• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED][DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djclark25

Feb 15, 2011
Quick question. I am using the Huawei Update extractor to get the boot.img for my BLA-L09 (C432) Mate 10 pro. I have the full-otg EMUI 9 firmware download, but update extractor is not showing a boot.img to extract???

I want to extract the boot.img so I can patch it in MM.

Any ideas Huawei EMUI 9 users?

hanneshoch3

Mar 22, 2011
Quick question. I am using the Huawei Update extractor to get the boot.img for my BLA-L09 (C432) Mate 10 pro. I have the full-otg EMUI 9 firmware download, but update extractor is not showing a boot.img to extract???

I want to extract the boot.img so I can patch it in MM.

Any ideas Huawei EMUI 9 users?

Please just read the last five pages. Now boot img Doesn't exist anymore, you have to patch recovery ramdisk img now.

kakabobo

Oct 7, 2005
just to check where are the downloaded Magisk Manager apk installer files saved? not in downloaded folders anymore.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ebrathul

Jun 4, 2018
Hello everything worked great with rooting my mate 10 pro (BLA29C432) by replacing the recovery but as i try to install the modified host from adaway my phone crashes after some seconds rebootet. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Hello everything worked great with rooting my mate 10 pro (BLA29C432) by replacing the recovery but as i try to install the modified host from adaway my phone crashes after some seconds rebootet. Does anyone know how to fix that?
No, without proper logs and a proper description what you are trying it is near to impossible to help you.

Did you enable systemless hosts in MagiskManager (= load the required module) and reboot before using AdAway?

Reactions: Ebrathul

Ebrathul

Jun 4, 2018
No, without proper logs and a proper description what you are trying it is near to impossible to help you.

Did you enable systemless hosts in MagiskManager (= load the required module) and reboot before using AdAway?

Perfect thank you very much i missed this point in the options (i think i didn´t need this in Oreo?). You did the near impossible! :D

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I don't find the new MM in the downloads folder or the cache folder, However the latest Canary zip is in the downloads folder.

Is it now deleted after updating MM?

It's not the general /cache folder that is used, it's still stored in the app data folder (for security reasons). Now it's just stored in a /cache directory in the app data folder (example: /data/user/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/cache/manager.apk).

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
It's not the general /cache folder that is used, it's still stored in the app data folder (for security reasons). Now it's just stored in a /cache directory in the app data folder (example: /data/user/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/cache/manager.apk).

I don't see it stored here:

/data/user/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/cache/

On @kantjer 's unofficial build on another, same type of device, I see it here:

/data/user/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/files/

manager.apk and magisk.zip.

That folder is empty, though, on the latest Canary build on one device, but there on a second device with Canary.

One has the debug build, the other tablet has the release Canary build.

The one on the Canary release channel is the tablet where the file are not present there, I just determined. I should probably switch that device to the debug channel as well, since I am a tester of new builds.

On @ianmacd build, only the manager.apk is there in:

/data/user/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/files/

On @kantjer build, both files are there on one device and only the manager.apk on another device with his build, strange.

Last edited:

gerardo96

Sep 24, 2010
Just to add my voice to what @martyfender and @ridobe said. If you're not running stock (and I assume you're now rooted) you do NOT want to lock the bootloader. If something happens you're screwed.

If you lock it and you need to use adb/fastboot for any reason that means you'd have to unlock it again - which means you'd wipe the entire phone again.

People will also tell you that for security reasons you shouldn't root your phone. (I happen to disagree with that statement but that's a different discussion, and does depend on the individual to at least some extent)

So if you really want to lock the phone go back to totally stock first. Otherwise just leave the bootloader unlocked.
Ok, This is what I did, stock room flashed, Bootloader locked, FRP closed. Now phone is like new.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canary Magisk Manager: Link
    Canary Magisk Manager (Debug): Link
    Latest Release Notes: Link
    All Canary Files: Link

The Canary Builds are similar to Google Chrome's: bleeding edge of the source.
    Be warned: Canary can be unstable.
    The binaries from debug channel are built with debug flag ON

Install Canary Magisk Manager and go to Settings > Update Channel and switch to either Canary or Canary (Debug)
    If you need a clean start, download the Canary Uninstaller to uninstall any version of Magisk

How to Report:
    • Only report bugs/logs using the debug channel!!
    • Magisk installation failure:
      In TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
      In MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
    • Magisk bugs:
      Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log (For A/B devices, they are actually in /data/cache/magisk.log)
      If you cannot boot or stuck in bootloops, grab logcats (and kernel dmesg if possible) on boot
    • Magisk Manager bugs:
      Grab logcat (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
    • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
      Ignored
    Android Q root baby
    New canary release is now live!
    Due to high demands I added a new canary channel with debug flags turned off, but remember only report bugs/logs when using debug builds!
    FYI, Canary Channels are now moved to a new URL. For existing Canary users, all you need to do is to update to the latest Canary Magisk Manager. Old links will be removed in a couple of days, so please upgrade when it still lasts ?
    Just pushed a new build to fix issues on some devices (known: HTC devices)
    Support for logical partitions will be postponed after the next release cycle, I'm wrapping up for a public release now.