[CLOSED][DEPRECATED] CyanogenMod (CM12 / CM 12.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Siosal

Mar 2, 2015
But this is a development thread... People posting here should know how to get a logcat and dmesg... Lol... For everything else we have a general section.
It's easy, won't take much time for you on how to find out how to use adb to get proper logs.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Yes I'm aware but unfortunately I'm still learning a lot as I go. Thanks though.

nilkar08

May 26, 2012
Hi @androidandi!

I'm still using the previous build and it still works great! No hiccups so far but I've noticed that there is now a new build. Any changelog?

Thank you very much for your hard work! Our tablet is still kicking.

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hi @androidandi!

I'm still using the previous build and it still works great! No hiccups so far but I've noticed that there is now a new build. Any changelog?

Thank you very much for your hard work! Our tablet is still kicking.
Encryption fixed.
Might not boot on p5113.
Idk what changed CM side

Reactions: rtunru

Andy1767

Sep 8, 2014
Alps

danpo1

Feb 19, 2016
Hi!

First of all, let me say thanks for putting this all together! I updated my P5110 from CM11 to CM12.1 a couple of weeks ago and in general have been very happy with the experience.

However, there's one issue that I'd like to report/find out how to fix it. The tablet occasionally reboots randomly and I get errors about system services, most commonly: "Trebuchet has stopped". Exchange services, Google play service and random apps also periodically stop. This started out as one error per day, but has built up to make my tablet practically unusable.

Having seen that there's new build, I installed that one and wiped everything before doing so. It didn't help. Both the reboots/crashes and the errors continue. (I believe the issues are somehow connected.)

It would be great if you could help me fix the issue. Now, I'm not an Android expert, so I'm not sure what information you'll exactly need; however I do have a tech background, so I'll be able to follow you and work everything out.

The device is a P5110, I flashed the latest CM12.1 and GApps Minimal (but not their bloatware removal script).

Thanks & best regards,
danpo

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
My dad asked for help updating his S2, I repartitioned mine a looong time ago and have very bad memory. But from re-reading stuff I suppose the updated steps would be:

1) Repartition (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ivatives/mod-increase-partition-size-t3011162) using PIT file I like and isorec kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/convert-kernel-zip-to-tar-t2994381)
2) Reboot to recovery and install cyanogenmod(12/13) and gapps (5/6)

Would that be a "current" instalation method?

Wrong device... please ask in the Galaxy S2 Q and A forum HERE

Thanks

Reactions: Android-Andi

danpo1

Feb 19, 2016
@danpo1 Flash the closed source sensor blobs and see if it helps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=65196790

Thanks, Andi. I installed the sensor blobs (just the zip, I didn't wipe the cache or anything), but it didn't help. While I feel like the reboots have mostly stopped (happened once in 3 days), the tablet still goes nuts from time to time. Mostly its Trebuchet and/or Google Play Services crashing. The error message pops up, I click "ok" and another message immediately pop up again - I'm trapped in an "error message loop". If this happens, all I can do is reboot. Unfortunately, it happens a lot.

galoneta

Nov 15, 2010
Dear Andy,
I am trying to connect Tab 2 P3110 (with SlimLP) and Tab 2 P5110 (with AOSP 5.1.1) to an wifi ad-hoc phone generating signal and the name of the tethering connection is not available.
Using carbon 5.1.1 on P6210 connects to the same network tethering phone.

Is it possible to implement ad-hoc (IBSS) support to your roms ?
Reading on net got this: http://www.thinktube.com/android-tech/46-android-wifi-ibss
Maybe can help you to get this function working on our tabs. If you need a tester, let me know!

Thanks.

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Those user having softreboots:
You can try using the closed source sensor blobs and see if they make any difference: p51xx-closed-source-sensor.zip

Will be fixed on next build later this week if 09.02. Build is the latest one :)

Thank you andi for the closed source sensor blobs are doing their job perfectly well on both cm 13 and cm 12.1 based roms (and yes, they even stopped reboots on other rom as well, I was on flashing spree) .

So now anyone else complaining of random reboots should clean flash it along with the rom and always ALWAYS wipe DATA. Seriously guys follow the instructions given by our devs.

Reactions: Android-Andi

Pete_5

Nov 12, 2014
Hi Andi,
yesterday I flashed your latest CM12.1 on my P5110. So far it looks quite good, thanks a lot for your great work :good:

I'd like to add drivers for my USB-Ethernet-Adapter via crosscompiling. Therefore I need the config-file you used (I haven't found any on the tab). Which version of crosscompiler would work "arm-eabi-4.8" maybe?

Are these the kernel-sources you are using for your CM 12.1 build?
github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10/tree/cm-12.1/arch/arm

I would appreciate any hints!

Rgds
Pete

I would appreciate any hints!

Rgds
Pete

andreasarxon

Mar 5, 2011
Hello. I have p5100 and i want it to connect to my drone via usb (dji phantom 3) and when i connect it to my remote controler it doesnt recognize it. It works on cm 13 and stock rom, but not on cm12.1. Is it kernel related? Is it something from the settings? Is there any other kernel to try out? Thanks

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
I am using build 2016/01/29 i have 2 problem

1- i cant use any vpn client, they all comnected but after successful connection i cant open any web page using chrome or other browseres, programs used to test are psiphone, hotspot shield and anycisco

2- Magnetic sensor shows very high values, i tried to use compass and it shows high magnetic field which causes misreading in both gps toolbox and smart tools compass app, i tried to calibrate it using any way that i could ( twist in 8 or rotate in 3 axis) but no luck, also searched a lot didnt find any information.

Anyone can confirm this? Any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts