[CLOSED][DEPRECATED] CyanogenMod 13 (CM13.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dcfied

Nov 28, 2012
Quezon City
hi. i just got this p5100 on slimLP 5.1.1 on philz recovery. can i flash twrp then follow the instruction on page 1? tab will be used by my daughter. just wanted to ask if the tab will be faster with this rom... i'm also doing some back reading... just wanted to know your opinion on this while reading through the pages. thanks.

jeremiese

Jul 8, 2015
Port Harcourt
hi. i just got this p5100 on slimLP 5.1.1 on philz recovery. can i flash twrp then follow the instruction on page 1? tab will be used by my daughter. just wanted to ask if the tab will be faster with this rom... i'm also doing some back reading... just wanted to know your opinion on this while reading through the pages. thanks.
Yes
Flash with the current twrp
Also check Andi's Page, He's got all you need.
Also,you got no need for worries because the tab would run smoother than smooth...
?

Faster from Slim LP 5.1.1 by Andi?

No..Slim LP5.1.1 by Andi has a great - awesome kernel with 1350 overclocking & run very quickly...but CM13 has new characteristics and is much smoother than slim lp... Stay here better CM13 has new updates continuity by Andi ...slim no more updates ... (Sorry for English)

dcfied

Nov 28, 2012
Quezon City
Yes
Flash with the current twrp
Also check Andi's Page, He's got all you need.
Also,you got no need for worries because the tab would run smoother than smooth...
��

Hi sir, just to confirm, i can flash the latest twrp while i'm on philz recovery?
Thank you for the reply sir. =)

update: successfully installed twrp using the twrp app. thanks a lot. currently downloading the rom.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

No..Slim LP5.1.1 by Andi has a great - awesome kernel with 1350 overclocking & run very quickly...but CM13 has new characteristics and is much smoother than slim lp... Stay here better CM13 has new updates continuity by Andi ...slim no more updates ... (Sorry for English)

thank you sir. so slim is faster and cm13 is smoother? i hope i can find a way to transfer to cm13 from slim without needing a pc.

Last edited:

darksaber79

Mar 8, 2016
Sydney
Can anyone advise on how much free memory/ram you have on p5110 after installing this ROM.

Limited memory in Tab2 seems to be an issue. Jelly Bean consumed over 500MB of 800MB of the device resulting in some games/apps not running anymore.

Am interested to know fro those already running this ROM how much free memory you have.

Thanks

hollandais

Nov 13, 2012
Morsang sur Orge
You mean just after flashing the rom?, without or with gapps? It depends of the pack size. And later of the number of gapps you'll add.

Envoyé de mon Galaxy Tab 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
P5113

With good, not worried which happy package.
Just a general answer of how much free memory you have.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

With Andi's latest ROM build cm-13.0-20160615-UNOFFICIAL-espressowifi.zip + Delta's latest GApps gapps-601-base-20160606-1-signed.zip flashed on my P5113 tablet ... Settings, Memory reports 284 MB Free (immediately following reboot).

Thanks.

bioaveiro

May 30, 2015
hey,

how to enable updates ?

i'm in 6.0.1
13.0-20160222-2200 unofficial

there is no way for my tablet search for newer versions?

thanks

read more for new files ( unified )

thanks

have a GT-P5100

isn't possible use rom to P5100?

that differences have?

mine was discontinued.

You can use a device specific rom for your device (discontinued), the Rom name need to match your model.
You can use a unifed Rom for your device.
GT-P3110, GT-P3113, GT-P5110 and GT-P5113 user: flash "espressowifi" Roms
GT-P3100 and GT-P5100 user: flash "espresso3g" Roms ( by Andi page & you can read more here: https://andi34.github.io/faq.html )

BenjyTec

Jun 8, 2015
Hey, my Tab is running an older version without the new kernel by @Ziyan and @Android-Andi. I just wanted to ask what the advantage of new kernel is, and if it makes it worth updating. I couldn't find many reports. Thanks in advance and for your work @Android-Andi !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod (CM 13.0)
    Android 6.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for CM 13 related questions and feedback
    Uploading a new build right now, will be available in within next 1-2 hours
    • clean flash recommend because we switched to our new kernel for a final public test (before it finally replaces our old, bloated kernel)
    • Booting takes some more time now - there's a delay for up to 10 sec. betweeen the samsung logo and bootanimation (The bootloader init was disabled and the kernel resets everything on boot which is a good thing but delays bootup.)
    • Many thanks to @Ziyan for the new kernel! He did the main part of it! (We worked together on it for almost 9 months now - where is the time?!)
    • (kernel source will be available on CM's github after this public test to be sure everything works as it should - please respect that the source won't be public before)
    • Found a bug? Attach logcat and dmesg or keep the bug!

Thanks again @Ziyan
    New builds uploaded:
    - OpenSource Sensor should be fixed now (please don't flash ClosedSource Sensor blobs now)
    - broken rotation after deep sleep should be fixed now
    - p51xx user still might charge slow while connected to PC/Laptop, please use the original charger until we found a solution

In case anything is not working:
    - make sure you have done a clean flash
    - provide logcat and dmesg
    - in case of softreboots please also attache tombstones logs (you'll find them in /data/tombstones/)

Have a nice weekend together!
    New builds uploaded.
    - latest CM 13 source
    - attempt to fix hotspot
    - fixed random mac adress (more infos about it later today on http://andi34.github.io because we had to get rid of samsungs bad way )

~ All my work, news etc. on http://andi34.github.io ~
    New builds uploaded. It will be the last build with our old kernel i think.

- latest CM changes
    - espressowifi and espresso3g both SELinux enforced (community work from @Ziyan , @Cyprien and myself)

Nothing else changed which hasn't been in previous buillds.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk