Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G

trax69

Jun 15, 2009
L'Aquila
OnePlus Pad
OnePlus 12
Hey guys,
don't know if already mentioned but when I'm charging my OnePlus 7 Pro powered off, so I stick in the boot warning splash screen.
Is there a fix?

That is normal issue for OxygenOS. My OPO with TugaPower P18 don't have this issue, but my OP6 with OxygenOS OB19 have this issue.

So alternative is, enter recovery mode. Charge on that mode (it can turn off screen).

You can search on OxygenOS thread at XDA, they already talking about this issue. This is not Magisk issue, but OxygenOS itself.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using XDA Labs

this is really an annoying problem. The phone freezes and you have to restart by pressing the volume and power off keys simultaneously. Do all Oxygen users have this problem?

EDIT
without Magisk it works ! the battery symbol appears and the OnePlus 7 Pro charges normally

Last edited:
Reactions: Gborg3

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Reactions: Gborg3 and trax69

73sydney

Account currently disabled
Super user list is not showing any app..

Me too.......

Uninstalling and reinstalling only fixes it until you install another module

Needs fixing ASAP as if you have an app that needs root and it doesnt display root prompt in a timely manner, or you miss it and the time window to press on prompt to allow, guess what, you have to uninstall magisk again

This is a major bug.......how did this get past the testing stage, oops, are we now the only testers?

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Me too.......

Needs fixing ASAP as if you have an app that needs root and it doesnt display root prompt in a timely manner, or you miss it and the time window to press on prompt to allow, guess what, you have to uninstall magisk again

This is a major bug.......how did this get past the testing stage, oops, are we now the only testers?

If you are using the Magisk Canary builds, then yes you are one of the testers. If you want more stable builds, use the stable or beta builds.
Have you read the OP? If not, you should do so.

Last edited:

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
Airtel mitra app not working magisk hide plz update
From the op:
SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
Ignored
So the dev will ignore this and without more information, nobody else can help you either.
You expect others to install your app and trace down the bug that is bothering you. There is a very helpful and willing community here, but you get what you put into it.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Super user list is not showing any app..
Deleting data/adb/Magisk.db fixed it for me. You will need to re-authorize the su permissions of your apps.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Me too.......

If you're not happy with the software freely made available to you you have tree option to not use it.
If you would like to file a bug report do so in the correct manner and be polite.

kubura2999

Aug 8, 2014
Iam always using stable builds of magisk, but today something happened and i wanted to ask here. I was installing roms, and restoring data on my a5 2017. I was doing it a few times because i wanted to to try something with modifying OMC files, and few times
i had to install magisk after that, allways the latest stable build. You know usual rooting phone stuff. I had some spare time to play with the phone :) Anyway, one of those times after rooting again and restoring data gain, magisk update was showing so i updated it. The update was Manager 7.3 and after that
Magisk-v19.4-c1602d25(19301).zip. Its 10.63 MB. Everything is working normally, so I wanted to see the changelog, but then i saw it wasnt stable or beta build. This is my first time eveng opening this thread. So my question is how did it update to this canary build?

dd805bb

Sep 18, 2017
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
Twrp has been the offline charging issue on the marlin and cross hatch, I can confirm that. Patching boot image versus flashing Twrp, offline charging doesn't work when flashing magisk via Twrp. But if you patch the boot image and fastboot flash it, it works great. Been on this issue way that issues was put on github and have been saying this for months. My posts get deleted from Twrp forum and or root guide that says to use Twrp. I have proven this for months. Magisk doesn't touch the system image, so offline charging should work while off. Twrp is what messing with offline. Magsik can not because offline and powered down magisk isn't even running. Twrp overlaps the recovery and boot. So the background of the phone is actually messing up deciding whether to boot into os or offline charging. Magisk isn't even doing anything offline. It doesn't cover your recovery and change how to boot into recovery, which is part of offline charging. I rarely look in the github issues because many many issues are not even issues at. This one is not device specific more of what you used to flash Magisk. So not a magisk problem. Twrp is second choice in rooting your phone. Patch your boot yourself.

jcmm11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Iam always using stable builds of magisk, but today something happened and i wanted to ask here. I was installing roms, and restoring data on my a5 2017. I was doing it a few times because i wanted to to try something with modifying OMC files, and few times
i had to install magisk after that, allways the latest stable build. You know usual rooting phone stuff. I had some spare time to play with the phone :) Anyway, one of those times after rooting again and restoring data gain, magisk update was showing so i updated it. The update was Manager 7.3 and after that
Magisk-v19.4-c1602d25(19301).zip. Its 10.63 MB. Everything is working normally, so I wanted to see the changelog, but then i saw it wasnt stable or beta build. This is my first time eveng opening this thread. So my question is how did it update to this canary build?
Go into settings in the Manager. Under 'Update Settings' what's 'Update Channel' set to?

mohsyn

Sep 22, 2012
@mohsyn
Along with this /data/adb/modules should also be unencrypted. Just make sure when you boot up into TWRP when the password/pattern screen comes up you hit cancel. That should give you access to the areas you need.

The exception would be if the device uses full disk encryption as opposed to file based, but I don't know if there's any A/B devices doing that.

/data/adb/modules is both encrypted and needs root access on honor view 10
/data/cache is also encrypted

touch command fails saying required key is not present

I will however try and re-install a full 3.7gb update and see if that helps

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Twrp has been the offline charging issue on the marlin and cross hatch, I can confirm that. Patching boot image versus flashing Twrp, offline charging doesn't work when flashing magisk via Twrp. But if you patch the boot image and fastboot flash it, it works great. Been on this issue way that issues was put on github and have been saying this for months. My posts get deleted from Twrp forum and or root guide that says to use Twrp. I have proven this for months. Magisk doesn't touch the system image, so offline charging should work while off. Twrp is what messing with offline. Magsik can not because offline and powered down magisk isn't even running. Twrp overlaps the recovery and boot. So the background of the phone is actually messing up deciding whether to boot into os or offline charging. Magisk isn't even doing anything offline. It doesn't cover your recovery and change how to boot into recovery, which is part of offline charging. I rarely look in the github issues because many many issues are not even issues at. This one is not device specific more of what you used to flash Magisk. So not a magisk problem. Twrp is second choice in rooting your phone. Patch your boot yourself.

On those devices, recovery is in the boot.img ramdisk, I believe and not a separate partition. Have you ever tried, as @topjohnwu recommends and just temp booted twrp with fastboot to flash magisk, instead of installing twrp to the boot partition?

Reactions: Gborg3 and dd805bb

dd805bb

Sep 18, 2017
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
On those devices, recovery is in the boot.img ramdisk, I believe and not a separate partition. Have you ever tried, as @topjohnwu recommends and just temp booted twrp with fastboot to flash magisk, instead of installing twrp to the boot partition?
A Yes that is exactly what I do now. No problems with offline charging. I had the same issues. Show a fail safe icon instead of the actual charge output. Then would take a long power hold which is resetting everything to boot again. Now that I fastboot flash the boot with no twrp, works great. Twrp is great on some devices, but for some reason lately has had an issue with pie. Twrp is great to just boot to, never install it or use it to root anymore. Only save me if I got a module messing up boot I just installed. No more flashing with twrp for me. I use exkm for kernel and everything else is modules from magisk. No more offline charging issues.

Reactions: Gborg3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canary Magisk Manager: Link
    Canary Magisk Manager (Debug): Link
    Latest Release Notes: Link
    All Canary Files: Link

The Canary Builds are similar to Google Chrome's: bleeding edge of the source.
    Be warned: Canary can be unstable.
    The binaries from debug channel are built with debug flag ON

Install Canary Magisk Manager and go to Settings > Update Channel and switch to either Canary or Canary (Debug)
    If you need a clean start, download the Canary Uninstaller to uninstall any version of Magisk

How to Report:
    • Only report bugs/logs using the debug channel!!
    • Magisk installation failure:
      In TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
      In MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
    • Magisk bugs:
      Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log (For A/B devices, they are actually in /data/cache/magisk.log)
      If you cannot boot or stuck in bootloops, grab logcats (and kernel dmesg if possible) on boot
    • Magisk Manager bugs:
      Grab logcat (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
    • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
      Ignored
    Android Q root baby
    New canary release is now live!
    Due to high demands I added a new canary channel with debug flags turned off, but remember only report bugs/logs when using debug builds!
    FYI, Canary Channels are now moved to a new URL. For existing Canary users, all you need to do is to update to the latest Canary Magisk Manager. Old links will be removed in a couple of days, so please upgrade when it still lasts ?
    Just pushed a new build to fix issues on some devices (known: HTC devices)
    Support for logical partitions will be postponed after the next release cycle, I'm wrapping up for a public release now.