[CLOSED][DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Tried this on newest Mate 20 pro firmware but after flashing the patched_boot.img via fastboot Magisk still shows "not installed." Is there anything I can do to find out where the problem is?
Make sure the Manager is not installed in external (adoptable) storage. If it is, move it to internal.

Toni Moon

Aug 11, 2015
Anyone can help me? after install the canary build, what url i must put in settings auto update?

JonnyOne

Jul 5, 2017
Select one of them and put it into "custom update channel".

thanks for you suggestion, i try to use
h**ps://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/master/canary_builds/magisk-release.zip
(tt on **)
but this doesnt works, the circle forever spins

edit: found fix by myself, the correct link is
h**ps://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/master/canary_builds/release.json

Last edited:
Reactions: Toni Moon

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
thanks for you suggestion, i try to use
h**ps://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/master/canary_builds/magisk-release.zip
(tt on **)
but this doesnt works, the circle forever spins

edit: found fix by myself, the correct link is
h**ps://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/master/canary_builds/release.json

Yes, if you had copied and pasted one of provided links posted above directly, you would have gotten that result.

Reactions: Hemphiz

PrfyVdlx

Feb 2, 2017
Singapore
Still needing unlocked bootloader

I thought that Magisk can already root the Huawei phone, without the bootloader unlocked. After reading the whole thread, and with @topjohnwu saying it, my hopes were dashed to pieces. Wait, wait and wait some more... thank you for your hard work anyway, it is benefitting many. Kudos! :good::good::good:

PJF16

Jan 5, 2011
Vienna
It doesn't work with Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 on Global ROM. Magisk Manager always says, that Magisk isn't installed. With versions below 18.0 it'll only restart into recovery. Please let me know which further informations you need. :)

Unfortunately only Magisk Version 17.3 produces logs in /cache.

Last edited:

oslo83

For recurrent losses of safetynet, not checking true anymore after some hours the device is booted and until the next reboot ;
I feel I should install canary debug build in place of release build and do https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHelp
But, should I still provide something usefull with logcat when it happens with last canary release build ? - As right now i'm in the state where it happened.
Or should I stick to last debug canary build for that ? -and wait it occurs again...

On Huawei P20 EML-L29 Emui9

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
For recurrent losses of safetynet, not checking true anymore after some hours the device is booted and until the next reboot ;
I feel I should install canary debug build in place of release build and do https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHelp
But, should I still provide something usefull with logcat when it happens with last canary release build ? - As right now i'm in the state where it happened.
Or should I stick to last debug canary build for that ? -and wait it occurs again...

On Huawei P20 EML-L29 Emui9
If you have a logcat that crosses the time between safety net passing and not I would say post it. It certainly won't hurt anything

Last edited:

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
P20

So i have it working with Canary via flashing with recovery module but have now picked up that some module is not working with my phone and it doesnt boot. Any idea how to get rid of the modules as the phone gets stuck in the bootup logo. Android Pie

Last edited:

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
So i have it working with Canary via flashing with recovery module but have now picked up that some module is not working with my phone and it doesnt boot. Any idea how to get rid of the modules as the phone gets stuck in the bootup logo. Android Pie
Get the SUmount zip from https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239421
Flash that in TWRP it will mount magisk.img. You can then use the TWRP file manager to go and delete any modules.

Reactions: Tecalote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canary Magisk Manager: Link
    Canary Magisk Manager (Debug): Link
    Latest Release Notes: Link
    All Canary Files: Link

The Canary Builds are similar to Google Chrome's: bleeding edge of the source.
    Be warned: Canary can be unstable.
    The binaries from debug channel are built with debug flag ON

Install Canary Magisk Manager and go to Settings > Update Channel and switch to either Canary or Canary (Debug)
    If you need a clean start, download the Canary Uninstaller to uninstall any version of Magisk

How to Report:
    • Only report bugs/logs using the debug channel!!
    • Magisk installation failure:
      In TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
      In MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
    • Magisk bugs:
      Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log (For A/B devices, they are actually in /data/cache/magisk.log)
      If you cannot boot or stuck in bootloops, grab logcats (and kernel dmesg if possible) on boot
    • Magisk Manager bugs:
      Grab logcat (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
    • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
      Ignored
    Android Q root baby
    New canary release is now live!
    Due to high demands I added a new canary channel with debug flags turned off, but remember only report bugs/logs when using debug builds!
    FYI, Canary Channels are now moved to a new URL. For existing Canary users, all you need to do is to update to the latest Canary Magisk Manager. Old links will be removed in a couple of days, so please upgrade when it still lasts ?
    Just pushed a new build to fix issues on some devices (known: HTC devices)
    Support for logical partitions will be postponed after the next release cycle, I'm wrapping up for a public release now.