• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[CLOSED][DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

padraigdoran

Mar 8, 2012
TRICK TO ACCESS MODULES IF CRASHING:

Open Magisk.
At the bottom click the modules shortcut.
Now, very very quickly, tap the shortcut at the bottom just to the left of modules to get to the Superuser page.
Next click back into modules and it will load fine.

Last edited:

VincentJoshuaET

Jun 5, 2016
Angat

Open Magisk.
Now, very very quickly, tap the shortcut at the bottom just to the left of modules to get to the Superuser page.
Next click back until modules and it will load fine.
Worked. Thanks!

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 using XDA Labs

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Use the safe mode in the settings then reboot. You should be able to enter modules and remove them.
Tried that still crashing

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Open Magisk.
Still crashing for me smh so weird lol

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi

Open Magisk.
That does work, trick is to use two fingers. Hopefully this is fixed soon though.

zack483

Aug 8, 2012
If anyone complain about the new ui about columns and sorting order, u can always change the column grid to 1 line, i will almost look like old ui back.
Just for information.

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Use a file explorer with root permission and delete the folder of the module of your choice in
/Data/ADB/modules

Or just add an entry file 'disable'in there to disable the module.
I fixed it already by the procedures from above but thanks i will keep this in mind just in case i have any issues (hopefully not) next time:D

godzulu

Oct 16, 2010
Dallas
Adaway systemless - ok, so I updated to the latest magisk build ( new UI) and getting used to it. So far so good. One thing I noticed is that adaway doesn't seem to be keeping(saving) update host. I update host, reboot, and when I open adaway, it still says update hosts. I've tried uninstalling magisk systemless, uninstalled adaway, rebooted, installed module then reinstalled adaway. Same results. Any ideas? Thanks

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Adaway systemless - ok, so I updated to the latest magisk build ( new UI) and getting used to it. So far so good. One thing I noticed is that adaway doesn't seem to be keeping(saving) update host. I update host, reboot, and when I open adaway, it still says update hosts. I've tried uninstalling magisk systemless, uninstalled adaway, rebooted, installed module then reinstalled adaway. Same results. Any ideas? Thanks
Did you enable the the systemless hosts module and reboot? That is the usual cause of that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.