[CLOSED][DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Just put of curiosity, have any of you tried just using the apps you normally would without hiding Magisk Manager?

I was able to open Google Pay and manipulate cards in my account with not problem.

But, I know that several people have apps that are more picky about detecting root. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else checked if their problem apps worked properly without hiding the Manager.

73sydney

Account currently disabled
My only question/request, factoring in we all appreciate the work, and that the module section crash has been well noted is:

Any chance of a "classic" gui mode, because the new one might be busy/confusing for some

I find it way too busy and hard to read - 48yo with eyesight issues, no such issue with previous gui

Cheers

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
My only question/request, factoring in we all appreciate the work, and that the module section crash has been well noted is:

Any chance of a "classic" gui mode, because the new one might be busy/confusing for some

I find it way too busy and hard to read - 48yo with eyesight issues, no such issue with previous gui

Cheers

Would maybe a different color scheme help with higher contrast between the text and background? Or is it a text size, clarity, and location sort of thing?

I only ask because there are some half dozen preset color themes to choose from.

Reactions: 73sydney

B!GBOY

Jul 22, 2010
??
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
I kind of feel bad about the situation here. There is an astonishing amount of work that is being done here (thank you very much!)

IMHO people that use beta or in this case even unstable canary builds should be prepared to face (in some cases diagnose and solve) problems themselves.

anyway less ranting and more teaching fishing :D
as an example here is how I do problem solving ( I'm not an expert in any shape or form )
- first I got the problem with magisk hide not working. first thing I tried the debug version to check what is broken and behold the debug version works.:silly:
- second problem was the modules page crashing the app. You can check the logs and see that it's an index out of range exception, that pointed in the direction of a module not installing successfully or something in the modules list not being there. so I tried removing the last module i installed, using mm in recovery and reinstalling it and voila the problem is gone.

it was certainly faster than posting about it here (after reading the forum ofc) and waiting days for someone to answer it

73sydney

Cheers as always for having the answer :)

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Would maybe a different color scheme help with higher contrast between the text and background? Or is it a text size, clarity, and location sort of thing?
I only ask because there are some half dozen preset color themes to choose from.

Apologies up front if its your baby...i have aspergers and was born without a tact gland, so sometimes people mistake being blunt as being an asshat..., but no offense meant

I am fine with using Dark mode on my device, using it for every other app on the device, Note 4, but neither dark or light work because some colour choices and design elements work against it

Two main issues for me at least:

1) On home screen theres effectively 4 columns - icon, heading, subheading, information
This 4 column interface means the writing is way too small. Old version, standard list type hierarchical layout to me worked fine, seems mad to abandon it when it worked for 100% of people. This is kinda like Vista and the tile GUI, anyone remember Microsoft justifying the tile layout by asserting no one used the start menu......and how 3rd party start menus made them eat their words? Until they themselves relented after having their bottoms handed to them for years by said 3 parties. An early acceptance that somethings not working is better than a late capitulation......

2) Even switching to Light mode the Version text etc and is still hard to read, because its grey, grey is a poor colour whether in Dark or Light mode, nothing is going to change that, it shouldnt be used

My vote would be to return to the original gui if there was a vote going, if not maybe tuck the 3rd and 4th column under the 2nd and increase the text size, and abandon the light grey text, its diabolical

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Cheers as always for having the answer :)

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Apologies up front if its your baby...i have aspergers and was born without a tact gland, so sometimes people mistake being blunt as being an asshat..., but no offense meant

I am fine with using Dark mode on my device, using it for every other app on the device, Note 4, but neither dark or light work because some colour choices and design elements work against it

Two main issues for me at least:

1) On home screen theres effectively 4 columns - icon, heading, subheading, information
This 4 column interface means the writing is way too small. Old version, standard list type hierarchical layout to me worked fine, seems mad to abandon it when it worked for 100% of people. This is kinda like Vista and the tile GUI, anyone remember Microsoft justifying the tile layout by asserting no one used the start menu......and how 3rd party start menus made them eat their words? Until they themselves relented after having their bottoms handed to them for years by said 3 parties. An early acceptance that somethings not working is better than a late capitulation......

2) Even switching to Light mode the Version text etc and is still hard to read, because its grey, grey is a poor colour whether in Dark or Light mode, nothing is going to change that, it shouldnt be used

My vote would be to return to the original gui if there was a vote going, if not maybe tuck the 3rd and 4th column under the 2nd and increase the text size, and abandon the light grey text, its diabolical
Not at all my baby. Just trying to make sure you were aware of the other color schemes. Sorry to hear that the UI is essentially unusable for you, though.

Reactions: 73sydney

zack483

Aug 8, 2012
Who ever complain about cannot read the text on the manager ui SHOULD go seek the doctor check ur eyes.
I even set my screen to smallest 541dp and i still can read the text clearly. Both in dark or light mode.
Ofcourse the grey text color are very suitable for the black/dark mode on amoled screen, thats how almost all designer themed their dark mode using grey text. So ur eyes will not hurt when focusing bright text on black/dark background.
I like the new ui. Keep it up.

73sydney

Who ever complain about cannot read the text on the manager ui SHOULD go seek the doctor check ur eyes.
I even set my screen to smallest 541dp and i still can read the text clearly. Both in dark or light mode.
Ofcourse the grey text color are very suitable for the black/dark mode on amoled screen, thats how almost all designer themed their dark mode using grey text. So ur eyes will not hurt when focusing bright text on black/dark background.
I like the new ui. Keep it up.

Just a bit insulting considering i already pointed out i have vision issues....and tiny grey text is very hard to see against a lighter grey background in Light mode and a black one in Dark mode

kramer04

Jan 15, 2011
France
To use module you have to check Download path.
Give authorisation
After you can download and use module.
Works for me on Note9 + Android 10

megam4n

Oct 3, 2008
Hi to all, I just made the update to the new Magisk UI and all...
Until now it seems pretty stable.
Haven't noticed anything off...

Only question I have is, what exactly is the Security indicator and how it can be improved?
Mine is Security: Outdated how can I change that to Secured?

Thank you.

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Hi to all, I just made the update to the new Magisk UI and all...
Until now it seems pretty stable.
Haven't noticed anything off...

Only question I have is, what exactly is the Security indicator and how it can be improved?
Mine is Security: Outdated how can I change that to Secured?

Thank you.
The security is about your device, meaning does it have the latest security patches.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

So, the module tab force closing must be about some module. If I reboot to safe mode I can open it and see all of my modules, but I do not have time to go through them one by one at the moment. It is a holiday here. I have fairly normal modules though, viper4android, busybox ndk, riru core, edexposed, systemless hosts, and one other that I made myself. All are functioning fine, just something is blocking access to the modules tab in the new UI.

Reactions: megam4n

CMBoii

Nov 20, 2019
Ok, I've just updated magisk manager and it seems that i'm using th one with the one ui. I want to update my version of my magisk too but I don't know which option I should use: Keep AVB2.0/Dm.verity, keep encryption or via recovery.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canary Magisk Manager: Link
    Canary Magisk Manager (Debug): Link
    Latest Release Notes: Link
    All Canary Files: Link

The Canary Builds are similar to Google Chrome's: bleeding edge of the source.
    Be warned: Canary can be unstable.
    The binaries from debug channel are built with debug flag ON

Install Canary Magisk Manager and go to Settings > Update Channel and switch to either Canary or Canary (Debug)
    If you need a clean start, download the Canary Uninstaller to uninstall any version of Magisk

How to Report:
    • Only report bugs/logs using the debug channel!!
    • Magisk installation failure:
      In TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
      In MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
    • Magisk bugs:
      Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log (For A/B devices, they are actually in /data/cache/magisk.log)
      If you cannot boot or stuck in bootloops, grab logcats (and kernel dmesg if possible) on boot
    • Magisk Manager bugs:
      Grab logcat (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
    • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
      Ignored
    Android Q root baby
    New canary release is now live!
    Due to high demands I added a new canary channel with debug flags turned off, but remember only report bugs/logs when using debug builds!
    FYI, Canary Channels are now moved to a new URL. For existing Canary users, all you need to do is to update to the latest Canary Magisk Manager. Old links will be removed in a couple of days, so please upgrade when it still lasts ?
    Just pushed a new build to fix issues on some devices (known: HTC devices)
    Support for logical partitions will be postponed after the next release cycle, I'm wrapping up for a public release now.