokur
    set m2= Please turn on USB debugging if you haven't already enabled it in Developer Options
    echo %m1%
    echo %m3%
    echo %s%
    echo %m2%
    echo %s%
    pause
    adb wait-for-any-device
    adb reconnect
    adb wait-for-any-device
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.agent i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.browser i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.smartremote i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.easyshare i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.android.bbkmusic i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.android.VideoPlayer i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.translator i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.simplelauncher i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.hiboard i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.baidu.input_vivo i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.bbk.calendar i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.car.networking i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.smartlife i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.ai.ime.nex i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.tencent.mobileqq i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.tencent.mm i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.kugou.android i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.qiyi.video i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.taobao.taobao i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.youku.phone i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.baidu.BaiduMap i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.eg.android.AlipayGphone i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.sina.weibo i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.bbk.appstore i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.shoujiduoduo.ringtone i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.tencent.qqlive i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.tencent.mtt i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.tencent.qqmusic i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.sohu.sohuvideo i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.smile.gifmaker i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.sankuai.meituan i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.uc.browser.en i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.zhihu.android i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.dragon.read i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.baidu.carlife.vivo i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 ctrip.android.view i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.xingin.xhs i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.xtc.originwidget i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.achievo.vipshop i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 tv.danmaku.bili i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.jingdong.app.mall i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.ximalaya.ting.android i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.kaixinkan.ugc.video.atom i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.wallet.appwidget i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.kaixinkan.ugc.video i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.browser.novel.widget
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.unionpay.tsmservice i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.minigamecenter i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.vhome i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.video.widget i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.familycare.widget i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.baidu.searchbox i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.autonavi.minimap i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.weather i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.widgetweather i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.dream.weather i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.weather.provider i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.android.notes i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.space i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.wallet i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.email i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.vivo.game i32 0 i32 0
    adb shell service call package 131 s16 cn.com.omronhealthcare.omronplus.vivo i32 0 i32 0

echo %s%
    echo your vivo has been debloated
    echo %s%
    echo %m1%
    echo %s%
    pause

Credits to: @raimondomartire and @Pervokur

To enable an app again. Simply replace the first "0" in the line with a "1" and run that line on its own.

Please do not argue about politics or other off-topic nonsense in this thread.
    Post if you need help and I will see what I can do.

Thanks.

EDIT 1: Restored the V-Play store (Vivo store).
    EDIT 2: Restored default SMS app (you can't get SMSes without it).
    EDIT 3: Restored the Network Monitor app so taskbar network speed widget works again.
    EDIT 4: Removed duplicate lines.
    EDIT 5: Reverted edit 1 because the app store is highly annoying, mostly in Chinese and spams notifications constantly. It also does not need to be installed to get system app updates.
    EDIT 6: Added some sneaky thing I saw running: cn.com.omronhealthcare.omronplus.vivo
    Thanks for open new thread. No problem for me. Great!
    In other news. I returned my Vivo X90PP due to this issue: https://xdaforums.com/t/help-us-we-cant-update-our-x90pp-phones-bought-from-tradingshenzen.4574915/

As such, I won't be updating the Debloat script any longer. It does its job at removing almost all of the bloatware/Chinese apps/etc. and without risking any damage to the user's phone. Because I'll be getting a new phone (global Xiaomi 13 Ultra), I likely won't be posting in at least this subforum any longer either. Except to give final update on how the return and refund process went with Trading Shenzen.

Big thanks to those who were supportive and helpful in improving the scripts and guides I made. It's a shame that this place suffers from a handful of people though who have nothing better to do than derail threads. mislead people, argue and cause drama. Big thanks to the mods though for all the hard work they do at cleaning up.

If the mods deem it necessary and appropriate. Please feel free to lock this thread and let people start another one.

- LK
    D
    Deleted member 11872899
    hello, yes, thanks, I saw.

how come now there is no more need to disable com.vivo.pem ?
    There are several ways to fix issues on Android. Doesn't matter what problem it is, there are multiple solutions. Some people are too stubborn to accept this. They're talking about things they don't know, blaming people if they don't agree with them and spreading wrong information.
    Just try different things and keep whats working for you. You are definitely not the only one here who reported this tutorial doesn't work.

Telling you to take another browser for example shows the cluelessness. But nice to see you fixed it yourself.
    "After removing, also search settings for "Default App" and then change all those normal apps eg. for Phone, Messages, Gallery etc. to something else. Otherwise some things won't work or open.

You need to look for the setting in the phone to allow the default launcher to be changed also and then change the Middle bottom navigation button to stop opening the default launcher again.

I'll make a new thread about all this here, let's all continue there. As always YMMV."

Sorry, I don't quite understand this part, would you mind elaborating?

When you have removed these apps with the script. You need to search the phone's settings for "Default App" and then change all of the ones it had set before. Otherwise things won't open now that those apps are gone. You need to replace eg. the SMS app you removed with the script, with a new one of your choosing in your phone's settings which you downloaded. Not sure how I can make it any clearer than that.
    Good idea starting a new thread.
    As I just received my phone, I am going to debloat tonight.
    Is any functionality broken with this script or it is considered a "light" debloat? I'd rather leave the phone as it is and live with the occasional Chinese language than having any issues.

And to be clear, do I just copy/paste into notepad and save as .bat - then replace it with the old .bat file in the download link above?
    Yes that's exactly what I said. You could just run the .bat yourself without anything if you have adb installed. The old files just come with some .dll library files and a copy of adb.exe for Windows users if you don't have it installed already. Absolutely no functionality is broken from what I can find. This just removes apps that you likely cannot use (are not available outside China) and cannot read (in Chinese) anyway.

Good stuff.
    Though I'd keep V-Appstore (com.bbk.appstore) simply because I had problems after removing it. Like the package installer being broken making it impossible to install third party apps. I have no idea why uninstalling the Vivo Appstore breaks the package installer, all I know is that the issue was gone after I restored the Appstore.

Btw @luontokoodaus if you want to upload your script to xda, just compress it in .zip and then you should be able to upload it.
    Yeah maybe it is good to have that app if it updates system apps as well, like some of those which need to be kept. I just removed everything with Chinese text. I removed that App store line from the script, so it won't remove it now.

it remove also the vivo store , the SMS app vivo , but work perfect
    You can delete the adb shell service call package 131 s16 com.android.mms i32 0 i32 0 for not delete the sms app
    The SMS app was tagged as spyware by some other users. I also think it is safer to just remove it and use another app. It does ask you for permission to basically record all of your data when you open it (if I remember correctly). I just got an open source SMS app to replace it with.